Weekend Stash Tab Bundle Sales!

if remove-only tabs were regularly deleted you'd just have shitloads of pissed off players asking why their items were deleted.
"
Veruski wrote:
if remove-only tabs were regularly deleted you'd just have shitloads of pissed off players asking why their items were deleted.

Then move the damn items when you finish a race or when a league moves to another.
"
"
Veruski wrote:

Then move the damn items when you finish a race or when a league moves to another.

doesn't cut it

"item rot" is shit. doesn't belong in poe

and really, has nothing to do with this discussion.

Storage is dirt cheap. i'd love for GGG to speak up about their storage costs. companies like CCP Games (EVE Online) is incredibly up-front with the community about their hardware costs.

GGG should be up-front with it as well.

silently giving you less for your money (upgrading tabs instead of getting new tabs), is not the correct solution.

FYI, a simple google search shows that storage is down to less than $0.05 (5 cents) per gigabyte....so somehow I don't think this is just about item storage fees.
Last edited by Veruski on Jun 22, 2014, 9:57:45 AM
The thing is that I can completely agree with that logic, peachii. Really, every point you make (maybe not the server-load of it, but I won't go into that).
But this has to be advertised, as this is not how it was before.
And that's where my problem is. It's not fair as it is being done atm.

The fact that the ones that are transformed, are picked at random doesn't help either. On a sidenote: What if it picks one of those Race Reward tabs, those are Remove-Only..

How about this:

You buy a Premium stash tab: You get 6 MT (in your MTtab), you rightclick them to add the tabs to your stash, like a skillbook...
You buy Premium upgrades: You get 6 MT in your MTtab, righclick them, and leftclick the tab you want to upgrade
... You get the idea. This makes it less random.

Why not add a time on the Remove-Only tabs in stead of saying Remove-Only it says (30 days left).

There's lots of possibilities. But changing this system without notifying people of it is wrong. GGG and it's fans love their transparancy and fairness. I think they slipped up with this.

I am pretty sure converting remove only tabs is something that has been asked a lot on the forums. I don't get why you would be against it considering how painful it is to move items.
"
kamoa wrote:

I am pretty sure converting remove only tabs is something that has been asked a lot on the forums. I don't get why you would be against it considering how painful it is to move items.

They want free stash tabs they dont have to pay for.
"
kamoa wrote:

I'm not against the idea, but that's not what I bought...

I bought:
"Adds six extra premium tabs to your shared stash (at a discounted price). Premium tabs can have their name and colour changed whenever you want."

I didn't pay $20 for my remove-only tabs to be changed to Premiums. Sure, it's handy and much requested. But that's a whole other MTX. Or at least it should be. But I wouldn't pay $20 for that.
"
DJ_Anubis wrote:
"
kamoa wrote:

I'm not against the idea, but that's not what I bought...

I bought:
"Adds six extra premium tabs to your shared stash (at a discounted price). Premium tabs can have their name and colour changed whenever you want."

I didn't pay $20 for my remove-only tabs to be changed to Premiums. Sure, it's handy and much requested. But that's a whole other MTX. Or at least it should be. But I wouldn't pay $20 for that.

Well, you got your premium tabs. There is no ethical conflict here. Remove only or fresh tabs, either way, you got premium tabs. Good thing, you dont have to move items into them, if i were you i would be happy.
@Dirk, there's a separate MTX to upgrade regular tabs to premium tabs.

They are significantly discounted.

It is obviously a conflict/deceptive to sell Premiums (as opposed to the upgrade) and then go ahead and upgrade people's tabs anyway instead of giving them new ones.

"Upgrade an existing tab in your shared stash to a premium tab. Premium tabs can have their name and colour changed whenever you want."

vs.

"Add an extra premium tab to your shared stash. Premium tabs can have their name and colour changed whenever you want."

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if the whole situation is just a bug. It seems like people are purchasing the extra premium tabs, and getting the upgrade tabs instead (which cost 50% less).
Last edited by Veruski on Jun 22, 2014, 11:20:46 AM
Which is exactly why I think this is a bug and GGG didn't do it on purpose but now that it is happening I HOPE AND PRAY they keep it. It makes sense.

I understand why people are getting upset, believe me I see where you are coming from but the line has to be somewhere and as far as Remove Only tabs go, I've thought for a very, very long time - since they started them that the potential to abuse it was just to high. They need an expiration date. End of Story. People start with 4 stash tabs, that's all they are guaranteed until you pay for more. They aren't guaranteed 4 stash tabs and then 16 Remove Only Tabs to abuse the stash limit without purchasing. As far as GGG should be concerned Remove Only Tabs are something they do a courtesy to get your gear TO YOUR STASH TABS, you don't own Remove Only Tabs, they aren't yours. You didn't pay for them. Once you pay for more stash tabs they become yours to use as normal. I don't see why people are having an issue with this. GGG has NEVER stated Remove Only tabs are yours to keep forever just to exploit the number of tabs you can have.

Do I think GGG purposely put this in and didn't tell us? NO. I think it's an unintended bug they will be tracking down even as we talk about it. IF they come back and say yeah we did this, I will be more than hugely surprised. GGG tells people when they do things - Good or Bad they take the heat and the hit when people don't like a change they make. Support had zero clue what I was talking about when I emailed them about this early this week. So either someone, somewhere forgot to tell everyone they made this change or something they changed in the code caused this to be handled differently. Maybe they can change it back and maybe they can't.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Jun 22, 2014, 11:28:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info