The Headbang Gang 2.0 - Raging Spirits madness - now with cheap version + leveling guide

Gems are simple IMO.

Mandatory: Multistrike, MPD, Spell Echo

Swap, i.e. use only one of these: Melee Splash or Inc Dur

Last spot: Added Fire (if you use curse/EE) or Faster Casting (no curse/EE) or Minion damage (can't get a red color) or Empower L3+ if you can afford it. Or Melee on Full if you believe it gives you better clear speeds.

All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Jul 16, 2014, 7:02:18 PM
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Gems are simple IMO.

Last spot: Added Fire (if you use curse/EE) or Faster Casting (no curse/EE) or Minion damage (can't get a red color) or Empower L3+ if you can afford it. Or Melee on Full if you believe it gives you better clear speeds.

Minion damage should be better than Added Fire 100% of the time unless I'm mistaken?

Update: Just finished Dominus and lv35 now. I think the gem just needed a few more levels because it's a lot more effective! Can't wait to get some cast speed...
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Jul 16, 2014, 8:33:00 PM
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Gems are simple IMO.

Minion damage should be better than Added Fire 100% of the time unless I'm mistaken?

I believe added fire works off the 100% physical amount rather than the remaining 50% after conversion. One source.

"
sherkhan wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Gems are simple IMO.

Matrix, how do you proc EE?

Thinking totem + ball + faster casting + gmp?

That's probably best. Faster casting could be replaced for inc aoe. I don't have the links so I just have totem - arc. Arc simply because it travels faster. I have a ball lightning, but haven't played around with it too much.

"
sherkhan wrote:
Hmm. Maybe one self cast ball lightning + gmp + aoe + slower projectiles. Should take as much time a casting a totem

I would actually use Faster Projectiles rather than slower on that, since you only need to hit mobs once with it to proc EE, so you might as well give the balls more range. Although really I would probably use neither and put in Blind instead, it's quit effective with the number of hits BL dishes out.
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
Someone just downed Atziri at day 5 of the one-month with a build very similar to this one (no staff). http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/973472
I am so never getting a 5L staff with how popular this is becoming :p
"
Someone just downed Atziri at day 5 of the one-month with a build very similar to this one (no staff). http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/973472

Hmm. I tried atziri myself. Was a bit underwhelmed with how I did. Lost 5 portals. 2 to the vaals, and 3 to the trio. Started killing the trio out of order: double striker, cycloner. Then had to get a nice guy from trade chat to finish it for me.

The deaths to the vaals was just me being careless. Not really hard to do them with no deaths IMO.

OTOH the trio seems impossible. After we run out of life flasks, we have no way to regain life. It's not possible to kill them by kiting if we cannot regain life as we're kiting. Eventually they catch up and do some damage, and eventually they kill. I was using granite+jade flasks with iron reflexes for 40k armor, and it didn't make much of a difference. Maybe the key is to use 4 life flasks for this fight instead of just 2.

I was using arc-ee totem, and self-cast enfeeble. I had cwdt-ec-ic-frost wall (this works great in maps btw). It was underwhelming since I couldn't get enough charges from the ec, so the ic was useless, and frost wall only helped in one instance. I don't know if using a skeleton totem like Adamcapps08 did would really make the fight more manageable. Also killing the ranged one first is almost mandatory, since she is the hardest to kite.

Also our mobility kind of sucks. I'm thinking dropping the cwdt for leapslam-faster attack so I can move a bit.

I have a few more sets, but I'm not feeling excited to try again after this experience. :P

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Hmm. I tried atziri myself. Was a bit underwhelmed with how I did. Lost 5 portals. 2 to the vaals, and 3 to the trio. Started killing the trio out of order: double striker, cycloner. Then had to get a nice guy from trade chat to finish it for me.

The deaths to the vaals was just me being careless. Not really hard to do them with no deaths IMO.

OTOH the trio seems impossible. [...]

Also our mobility kind of sucks. I'm thinking dropping the cwdt for leapslam-faster attack so I can move a bit.

I have a few more sets, but I'm not feeling excited to try again after this experience. :P

Regarding the trio, we should be able to IC-cheese it, like most builds - or actually better thanks to the skill duration nodes. All you have to do is self cast lvl20 EC-echo and 20/20 IC-in dur for permanent phys immunity. The only non-phys damage in that room is chaos degen. We don't take any +end charges, but you can just swap rings for 2 kaom's signs (and maybe a +1 belt if you have that). The loss of resists and mana regen is irrelevant since there is no elemental damage to take here and you don't need to sustain AA (just spamming spirits). Once you have the mechanics down on this, it should not be a problem at all.

I'm more worried about Atziri herself, because of mobility as you pointed out. With stats like these, there is no way we can tank anything in there, so it's going to be a game of cast-dodge-cast-dodge, and our dodge does suck quite a bit. As the guy in question mentioned, this can be a long and tenuous process. It's also fairly dangerous.

I still haven't gotten to trying it myself, as I got sidetracked by a few silly builds in the last week or so. I should get to it some time.
You will definitely need a movement skill for Atziri. Leap Slam + FA or Lightning Warp + Red Duration are the best bet.
IGN: Dmillz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info