Tweety Explosive Arrow Marauder - A new Tree for an Old-School Cheap Endgame Build (UPDATED 1.3)

"
AnEcho wrote:
is this build Atziri capable? can't decide between this and a puncture/pierce split arrow ranger for the 1 month race.

No. This build is a really bad choice to try to kill Atziri. Something like 80-90% of my damage is ignite damage. Because of the choice of making Atziri non-ignitable (which I don't really understand, but whatever), this means that my damage is completely neutered in that fight.
Hardcore: TweetyAsplodeYou
Bloodlines: TweetyManMode
Hi! I'm currently enjoying a build very similar to yours in the softcore 1 month league. I'm pretty survivable, even though I'm walking around with a tabula. Haven't got to high maps yet though.

I'd like your opinion on an idea I had, to make this build evasion-based. I would start as scion instead, get frenzy charges, acro and phase acro. I still get a lot of health, some damage and also the templar aoe nodes. I assume that since EA is considered projectile damage, it is evadable?

Another thing I thought of is blood dance boots. They would give me 6% regen with frenzy charge from merc, potentially I could corrupt them for +1. I'm not sure of the mechanics of the extra damage against enemies on low life. Would enemies start taking extra burn when they got to low life, and would that burn be therefore proliferated? This seems quite strong if it works that way, since I would only need one trash mob on low life for a lot of extra damage that is not reflected. I would use frenzy-lmp-chain-lgoh to keep up the charges permanently.

Planned passive tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAnEEswW1DPISaRRNFHEVIBccGYUabCP2JKoo-ipNLOkwcTB8NZI26TpCPAU-zz8nQYdG10p9SshLeFFHVvpZ81pIWlJdxmaeZ6BsFm6qcXlyqXRBd9d82X8rgseDOIPbh3aI8YuMjX2Nv5itm12drp_fogCly6cIqJqqf6q4rKq1BLXytz64k73mwBrGos5x1CPWitrd3Q3dqN-_4XPjauQi6hjr7u0g7g7vfO_w8B_yl_Pd9zL46_no-tL8S_zF_go=
IGN: FreHu (Ambush)
Last edited by JedenDolavaDole on Jul 16, 2014, 12:18:54 PM
"
Hi! I'm currently enjoying a build very similar to yours in the softcore 1 month league. I'm pretty survivable, even though I'm walking around with a tabula. Haven't got to high maps yet though.

I'd like your opinion on an idea I had, to make this build evasion-based. I would start as scion instead, get frenzy charges, acro and phase acro. I still get a lot of health, some damage and also the templar aoe nodes. I assume that since EA is considered projectile damage, it is evadable?

Another thing I thought of is blood dance boots. They would give me 6% regen with frenzy charge from merc, potentially I could corrupt them for +1. I'm not sure of the mechanics of the extra damage against enemies on low life. Would enemies start taking extra burn when they got to low life, and would that burn be therefore proliferated? This seems quite strong if it works that way, since I would only need one trash mob on low life for a lot of extra damage that is not reflected. I would use frenzy-lmp-chain-lgoh to keep up the charges permanently.

Planned passive tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAnEEswW1DPISaRRNFHEVIBccGYUabCP2JKoo-ipNLOkwcTB8NZI26TpCPAU-zz8nQYdG10p9SshLeFFHVvpZ81pIWlJdxmaeZ6BsFm6qcXlyqXRBd9d82X8rgseDOIPbh3aI8YuMjX2Nv5itm12drp_fogCly6cIqJqqf6q4rKq1BLXytz64k73mwBrGos5x1CPWitrd3Q3dqN-_4XPjauQi6hjr7u0g7g7vfO_w8B_yl_Pd9zL46_no-tL8S_zF_go=

I think that while the original damage is evadable, the explosion actually ISN'T. One way to test would be to take a high-evasion character into broken bridge on normal, pick up some EA charges from the adds there, and see if you ever dodge it. I think that the answer is that once the charge is on, you're guaranteed to take the explosion damage, and the same should go for reflect. Honestly don't know. Other than that, frenzy-GMP-chain-LGOH is a nice way to gain frenzy charges instead of my split arrow setup. Good luck!
Thank you for this nice build writeup. I'm a fairly new player and I traded for the bow and made sure I had most of the skill gems you listed.

Other than that, my marauder was/is pretty much ungeared. At the moment, he's level 20 and just picked up ExArrow. I was hesitant to level him up to this point using melee skills, so I had a look which kind of ranged options there are when using quill rain.

I found the combination of Anger and Standard Attack on Quill Rain pretty nice. There's extra damage from the fire nodes we are picking up for the exA. Mana is not a lot, and Split Arrow can only be used every now and then.

When I got Life on hit as a quest reward, I chose to try something else: Taking blood magic, just backed by warrior's blood and the Life on hit gem. My Split arrow costs 12 life, and generates 10 life per hit. Anger almost doubles its damage output. The total HP is only 187, but the automatic shotgun glass cannon has been a lot of fun through act2 norm, so far.

It was entertaining, but I don't recommend this leveling option for HC.
"
HatMatter wrote:
Thank you for this nice build writeup. I'm a fairly new player and I traded for the bow and made sure I had most of the skill gems you listed.

Other than that, my marauder was/is pretty much ungeared. At the moment, he's level 20 and just picked up ExArrow. I was hesitant to level him up to this point using melee skills, so I had a look which kind of ranged options there are when using quill rain.

I found the combination of Anger and Standard Attack on Quill Rain pretty nice. There's extra damage from the fire nodes we are picking up for the exA. Mana is not a lot, and Split Arrow can only be used every now and then.

