[1.2.0] "Forcefield" - Flameblast - EB/MoM/Block - Atziri & Endgame Viable!

1%fire leech is corrupted anvil

Anyways, i made it to level 70 with this Build farming Piety right now.

The biggest Problem is HP. CLoak of Defiance and Rainbowstride are disgustingly expensive, and dont get me started about the globe(which nobody sells) and the weapon.

Anways, level 70 and about 3500 HP. This is a problem for people without good currency or good gear.

Spoiler

If you dont have spellblock, prepare for spikedamage. Also prepare for spikedamage in general, i am getting hit ALOT with 78% Block. The lifeleech from the anvil has no effect(yet).

You armor will be very low(think like 10 to max 20 reduce) and mapping WITHOUT Cloak and MoM is asking for it immo. So you gotta farm Piety for currency, then get your hands on a Cloak, then start mapping. 6 out of 10 Hits will still hit you, maybe 5 out of 10 and you need MoM for these hits.

Also, my current skilltree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB34rpAv6zVyu9gm0ZCPTAVLzqakOX9FJTPV-XlUyzBAcfAjbF2CSnCBVQna4abBZvJKo26eNq-tJ-4oBWT31RYKmVEmkXHHF5GGXnCydhBunzvi0flSDB84Ie2wuio3_GEZYOSF3ynWPljqSxjDZVS2HiJpXjhDY9napsjGKstMUegUuN

I really like this Build. I like the survivability of it, but the RNG of block can be annoying. The only real danger later are spells, since they are not blocked and need to be Tanked from your HP pool.
So get sure to have the required Uniques before trying anything dangerous.

EDIT:

After aquiring Cloak of Defiance and Rainbowstrides, survivability goat a noticable boost. I think if anyone manages to get his hands on the Globe and Atziri weapon, this build is almost immortal.
Last edited by katjezz on Aug 27, 2014, 9:43:34 AM
So in late game whitch masters are good??

Thx.
Is OP still visiting this thread?

How would work Stone of Lazhwar to get spellblock up early?
"
katjezz wrote:
Is OP still visiting this thread?

How would work Stone of Lazhwar to get spellblock up early?

I'm sorry for not coming here very often but it's just been so hard to not play the game now that there's been a new mini expansion and league reset. I did take a 1 month break so I really wanted to get back to playing.

Stone of Lazhwar is a great amulet so it would definitely be a good item to pick up if you can't yet afford the other uniques. I've found that spell block is less important than it was in the Invasion league but it's still a stat that you want.

"
Drison wrote:
Anyone have a clue on what masters i should be going after?

I picked Elreon and Haku because those two give you the best options for crafting defense. Zana is a no-brainer once you get to maps. For all other crafting you could always ask around and have someone craft for you.

"
lazycalm2 wrote:
Hi Redox.
First of all,good job. Your build looks very fun to play and the videos are entertaining.

I am quite new to Flameblast, and I see that your build focuses a lot on defense. Is this build HC oriented?

If so, could you tell me what would you change for SC, including skilltree, gear and gem setup?
I would be eternally grateful.

Keep up the good work!

It's definitely a HC build and it doesn't leave much room to drop defense for offense as the build relies on everything working together to make it viable. Play the build as it is and then drop life for damage if you feel like you don't need it. Any change I would make would be to make sure you have one or two 20% quality Adrenaline (20-30% movement speed) Quicksilver flasks and the flask nodes ready for when you equip The Anvil. Gotta go fast to be able to compete with the crazy builds people pull off in standard leagues.

"
MuFeR wrote:
Alright so I calculated it for you, for all the mentioned gems (not counting lvl 21 corruptions), you need an extra 77STR and 54DEX on gear. With a heavy belt and the ability to add stats with masters it shouldn't be that hard. And yes you can craft 1% fire leech but that's on weapon slot only so it will just help before you can get the doryani

Thanks a lot! The masters did make reaching the stat goals easier but I think the biggest change was the free resists you get from the passive tree. It's now possible to cap your resists with much cheaper gear and that leaves more room for dex/str.

