Tweety Explosive Arrow Marauder - A new Tree for an Old-School Cheap Endgame Build (UPDATED 1.3)

"
Achilion wrote:
i just want to say EA at its current state is pretty useless. Other gems are so much better.

Thank you so much for your well-reasoned and insightful post. I particularly liked the in-depth analysis and the way that you actively engaged with the long, thorough guide that I wrote. Your input is appreciated.
Hardcore: TweetyAsplodeYou
Bloodlines: TweetyManMode
"
Lysithea wrote:
Worth mentioning is that you can easily transition into IIR as EA due to the nature of using a Quill rain. I ran a 410/50 ea iir guy back in domination with 77ares and ~6k life iirc. I've posted about the subject before:
Some answers and vids of typical IIR runs.
I calced the potential dps for EA a while back but things might have changed since then (for the better most probably) and now we got these corrupt modifiers too!

You might want to add a quick explanation to how the mechanics of EE works with EA since it's so good. Reduced res becoming More vs the usual Increased, the doubledipping and how the triggering works etc

As for scaling the build up, I'd look into if it'd be at all possible to run CI VP/Atz Gloves with a thicket +3bow+maxAS emp4 etc to eliminate the reflect issues the build has. Get some fire leech from gear/corrupts. Add some auras like grace haste and PoF. Maybe throw in aa there too. Dual curse with corrupted +additional curse neck? The potential for insane dps exists for sure the question is if it's worth it. EAs bottleneck has always been the nature of EA itself; it requires some time to set everything up. In that time other expensive builds would already have killed the pack and moved on.

ps. You should look into getting a 20/23 elew since it's more dps than flammability. I only used flammability while I was still lvling gems and such since I needed the ignite chance. Elew is also more versatile in groups!

There are definitely things you can do to amp up the damage with EA in general even further, but I don't for a couple reasons: First, I like a well-crafted build, but I don't particularly get into the super-intense min/max thing. Second, for a hardcore build, especially one with large self-cast AOE burst dmg, there is absolutely such a thing as "enough" damage. I could get some more damage nodes, but I don't really need them, and they just make reflect worse. I'd certainly be interested to see what someone else could do taking the skill to the limit, but that's not what this build is about.
The paragraph was in response to the poster before me but I completely agree, I'd much rather to some other build if I'd go the costly minmax route.
Would a +3 bow work for the build ?
IGN- Olive__
Cheap with kaoms and quill rain?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

kaoms not necessary, quill is like 2chaos? Stellar contribution.
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Since people repeatedly insist on posting this comment after not reading any of the guide and just going and looking my gear, I added a large bold disclaimer to that part of the thread.
"
Lysithea wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

it aint the same build without kaoms is it? it adds tons of hp, and since this is a hc build ....

Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jul 3, 2014, 8:17:20 AM
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
Lysithea wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

it aint the same build without kaoms is it? it adds tons of hp, and since this is a hc build ....

I have 7000 life without a chestpiece. If I put on a Carcass Jack, my damage would suffer some, but not greatly, I'd have better AOE, better armour, and ~7.3k life. Like I said in the guide Kaom's is pretty unambiguously best in slot, but that's true of many life-based builds.
Last edited by Tweeety on Jul 3, 2014, 8:28:45 AM
"
Tweeety wrote:
I have 7000 life without a chestpiece. If I put on a Carcass Jack, my damage would suffer some, but not greatly, I'd have better AOE, better armour, and ~7.3k life. Like I said in the guide Kaom's is pretty unambiguously best in slot, but that's true of many life-based builds.

you have 6800 hp with a 75 life carcass, not 7300. And 8500 hp with kaoms. Huge loss. Almost 2k.

Also a lot of your pieces are expensive, you say it yourself. Cheaper pieces would net even less hp.

A huge life buffer is very important for a non block build. And a non block hc build, which is what this is.

It is not a cheap build in order to be effective, and being effective is what ppl give a fuck about.
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jul 3, 2014, 1:37:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info