What Happens when the Ambush and Invasion Leagues end this Weekend?

What can you tell me about the drop availability for items that were previously exclusive to Ambush and Invasion? Will these items become available from drops in Standard and Hardcore? What about quiver base types?
"
Vinifera7 wrote:
What can you tell me about the drop availability for items that were previously exclusive to Ambush and Invasion? Will these items become available from drops in Standard and Hardcore? What about quiver base types?

"
Chris wrote:

Other League-Specific Content
The new progression of quivers has been successful. Our current plan is to introduce them to the core game when these leagues end and stop the old quivers from dropping at that point.

Unset Rings will also be introduced to the core game.

Unique Items
We generally do not add unique items from challenge leagues to the full pool when the league ends. With Ambush/Invasion we have examined our roster of unique quivers, and we allow all the new unique quivers to spawn when the new quiver progression is swapped in at 1.2.0.

Voideye and Vaal Caress will not be added to the general unique pool. They may return in some other form in the future.

All of the content and features that make their way from the challenge leagues to the core game add up over time to contribute a lot to Path of Exile's ongoing evolution. We have awesome plans for the next challenge leagues :)
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Super. Thanks, peachii :)
Excited, can't wait to see what the 1 month league and new 4 month will bring.

Chris, you should seriously consider giving regular Remove Only stash tabs a 60-90 or 120 day expiration date. Leaving them forever causes serious Item Rot and gives people the ability to horde items and orbs to a great extent without paying for Stash tabs. I had much more to say about it in other posts but can't quite get past the migraine to remember it all today.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
Chris wrote:
We recently made a change where the contents of a remove-only tab are automatically moved into a new stash tab as one is purchased. This was primarily to fix a technical problem, but happens to also help users who purchase a lot of stash tabs when challenge leagues end and don't want to have to move the items across one at a time.

It also happens to completely disincentivize stash tab purchases from a certain segment of the player base. People such as myself who have a lot of tabs, and a ton of remove only tabs (from tons of long duration events), who use these R-O tabs as pseudo-stash tabs. I was thinking of buying stash tabs soon, but there's absolutely no point for me now.

When you can, you really should set it up the way it was, so that everyone will want to buy tabs again.

"
Voisard wrote:
1st page hype ?

Can we get this post deleted please?

"
peachii wrote:
Chris, you should seriously consider giving regular Remove Only stash tabs a 60-90 or 120 day expiration date. Leaving them forever causes serious Item Rot and gives people the ability to horde items and orbs to a great extent without paying for Stash tabs.

It's never going to happen. Imagine, if you will, someone who quits the game for a year, "knowing" all his remove-only tabs are sitting there waiting for him. He comes back to the game and they are all gone because a new "expiration" rule was implemented. Can you say marketing disaster? It's never going to happen.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Jul 3, 2014, 9:33:37 PM
I bought a stash tab bundle the last time they were on sale and i didnt know back then that they would be filled up by my remove only stuff.
That is way i had to reorganize my stash and throw away most of the crappy remove only stuff (basically all off it) just to make room.
In the past i originally bought more stashtabs so i had more space and so im very disappointed by the change.
ign: EB_CI
Last edited by R15t on Jun 28, 2022, 6:08:41 PM
"
unsane wrote:
People such as myself who have a lot of tabs, and a ton of remove only tabs (from tons of long duration events), who use these R-O tabs as pseudo-stash tabs.

And that's part of the problem. They probably never intended for them to be used that way. They're intended to be simply so you don't lose items when the leagues transfer over, but not to be free permanent tabs.
"
Hodari wrote:
"
unsane wrote:
People such as myself who have a lot of tabs, and a ton of remove only tabs (from tons of long duration events), who use these R-O tabs as pseudo-stash tabs.

And that's part of the problem. They probably never intended for them to be used that way. They're intended to be simply so you don't lose items when the leagues transfer over, but not to be free permanent tabs.

How is that a problem? It gives extra value to stash tabs for us hoarders, incentivizing the purchase of more and participation in more temp leagues and events like the charity race.

This change will result in less tabs being bought, not more.

If they want less remove only tabs hanging around give us a "vendor all" button at the top of each one.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
mucker wrote:
How is that a problem? It gives extra value to stash tabs for us hoarders, incentivizing the purchase of more and participation in more temp leagues and events like the charity race.

This change will result in less tabs being bought, not more.

If they want less remove only tabs hanging around give us a "vendor all" button at the top of each one.

Maybe the immense amount of remove-only tabs is a growing server expense that they are trying to diminish and this is a solution.
1 month league hype !!!
Kogollo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info