Announcing the One-Month Leagues (and Ambush/Invasion Challenge Winners)

The starting time in the PDT timezone is 5pm Friday July 11. This is 2am on Saturday in the CEST timezone.

The primary event is a non-hardcore event (deaths don't cause your character to leave the event), but we're also running a hardcore event with the same rules for people who want an extra challenge.

We've had many requests to bring back previous league properties in interesting combinations for a race event. This one-month event has the following seven sets of properties, lasting for four days each:
  • Anarchy and Invasion
  • Anarchy and Ambush
  • Ambush and Nemesis
  • Anarchy, Ambush and Nemesis
  • Ambush and Onslaught
  • Onslaught and Nemesis
  • Onslaught, Nemesis and Invasion

To describe each of these properties:
  • Anarchy: Rogue Exiles spawn at a substantially increased rate - quite a lot more than they do in the core game. Still less than one per area on average though!
  • Onslaught: 20% increased monster movement, attack and cast speed.
  • Nemesis: Every rare monster will have a Nemesis mod. Inner Treasure will occur at a much higher rate than it ever has before.
  • Ambush: Exactly like the recent Ambush league, craftable Strongboxes will spawn.
  • Invasion: A powerful Invader will spawn in each area. There is a greater variety of guest monsters when this property is in place.
  • Domination: Shrines are already present in the core game and we feel that ramping up their rate to create a sixth property isn't really necessary.

League-specific uniques will not spawn in this event.

Prizes
We'll pick winners randomly from the people who reach the following levels or higher. The prize levels continue to stack as you level up. You can win prizes from multiple tiers. Both the events draw from the same prize pool (i.e. it doesn't matter which you enter, but if you want an extra challenge, play in the hardcore one). Dead hardcore characters are eligible for prizes corresponding to the level they reached.

Prizes available in the random draw include:

In addition, the top five players (from each event) by experience will receive an alternate-art Demigod's Bounty. If multiple players are tied at level 100, then the first five players to reach it will receive the prize.

Other Rules
  • The single highest level character in this league on your account will be considered.
  • Do not enter with multiple accounts - this will disqualify you.
  • GGG Staff members are not eligible for prizes.
  • If you're interested to read more about the rules of race events, check out this link.

Ambush/Invasion Challenge Winners
The following 14 users achieved 8/8 challenges in the Ambush/Invasion leagues. We'll be sending them an exclusive challenge t-shirt as a prize.

• Morsexier
  • Balguez
  • Sadat
  • ShadwRoca
  • SirLoin
  • Fireknight
  • Helman
  • Redblade
  • Goratha
  • Flubby
  • Chundadragon
  • Zaunn
  • xIsilx
  • Drinitix

We've received a lot of feedback about the recent challenges and have taken it on board for the design of the next set of challenges. More information will be made available as we release information on the expansion in the coming month!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jul 7, 2014, 11:33:25 PM
The antagonizing 'Standard versus Hardcore' posts need to stop. Accounts may be probated if they continue with comments of this nature.

Edit: Users are free to say what they like or don't like about the league if they wish; but saying one group of players is better or worse than others is not okay.
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Jul 7, 2014, 3:38:27 AM
"
opkast wrote:
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
The antagonizing 'Standard versus Hardcore' posts need to stop. Accounts may be probated if they continue with comments of this nature.

Edit: Users are free to say what they like or don't like about the league if they wish; but saying one group of players is better or worse than others is not okay.

I completely agree that this has taken a wrong turn - it is not nice to see such alienation between the 2 communities, but you must have known that this would happen when you have such an incarnated and passionate hardcore community - who are without a shed of doubt, extremely disappointed in this decision.

We understand Hardcore players are passionate, and like I said it's okay for people to post their feelings about it here, please do so - this warning is only to anyone who is bagging on one league community or the other, Standard or Hardcore.
"
ubix wrote:
"
RhoxPOE wrote:
"
Michael_GGG wrote:

then make the league hardcore

+1

make it hc or RIOT

No, I see anymore of this and you will get probated.

"
bitV wrote:

Can you please at least explain GGG's decision? I keep hearing repeated that standard and hardcore appeal to different players, often by you guys at GGG, which is totally true, but in that regard it also makes no sense that you would give a large portion of your player base, to whom that motivation to survive fuels their enjoyment of the game, nothing to do during the break.

I can't speak for the design team, but it's perhaps worth thinking of the one-month league as more of a complimentary entree leading up to the new Hardcore and Standard leagues in August, please don't mistake it for the main meal. Additionally, as others have pointed out prior special events have been done for Hardcore in the past.
"
semblance wrote:

Hi Michael,

Are any of the devs currently tracking this issue? Or is this matter just "forum noise?"

I'm only asking for the sake of my soul, which is currently draining for my body. (I've posted two messages in favor of a HC version, with zero animosity towards any SC players.)

Thanks

It's currently after-hours here so it's more likely the developers will be reading the thread tomorrow.

"
ofallcreation wrote:

But any past hardcore race even softcore players had access to. Hardcore just rolls to softcore when they die, not the otherway around. This is why a softcore race by nature is unable to appeal to the entire player base, while a HC race can

"
bitV wrote:

I can appreciate that, but at the same time I think going full swing in the opposite direction just highlights the problem and doesn't really address it - A consistent pairing of event leagues both standard and hardcore would be the ultimate solution, I think most of the players would agree with that sentiment irrespective of their preferred league.

My speculation here is that it's partly due to the time required to design and balance two one-month leagues over just one (time that could be used for the actual new leagues in August) especially considering the care that's required to make something actually fun and worthy for hardcore, rather than just frustrating.

"
Michael_GGG wrote:

Also please remember to keep discussion on topic. Posts of this nature will be removed and the user may also be placed on probation
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help.
I've updated the original post with news about the (identical) hardcore event we'll be running at the same time.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info