The Headbang Gang 2.0 - Raging Spirits madness - now with cheap version + leveling guide

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Also bad news about curse on hit not working with totem:

"
Wiki wrote:

Traps and Totems supported by this gem will not apply any curses even though the tooltip says they can and curses linked to this gem are disabled from being cast directly. This is still true even when using a spell or attack linked to the Trap or Spell Totem/Ranged Attack Totem support gems.

ahh good information. Never tried it. I just use the blind balls totem. Enfeeble would be easy enough to self cast anyhow for both the trio and atziri.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
figured I'd post a couple gems worth doing the GCP recipe on and when they are equal to or greater than their level 20 counter parts.

20% Minion Damage at level 11 > Minion damage level 20

20% Increased Duration at level 9 > increased duration level 20

20% elemental weakness at level 10 > elemental weakness level 20 **

**(note: difference will be 1 second duration from level 10 to level 20 elemental weakness and radius of curse will be half as both radius and duration grow with gem level. But loss in resistance from the curse at 20% level 10 is equal to or greater than 0% level 20)

Summon Raging Spirit gains minion speed. So, may be good to level a 2nd in offhand then recipe that one and relevel. Or gcp it or get a quality one off the bat.

I had wondered about the minion speed gem vs increased duration. ultimately I figured the speed helps get to targets faster but not with attacks. It may help get to a target half a second faster but it won't help while attacking whereas increased duration would help attack longer.

melee physical damage gives increased melee damage (up to 10%) vs the gem giving More. So, not too sure when exactly but I think it'd have to be around level 15 at 20% to begin to overshadow level 20, 0%.

Multistrike would need to be level 16 to have the same increased melee physical damage but would have 4% less attack speed as a level 20, 0%.

Spell Echo quality doesn't help us at all. Spell damage doesn't effect the spirits.

If you use minion life then 20% gem at level 5 = 0% gem at level 20.

---------------------

This exercise brought up a very interesting idea. Enhance vs other options. Quality on melee physical, minion damage, multistrike would all lift the damage significantly.

At level 2 enhance adds 8% quality.

Minion damage gem with with 8% more quality (6% increased damage) is equal to minion damage gem at level 26.
Plus, you'd get an 8% increase in melee physical from the 2 gems combined and 8% minion speed.

Looks like (preliminary quick math) empower level 3 (level 4 with + to all gems) still edges it out (@ same level) but it's pretty close and I didn't use full DPS calculations.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Thanks for doing that Madcoww. The raging spirits' 20% MS actually improves real world DPS significantly. IMO buy 12+Q, Level it and GCP it. Don't do GCP recipe.

I'm also doing GCP recipe on my auras because I believe having radius helps real world DPS with spirits all over the place.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Jul 18, 2014, 4:43:51 PM
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Thanks for doing that Madcoww. The raging spirits' 20% MS actually improves real world DPS significantly. IMO buy 12+Q, Level it and GCP it. Don't do GCP recipe.

I'm also doing GCP recipe on my auras because I believe having radius helps real world DPS with spirits all over the place.

I've been a little confused on this. Do the minions need to be within the radius of your aura or do they inherently get the aura bonus?

EDIT: Looks like they need to be in the radius. Hmmm never really considered that. I'd link increased Aoe BUT then the mana multiplier would make them harder to manage. I see why some people took the Leadership node now.

Re leveling auras to 20 (even though it's only 2) is such a pain. And they don't have the same effect unless 20. That is if you don't include the distance they can travel which would make the math nearly impossible.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Jul 18, 2014, 6:07:46 PM
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

I've been a little confused on this. Do the minions need to be within the radius of your aura or do they inherently get the aura bonus?

EDIT: Looks like they need to be in the radius. Hmmm never really considered that. I'd link increased Aoe BUT then the mana multiplier would make them harder to manage. I see why some people took the Leadership node now.

Re leveling auras to 20 (even though it's only 2) is such a pain. And they don't have the same effect unless 20. That is if you don't include the distance they can travel which would make the math nearly impossible.

Haste 18-20 is minor difference, as is hatred. You can always stick them in alpha to reach a desired breakpoint. The movement stuff isn't that hard to calculate. Check the movement thread in my signature.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Rory just posted the numbers for post-buff Raging Spirits in [urlhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahqk9lptRHcMdHdjM1hTNTV1NzhBeEtQYlVvM1NvSFE#gid=4]this updated spreadsheet[/url].

They're nuts.

I was working under the assumption that the buff was 66% more at levels >20, but it's not the case. It was actually 102% at level 26, making the actual DPS in this build significantly superior to what I calculated. Will update the main post accordingly soon.
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
well, it simply means that it's 202%/166% = 21.7% more DPS than previously calculated.
which really makes your 25k into 30.5k.
At which point does Melee Physical Damage surpass Increased Minion Damage? I.e. how much Increased Minion Damage do I already need to have on tree + gear that MPD is better?
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)
Just wanted to say thank you for the build. I am running this in the 1 month and am now 83. Currently I am farming 77/78 maps with little issues. My gear is pretty bad but it really doesn't matter with this build that much.

Gear
Spoiler

The belt I got last night, before that was just a double resist no health crappy one. Cloak of defiance was a nice upgrade, but rolling after 12 stacks of cromatics, I had to leave it at 4b 1r. To be honest though faster casting has sped up my clear speeds. I clear so fast that it is better to pump more skull out on the run than have them do more damage. Most maps I don't even bother cursing or throwing the totem down unless its a boss. Flesh offering and vaal haste melt bosses in a matter of seconds any way. All in all, it is a fun build and would be a great build to use at the beginning of next league and then switch to ele wander build late game
"
DLimited wrote:
At which point does Melee Physical Damage surpass Increased Minion Damage? I.e. how much Increased Minion Damage do I already need to have on tree + gear that MPD is better?

depends on gem levels, but generally, you need around 60% (+/- 5%) increased minion damage from tree for melee physical damage gem to be better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info