When I got Life on hit as a quest reward, I chose to try something else: Taking blood magic, just backed by warrior's blood and the Life on hit gem. My Split arrow costs 12 life, and generates 10 life per hit. Anger almost doubles its damage output. The total HP is only 187, but the automatic shotgun glass cannon has been a lot of fun through act2 norm, so far.

It was entertaining, but I don't recommend this leveling option for HC.

Ya, that seems like a pretty dicey proposition, but if it works for you, all the better. My general suggestion would be to level to 27 with whatever two-handers you can find (vendor recipe for +% phys helps a lot here) + groundslam/leapslam and heavy strike, and then buy a Geofri's Maul which will EASILY last you until you can properly switch over to EA. (and should be one-shotting mobs for most of that time, even with minimal investment in passives.
Please point out if I did this wrong somehow; I've no e-peen about this and just wanna make this work.

Level 20 flammability lowers enemy resistance by 49 (let's just say 50) and Fire Pen runs it down another 36. So for a mob with 0 starting resist, EE is effectively improving your upfront damage by around 30% (rounding up to be generous since the Fire Pen only helps for application of burn) as it takes resists from -86 to -136. This 30% is factored again to ultimately increase the burn by 69%.

Before Carcass Jack / Kaom's Heart mods, the build has a total of 50% increased damage (42 fire and 8 area) and then 120% increased burning with gem, for a total of 170% increased modifiers for burns.

Another 50% increased fire/elemental damage would do about the same thing as EE then, increasing initial damage by 33% (150% to 200%), and the burn by 60% [(1.33 * ((270 + 50)/270)) ~= 1.6]; without adding the legwork of ensuring lightning/cold somewhere on jewelry/gloves and no fire while also allowing the split arrow to still be used for life, but not necessary to be used for damage. Also makes parties with cold/lightning casters in them not hate you.

All this to say, instead of the 4 points for EE, if you took the two int nodes between overcharge and elementalist to get to elemental adaptation juncture, instead of the two by Avatar of Fire, you could take Elementalist and those fire nodes for 36% increased. Can just trade the 4 for EE for Elementalist 4. It's not 50 but it's still 75% of what EE does without the playability issues.

Note for fire resistant mobs, curse immune mobs, and mobs scary enough that you need to defensively curse, EE is certainly better. But to make gearing easier, to not require split arrowing both before and after EAing, and to fit better in parties I don't think EE is that vital given how little Increased modifiers this build runs with otherwise.

Once (if) you acquire kaom's, the increased fire damage will easily push EE over this variant. Being someone that can buy kaom's also means the gearing woes regarding running EE should have already been dealt with though. Carcass Jack with only 12% increased damage is not as big a factor, but still worth mentioning. Even %fire damage on jewelry would have a sizeable impact on making EE better.
Last edited by TheRhythm on Jul 27, 2014, 5:37:31 AM
"
TheRhythm wrote:
But to make gearing easier, to not require split arrowing both before and after EAing, and to fit better in parties I don't think EE is that vital given how little Increased modifiers this build runs with otherwise.

A question along these lines from a newb: How skill/clicky-intensive is the correct application of EE with split arrow actually?

Currently I am fine with apply charges - curse - use totem. I can imagine that including Split arrow in this cycle would actually be a challenge for a new player who favores a not too hectic playstyle.
"
TheRhythm wrote:
Please point out if I did this wrong somehow; I've no e-peen about this and just wanna make this work....

Never actually sat down and tried to figure this out, but that's actually very interesting. I would say that, in practice, it's not really taxing to apply EE, and I generally group with other people who are helped, not hindered, by it. The further utility from from the split arrow with LGOH is also pretty huge, since we don't leech in any way, not to mention the benefit of blinding everything. I could certainly see your argument. (Of course in my case, with Kaom's and Doryani's belt, I have another 67% increased fire/burning, so the numbers don't quite work out.) It's also really nice for, as you say, highly resistant and curse immune mobs.

"
HatMatter wrote:
A question along these lines from a newb: How skill/clicky-intensive is the correct application of EE with split arrow actually?

Currently I am fine with apply charges - curse - use totem. I can imagine that including Split arrow in this cycle would actually be a challenge for a new player who favores a not too hectic playstyle.

Ultimately, this is basically my take. It's not actually harder for me. I have all three of EA - curse - split on mouse buttons, so it's easy to simply rotate between them. I would say this is probably not a particularly beginner-friendly build anyways, simply because it's so sensitive to reflect.
Last edited by Tweeety on Aug 1, 2014, 7:52:18 AM
Please update this with your new 1.2 skill tree :) would mean alot.
i was following Tweeety's build and after patch 1.2 i went with this biuld for my 78 lvl mara.
+30 dex and int i took cose i dont have enough on gear , and after patch i lost about 200hp.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL-8OwQRVtZ7NpzAUIFBHGJEUcd-_Aec26GSjGlVhIYTvdO1672BLBS3i6gHcpBkb-iXfhNllTRRSR35uab6n0k3AD9XtapO2QU4qKaX46-oY9zJyqXzZrKpZ88AaZp760jbpJKoWb-NqGmydrhJpGGUXHHF5kFWnhBo47Dg62E3YnjyBb4x2BLPwHwJxFE2iAHy48awpLho-VEnyL4M473ynCLiT6-4o-pitWK9GaYcp

from here its close to Thick Skin and Barbarism for more hp or Arsonist for more dps.
Last edited by miszczunio22 on Aug 22, 2014, 6:03:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info