Mors' Marauder Mjölner build. (tentative 2.0 build up)

I think I'm better looking.

NOTE Only the build is updated, I plan on updating this guide when I get some free time in the next several weeks. Current WIP 2.0 build here

This build is expensive. I bought Mjolnir at 12 ex because I thought they would go down in price from 20-25ex. They are now 100ex + on invasion and probably going up in price until we find out if they are legacy or not.

So the point of this build is more to explain my thought process behind how I built this character.

I went in a different direction than I've seen other Mjolnir builds go, and on the off chance this gets changed into a legacy item, I wanted to save the build for posterity.

I have not played low life spectral throw Crown of Eyes, but I have played most other builds that have ever existed in PoE in one form or another. This is by far the strongest build I've ever played.

This is also some of the best gear I've ever accumulated.

Gear

The heart of the build, though it is just as essential to have..

The "skill" aegis, but in reality this shield synergizes with this build so exceptionally, I was finally compelled to make a build to use it. Though the shield does not proc the ES gain on block when you spell block reflect damage, its very easy to stand amongst mobs and let them hit you while hitting a reflect pack.

The 6L I think is very useful since it allows you to run multistrike + faster attacks.

One of the rarest and best corruptions you can get on an item. For some fun math.
This gives me 38% chance to block spells
The 4% increase in block chance, I go from 69% to 73%. This represents a 15% reduction in damage.

If you don't see why these are insane... look very closely. I hope my statement hasn't colored your analysis.

such an amazing item that drops off normal atziri. It turns the build into a shock machine.

I eternal exalted life on this, and if I could have purchased more eternals I'd have tried to get 80+ life. This helm is equivalent to most people's chests. Has winning MTX.

The one fire ring can be replaced but for now running grace this gives me the Dex I need, I also have exactly 300 int (which was planned from the beginning when I crafted the helm)

The flasks are my standard set up, that I run on every character with the exception of the Atziri flask in place of a quicksilver. The one weakness for this character is a lack of chaos resist, which ideally happen on a ring\chest\glove but I couldn't find any suitable pieces or craft any with chaos res. This flask allows me to reach -5% chaos res which is enough to handle any chaos damage in the game with my leech and Life Gain on Hit.

Passive Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAvryzP4LkT1aQER7fiq9KyG6qtfKpbjWSeA3YvQthvor-CnloAdy3PsEEhNnGrkGHXz8vzMS4R348LfnoFCB_4xo-wYLV-L02TP_E9oLH7w4x-37iTUZlTa9sxBU9Dyj6UEd5OWLsvqdo8iSL6-7kUenVhO8ZtPAfBjm4k5rgdO3K06IA-6qnCEWdeu8s6QSz8wYVUNgkU1IFLa-nFSDAZlFgNsVgS_aj0TYfAl4T73oJMwQHQKDTfuIsg9tMs8C_fXV4rlXGQkuplf66SO46WIXFDPcbrT3i376srw==

Made as a scion but easily adapted to Marauder.

I do a few things differently in my skill tree than most mjolnirs. I aimed to get as much armor as I possibly could. I have 22,595 armor without a granite up, and this means that any block replenishes my ES by 451 !!. I can face tank anything in the game (besides the chaos damage invasion boss, and that is only because I dont have one piece of gear with chaos resist like I normally would).

The build has incredible damage for everything but solitary, single mob high lightning resist single target damage. Even then, use of the Atziri flask renders most of them dead very quickly.

I have exactly 206 int on the tree and 94 int on gear. This is not an accident. Mjolnir requires 300 int.

Before I upgraded my ring to one with 49 str, and my gloves to ones with 30 str, I had exactly 412 strength as well.

This is the type of thing you do when you plan a build that costs ~200 exalts to play. If you don't find yourself doing this type of thing, remember that one mistake would wipe out your entire wealth in the game (in hardcore, which this build is meant for hardcore).

Gems+Links

Main
Spoiler

I feel as though most choices are self explanatory, I use lightning strike GMP + multistrike faster attacks to get as many monsters hit as quickly as possible with the chance to proc Mjolnir's on hit proc of the arcs

Inside Mjolnir
Spoiler

Though lightning penetration is a straight % damage increase, and is in general the best gem for all builds, this build have such high strength and low spell damage on gear and tree makes Iron Will roughly a 100%!!! increase in arc damage

Single Target
Spoiler

The only part of the build I might term "disapointing" is the single target damage. That said, if you can drag whatever resist mob you have a tough time to killing to another pack or another rare\unique they will both die nearly instantly.

Supports

Spoiler

I can't say enough about vaal haste, its up nearly all the time and turns me into a machine gun of arc death.

I run grace + determination.
Purity of Lightning = an obvious choice. Allows you to not even worry about elemental reflect.

Ele weakness for tough mobs and leap slam for movement.

Leveling

Spoiler
I leveled this build as a fire trapper\searing bond\flameblasting character. Using a 5L searing means you don't need to spec into any damage nodes you don't need to be able to clear all content until about level 75-80 when you can start using mjolnir.

If buying a 5L searing just to level with is a problem, probably the wrong build to be playing in the first place!
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Last edited by Morsexier on Jul 17, 2015, 4:29:39 AM
Hi. Nice build. Have couple questions for you:

1. What about using hybrid armour/es chest like saintly? Loses little armour but gains ES.

2. Is reflect maps playable? What about reflect pack in reflect map?

3. Have you tried Rathpith with light penetration? You think Aegis is better than that?

Thanks.
Sexy AF. How much strength is your character rocking Mors?
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Ever play Daoc ?
Nice build, I've been using something very, very similar for most of ambush league. Not having to use an astramentis/foible is what makes really helps this build excel.

Awesome build! Though I think Rathpith might be the better option. You'd obviously lose quite a bit of defence but your offence would raise massively, 'less you one shot anything already.
Any idea what an updated tree would look like for 1.2? I've been playing around with it and it still seems pretty solid.
I doubt there will be a lot of changes for the Build ^^
"
Ceratoidei wrote:
I doubt there will be a lot of changes for the Build ^^

Yeah it doesn't look like there's much change. Here's the build I came up with using the new skill calculator:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_8wbBBOOfoLR5aCcvC2HvDngNvJ9Yr6luvopGabXyAdw1kqQZ4urYvRv6YSH-CiXfhO-3PoTZXhPGrmVNG8jDhjwtFFJDMeeRxPZfykd-tkGsr8QVJ-3d0U4q_Eusql4fW68ppWwWcqlZ890Nhxl82cAakAr8xTqzkFVmnmegp4T60od2GjgXL37iHRQ26Up9ZOeAVo9GJKrjalXWT32boacIFm-ApFFg99cVUNrdna6smOcLOlgnYVXGBumD2_O-EQ9-r40Z4BLZX92M

I wasn't sure whether to take the +1 lightning res node or the +8 spellblock cluster, but both are close enough to pick up. Any room for improvement?
"
killthezerg wrote:

I wasn't sure whether to take the +1 lightning res node or the +8 spellblock cluster, but both are close enough to pick up. Any room for improvement?

It really would seem silly to not take the max lightning res when you have to worry about ele reflect all the time? But yeah, I think going for both makes sense.... We should probably just wait for Mors' verdict, it his own character.
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 15, 2014, 12:00:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info