Here's a quick update on my gear in the Beyond league:

I used to have my AA in the weapon to make use of that +2 cold gems but right now I'm testing to see how much of a difference the blind nerf made. Even though it's a shame to waste the free levels it would also be a waste not to make use of the empty green socket in my Cloak of Defiance.

I was supposed to make the switch from Chance to Ignite to Increased Burning Damage but I ran out of chromatic orbs and put in a Faster Casting gem instead.

I also found this earlier today! After 2000 hours of playing I can finally cross that off my list. I don't yet know what I'll spend the currency on but right now I'm thinking it's either going to be a 6l or a Doryani's Catalyst.
Last edited by Redoxe on Aug 28, 2014, 2:27:48 AM
How much HP do you currently have?

I sitting at 3200 which feels enough for below 70 maps but certainly dangerously low. Someties certain mobs like whipping miscreation manage to hit me multiple times in a row, dropping my HP instantly to 10-20%.

My gear:
Spoiler

I have yet no idea how to get the globe, too. My RNG is superbad, i have not found any unique since level 40...
"
katjezz wrote:

I sitting at 3200 which feels enough for below 70 maps but certainly dangerously low. Someties certain mobs like whipping miscreation manage to hit me multiple times in a row, dropping my HP instantly to 10-20%.

My gear:
Spoiler

I have yet no idea how to get the globe, too. My RNG is superbad, i have not found any unique since level 40...

I've got 4550 life and 1189 unreserved mana. I picked up some extra life nodes early on and haven't respecced out of them yet. Your gear looks fine so maybe you just need a couple of levels and some more life nodes to get to a more comfortable amount of life.

"
Redoxe wrote:
"
katjezz wrote:

My gear:
Spoiler

I've got 4550 life and 1189 unreserved mana. I picked up some extra life nodes early on and haven't respecced out of them yet. Your gear looks fine so maybe you just need a couple of levels and some more life nodes to get to a more comfortable amount of life.

Yeah level 76 right now, this is my tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB34rpAv6zVyu9gm0ZCPTAVLzqakOX9FJTl5U9X0yzKw1CS4XF374EB4PbVcY6WOvkXyqsmPFsIbA095eFLpQ22EkbKo3sVS0flSDB84Ie2wuio3_GEZYOSOOENj2dqmyMYqy0xR6BS43_HF3ynWPljqSxjDZVS2HiJpUfAjbF2CSnCBVQna4SaRhlFxxxeRpsFm8kqjbp42r60n7igFZPfVFgqZXnCydhBunzvkVHRX4OXGr6

Will take some more levels to get the HP nodes in the templar area
Last edited by katjezz on Aug 28, 2014, 9:01:45 AM
Does anyone know if I buy a legacy rainbowstride (those that got 8% all resist instead of 20%) and then use a divine if it will automatically upgrade? Atm in permanent hardcore buying a 25% spell block, 20% all resist rainbowstride costs just as much as buying a 8% rainbowstride and 9 divines. It's 1/5 to hit 25% spell block and if it upgrades the all resist value i'm sure it's worth it.

Edit: Nevermind, I just had some 25% rainbowstrides drop, my lucky day I guess.
Last edited by MuFeR on Aug 29, 2014, 1:52:42 PM
Man getting a rathpith globe on Beyond is literally impossible.

I am level 80 now and only find absolutely trash items in level 70+ maps like leveling uniques.

Im really wondering how to get my hands on a globe...there are like only 6 beeing sold with extremely lowrolls and still 3-4ex+....
Hey Redoxe, I'd like your opinion on what I should upgrade, worked my way to lvl 81 and it's working great so far. Pretty much the only pieces I need a real upgrade are weapon-chest-(amulet?).

I don't know if doryani is even a good choice anymore because lvl 6 catarina can add 1% fire dmg leeched as life so I believe getting a sceptre-wand with just as much spell+fire dmg and even more cast speed than doryani is way cheaper and then add the leech for 4c. On amulet only thing missing is the corruption, there aren't any for sale with fire leech so either I leave it as it is or try to selfcraft. And last the chest it's pretty much all about the sockets.
Last edited by MuFeR on Aug 30, 2014, 5:47:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info