Announcing the One-Month Leagues (and Ambush/Invasion Challenge Winners)

"
Right, all my characters that are on standard are from HC deaths.

Well replace my last sentence with "same way some only enjoy SC". Whole reply still applies. Some only enjoy HC so GGG has no reason to alienate them when no other league is occurring.
please ggg make it hardcore :( much funnier to me for a short a league.
I'm mostly a SC player but thought this was a nice occasion to play some hc for longer time.

Or if you wanna keep softcore, make it a lot thougher. Like permanent onslaught mode , doubled.
"
kasub wrote:
"
Right, all my characters that are on standard are from HC deaths.

Well replace my last sentence with "same way some only enjoy SC". Whole reply still applies. Some only enjoy HC so GGG has no reason to alienate them when no other league is occurring.

Are you saying that I dont enjoy HC? Sure you can only enjoy hc, but you can play in a sc league and delete if it means that much to you. And really, who wants items/currency in Hardcore? No one plays there. Good luck selling anything, finding anyone selling fuses, finding any groups. Sure theres some activity from the league end, but it will all dry up in under a month.
Saddened by this decision. You have nurtured a hardcore community, which has grown to be great and now you do this. Please consider making a hc 1 month additionally. Listen to us!
IGN: Nooney
"
Talkii wrote:
why do ppl qq about sc league?
be a man, and delete your chars if they die once.
problem solved.

also l2p without alt+f4/logout scripts

Doesn't really sound like a fair ladder-system, which i think most HC players would want.
"
Talkii wrote:
why do ppl qq about sc league?
be a man, and delete your chars if they die once.
problem solved.

[removed by support]

Your argument is so little tenable, that i am surprised you even decided to make it. Besides the overt hasty generalization.
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Jul 7, 2014, 3:19:40 AM
Softcore event?Very disapointed.....Break form PoE
"
Are you saying that I dont enjoy HC?

No I did not say that, I thought I made that clear. I said some people only enjoy HC, while others only enjoy SC.

Two league system has always existed in PoE so it should not stop with this 1 month league. It's fine for races during 4 month leagues but right now there is no leagues occurring.
Last edited by kasub on Jul 7, 2014, 3:09:47 AM
quoted from reddit

"it's the mentality behind it...When you can't die, every close call just sticks with you. That feeling when mind = blown as you think "how the fuck did I survive that?". When deaths don't matter, it starts out as "Let's not die..../do everything to live". Then you die. "well, it was just one death, ill keep going"....eventually death doesn't matter. There is no adrenaline rush or "mind=blown" moments.

When You go from HC league to SC, there is no "well it was just one death, ill keep going" Your whole fucking stash is gone. Everything you've collected is gone. Currency, maps, situational items, etc are all gone. You can't just hit "return to checkpoint" and all is like before except your death counter."

"it's not only the mentality behind it, it's SC economies. even if you play "middlecore" in SC there's other people running around with 500% rarity and 200 hp dying 50 times with no penalty fucking up the SC economy

and there's no item sink.

the economy is almost as big of a reason as to why I play HC as the challenge. SC econs are just hyperfucked"
http://www.twitch.tv/rhoxxx

follow the stream :)
"
opkast wrote:
Saddened by this decision. You have nurtured a hardcore community, which has grown to be great and now you do this. Please consider making a hc 1 month additionally. Listen to us!

no

[removed by support]

having a one month HC league means anyone who dies at the end of week 2 will have zero incentive to make a new character

the best way to get the most involvement for a one month league is for it to be non-HC

after it's over we can always go back to HC and non-HC 4 month leagues

Last edited by Michael_GGG on Jul 7, 2014, 5:36:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info