Speedy Puncture + Pierce Split Arrow / Reflect Safe or Glass Cannon / Level 100 & Uber Atziri Farmer

It's very unlikely that you'd regal a useful third mod. Just think of the sheer number of affix's available, and you really only want one of three of them. Then factor in, you don't just want one of the three mods, you want them in quantity higher then you can get master crafting, which further decreases the odds. Basically, the odds are very low.

The bigger problem you face is, if you regal a useless prefix it's completely ruined anyway. If you regal a useless suffix, you could continue the crafting adding flat phys and phys damage % and the bow won't be horrible. Likely could sell it for a few EX's.

But honestly, the reason people don't use eternals on blue items is because even if you do roll 2 perfect T1 mods, the odds of getting what you want after only 1 regal are still very low. You'll almost definitely regal something shitty, and then what? Eternal it again? And again? How many eternals are you willing to waste for a good regal'd mod?

So far I've regal'd three times on T1 flat phys / T1 crit chance and none of them worked out. I'm glad I didn't eternal because that's three eternals and I'd still be facing bad odds of it working out. How many would it cost to get what I want?

To me the bow crafting process has two options:

1) ALT a single T1 mod you need, then regal. If you get lucky and regal one of the five useful mods, master craft the remaining three and you have yourself a nice bow, usually around 350 pDPS. Again though, FAR easier said than done.

2) ALT two of the five mods you need, then regal. If you regal something good, then you've got a really good bow. Better than what's available after regal'ing after just 1 mod. But the odds here go way down you will regal one of the useful mods.

Either way, no eternals on blue items. Just my opinion...
Last edited by VixTrader on Oct 8, 2014, 1:06:32 AM
That's what I was thinking actually.
I'm happy with my current bow which I regaled the faster attack speed after the phys single mod.
I ended up just regal/scouring the roll I got. Will keep pumping alts as I find the currency. Shit is fun and addictive.
"
Champlain wrote:
I'm happy with my current bow which I regaled the faster attack speed after the phys single mod.
I ended up just regal/scouring the roll I got. Will keep pumping alts as I find the currency. Shit is fun and addictive.

Yeah it's definitely addictive, especially if you've already made a good one. It kind of fools you into thinking it can be done again. I got a good one in the past and now I'm hooked. I keep a bow in my chest to throw ALTS at every now and then.

But the thing you realize after dumping mass currency into it and getting nothing is, there's a reason good bows cost many EX's. Crafting a good one isn't nearly as easy as it sounds...
HA ! I take it back, it's not that hard after all. After 1080 ALTS and 9 Regals, I got this beauty !

"
VixTrader wrote:
"
Champlain wrote:

Yeah it's definitely addictive, especially if you've already made a good one. It kind of fools you into thinking it can be done again. I got a good one in the past and now I'm hooked. I keep a bow in my chest to throw ALTS at every now and then.

But the thing you realize after dumping mass currency into it and getting nothing is, there's a reason good bows cost many EX's. Crafting a good one isn't nearly as easy as it sounds...

Use rustic sash recipe to reroll 48% crit chance to 50%. (Edit: too late)

Btw if you want to roll tyrannical and either of max crit damage, chance or IAS you will need around 26K alteration.

If you want best possible bow, it would cost another 500 regals, 1500 exalts and 2000 ethernals. (If you use forsaken master to improve your chance by crafting yunk prefix to improve Emperor ods. And removing it afterwards. Otherwise another 200 exalts and ethernals)
I can't even believe I got this... I paid 10 EX for a 6L harbinger with ilvl 76. Was thinking, ok it can't get flaring, but it can get everything else so why not give it a shot?

put about 5 EX into it and boom !

Not to be too picky, but that 397 max damage will piss me off forever. But the damage rolls are pretty good already so it's not like I'm going to dump a bunch of divines to go for 400. Ah well...

Crafting is SOOOO addictive.
Last edited by VixTrader on Oct 8, 2014, 3:30:01 PM
Hello guys! I started this build like 4 weeks ago in rampage, after being ass raped on my crit discharger. Lvling this ranger was incredibly fun, so i got it to 91 in no time. In time i got lucky 6Linking a chin sol (i have to say i tested the chin sol build too, but i did a respect back to this one) traded that bow + a kaom for shav, and later i sold the shav and bought my bow. At the moment i`m farming atziri like a mad man to buy eternals / exalts and try my luck on the bow, and hope for a nice phys flat roll. Meanwhile (farming atziri) i came across 3 mortal hopes and im curious what are the odds to finish the entire alluring abis with my gear. Also, what are the odds to improve my bow with orbs? (now i have only 12 eternals, 7 exalts, a lvl 4 enhance (which i want to sell) and im farming for more)

Gear

Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4DHgW1BfkGIwguCIkKmxa_GY4fQSF2Iuoj9iT9JpUqCypbMHwx-jIBMpQ2PTnUOrNKfU2SUUdS7FVLVvpbr11oYeJirGegaoxsjG1sb_JwUnDVcaF293fXeOt9dX8CfyuCXobOh3aJ04wLjDaNfY2_j0-QCpUFmvGbJpuNnaqgn6Gkotmm4Kc0r-uw2LEwshm0xbUItUi5fLvjwJzBM8LsxKLIFMqpz3rTftQj1orZxt0N4dvjhOcK51To1usU7LDtg-968-r1b_zF_rr-yP_e

Edit:
Split arrow dps with charges is 56k
Puncture with charges is 83k
Chance to evade 48% no grace.
Last edited by remenyic on Oct 8, 2014, 3:40:23 PM
You're damage won't be a problem, so I'd say at this point it's entirely about your ability to avoid getting hit. Since you've farmed regular Atziri for so long you're probably pretty good at it by now. I'd say you can quite easily finish it, maybe with no deaths if you stay on your toes...

Interesting that you didn't take Profane Chemistry. What's your life at?

Also, just my opinion, but you'd be wasting your currency on trying to roll phys on that bow. The odds say you'll run out of eternals LONG before you roll a flat phys better than the one that's already on there. Just be happy you have an insane bow as is :)
Last edited by VixTrader on Oct 8, 2014, 3:53:51 PM
My life is at 3.986 without profane chemistry, but probably i will respec for it, and drop the phys points at shadow start and 1 crit point above assassination. Is this the best way to take it? by dropping those?

Also, when i started atziri i wasted like 15 sets just to learn how to move and avoid being hit, now i can finish the entire apex deathless and stuff, but when i comes to uber, well i just cant afford those 15 sets to learn again, is there anything new i should know ?
Last edited by remenyic on Oct 8, 2014, 4:39:20 PM
"
VixTrader wrote:
HA ! I take it back, it's not that hard after all. After 1080 ALTS and 9 Regals, I got this beauty !

I envy you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info