Speedy Puncture + Pierce Split Arrow / Reflect Safe or Glass Cannon / Level 100 & Uber Atziri Farmer

If you're going to be crafting a bow, you really should use an iLvl 77 or above Harbinger bow. To get the tyrannical mod it has to be 77. For all other good mods I believe 73 is high enough, but why not just give yourself that small chance to roll the very best right?

"
I also wondered if anyone had considered belly of the beast with atziris acuity

For a person who could actually afford Atziri gloves, there are far better choices available.
Thanks for your reply Vixtrader I will try to find one in the 1 palace map i have, about belly I know its not a great chest but now with all the % modifiers nerfed on passives it gives only a 1000 less health on a righteous fire build then a 500 health Koams heart. Since koams and acuity = close to immortality for this build I just wondered if it could be a lesser immortality:) But i guess the multipliers just wouldnt be the same as rf which has so much % on the tree and health on gear.
Last edited by Fhark on Sep 23, 2014, 6:31:15 AM
"
Precaso wrote:
"
_Elminister_ wrote:
Does this build have low damage for levelling or is it just me? Unless I crit, I need like 3-4 split shots to kill skeletons and similar mobs. Magic and rares take way too long. My tooltop dps is ~900. Very low. Using Pierce - Added Fire Damage - increased crit dmg. I've tried adding Projectile dmg, but it barely increases my dps.

Leveling with crit is funky, which is why I recommend leveling without crit and just scale base damage early on. Crit is only very powerful when you have a lot of chance and multi, if your balance is off it won't be very good.

It could also just be your bow. Make sure your pick up the highest level white bow you can equip, do the alched whetstone recipe on it for 70%+ ipd, and then maybe regal it and add flat on it with a master. That should create a really solid damage bow for your level

This - Bow builds are incredibly sensitive to how good the weapon is (even more so when you transition into crit - it's all about the scaling), and for a smooth levelling experience you really need to upgrade as new tiers become available.
I just stashed rustic stashes for the IPD recipe, and rolled bows as they started dropping - I just stuck with blues in the main until I got to level 53 and rolled myself a decimation bow with a regal and master crafting.
A testament to the versatility of this build. I just completed this map

Used Haste instead of Hatred to combat ele reflect and make temporal chains more bearable, and switched out all my pots for health and mana pots and played it old school. Was pretty fun :)

Last edited by VixTrader on Sep 23, 2014, 8:59:59 AM
"
VixTrader wrote:
A testament to the versatility of this build. I just completed this map

Used Haste instead of Hatred to combat ele reflect and make temporal chains more bearable, and switched out all my pots for health and mana pots and played it old school. Was pretty fun :)

Urgh - I hope it dropped some good stuff!
I CAN run reflect maps, but unless the other mods are good I will re-roll as it can be a bit painful.
I've been doing a lot of thinking about reflect, and realized if you hit 35,000-40,000 evasion, you'd be effectively reflect immune. Not sure how to get all that evasion though
Ele reflect is easy, just don't use hatred.

Phys reflect is a bit tougher, but as long as you don't shoot into a massive group and hit like 10 monsters at the same time, immortal call goes off before you can kill yourself and then you have a few seconds to shoot freely and kill the mob.

I don't have atziri gloves or vaal pact and I can do double reflect, so it's really not an issue as long as you're careful.
how do u get 5 Power charges on ur 1.2 Pictures ?
I think I stated this under the passive tree bit, but if you can't get mana leech on gear (like me) then you have to take the mind drinker passive for 3 points. If you take that, then it's worth spending 2 points on the power charge, which is what I've done. Trying to get a good ring with mana leech currently so I can take off those 5 nodes for better ones.
If you guys could choose, would you rather be able to use haste or have phase acro? I'm farming atziri and cant have both.
The pros with haste is speed (yay) but at the same time i cant cast assasins mark because it takes up to much mana with hatred and HoA.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info