Speedy Puncture + Pierce Split Arrow / Reflect Safe or Glass Cannon / Level 100 & Uber Atziri Farmer

Hi im still thinking of respeccing my 85 shadow from ele buzz (ive levelled a ranger to 61) and looking at Precaso's optimized 1.2 tree it looks viable. One question I have a 6l lightning coil i would like to use. Has anyone run off blood magic? with the charisma keystone hatred, haste and purity of lightning would fit perfectly(160 total mana). The other option at least in the short term would be to grab mind drinker and run herald of ash, herald of ice, purity of lightning and hatred (150 total mana). This might work out with the added total mana of mind drinker and heading up there isnt bad for the power charge as i grabbed an extra passive with the merciless bandits. Its a fun build and now all my other toons feel so slow:}
Last edited by Fhark on Sep 19, 2014, 3:10:01 AM
Questions about the new bow I crafted, here it is:

1) Is it worth 6 linking?

2) Is it worth throwing a few divines at it to see how good it can get?

It's currently 347 eDPS. It seems it could get as high as 400 eDPS with maximum rolls all around, but it could also go as low as 323 eDPS with all minimum rolls. 361 being right in the middle.

The price gap between 323 and 400 is absolutely massive. Seems it might be worth a few divines to see if I can get it in the higher end of it's range.

Last edited by VixTrader on Sep 19, 2014, 4:36:02 AM
"
Fhark wrote:
Hi im still thinking of respeccing my 85 shadow from ele buzz (ive levelled a ranger to 61) and looking at Precaso's optimized 1.2 tree it looks viable. One question I have a 6l lightning coil i would like to use. Has anyone run off blood magic? with the charisma keystone hatred, haste and purity of lightning would fit perfectly(160 total mana). The other option at least in the short term would be to grab mind drinker and run herald of ash, herald of ice, purity of lightning and hatred (150 total mana). This might work out with the added total mana of mind drinker and heading up there isnt bad for the power charge as i grabbed an extra passive with the merciless bandits. Its a fun build and now all my other toons feel so slow:}

could work, more tanky but less damage.

Honestly I think lightning coil would work without purity of lightning, and then get mana leech on gear or passive which saves up a whole gem slot

"
VixTrader wrote:

It's currently 347 eDPS. It seems it could get as high as 400 eDPS with maximum rolls all around, but it could also go as low as 323 eDPS with all minimum rolls. 361 being right in the middle.

The price gap between 323 and 400 is absolutely massive. Seems it might be worth a few divines to see if I can get it in the higher end of it's range.

yes and yes, also you'll want to blessed orb it higher
Thanks for the quick reply, yeah I think I might do it and then try and drop purity at a later time, right now with the uniques and my gear i couldnt cap my resists and at present im low on currency. Thanks again.
"
Fhark wrote:

Thing is though, as long as you have a decent CWDT / Immortal Call set up, physical damage isn't really a threat to the build so Lightning coil does seem like overkill. Especially because chest piece is so important to the build for high evasion and really good resists. You lose both with light coil, and you don't even need the physical damage mitigation anyway.

Just my 0.02$, but I'd stick with high evasion armor, with the only other option being Kaom's if you can afford it.
"
VixTrader wrote:
"
Fhark wrote:

Thing is though, as long as you have a decent CWDT / Immortal Call set up, physical damage isn't really a threat to the build so Lightning coil does seem like overkill. Especially because chest piece is so important to the build for high evasion and really good resists. You lose both with light coil, and you don't even need the physical damage mitigation anyway.

Just my 0.02$, but I'd stick with high evasion armor, with the only other option being Kaom's if you can afford it.

This is an incredible point

immortal call normally makes you immune to phys damage, but with lightning coil it won't and you will still take damage.

another thing a lot of people don't realize is that the "Assassin's Garb" base type gives more than 3% movement speed. Assassin's Garb also has no movement speed penalty, so going from a zodiac or lightning coil for example will give you 6-7% movement speed, not 3%.
Last edited by Precaso on Sep 19, 2014, 5:42:23 AM
"
another thing a lot of people don't realize is that the "Assassin's Garb" base type gives more than 3% movement speed. Assassin's Garb also has no movement speed penalty, so going from a zodiac or lightning coil for example will give you 6-7% movement speed, not 3%.

I didn't know that. I thought all pure evasion armors had a 4% penalty, and all other armors had a 8% penalty. Is it only assassin garb that has none?
As far as I remember the only ones without movement speed penalties are assassin's garbs and glorious plates, which is another reason why I like Kaom's Heart a bunch on this build (but not so much in 1.2).

And I think they changed movement speed penalties to dex armors giving 3% penalty, and others giving 4% or 5% penalty.

edit: this page tells you: http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/armour

it seems that any piece that gives armor and doesn't give evasion has -5%, and all others give -3%, except assassins garbs and glorious plates giving none
Last edited by Precaso on Sep 19, 2014, 6:26:47 AM
"
VixTrader wrote:

Are you sure about your calculations? Could it really go up that much?
I guess the biggest jump would be from improving the attack speed roll - but that always seems like 'fake' dps for this build, how often do you fire enough shots off in a fixed period of time to make it matter? Attack speed is nice of course, but it can be misleading.

I've been tempted to divine my bow, but the reward even for perfect rolls isn't really worth it, especially with the current price of divines.

Am better keeping the one I have got for trying to craft another (I've got a 6s bow that appears to be cursed - can't get a decent alt roll, or link it!)
"
Carlovski wrote:
"
VixTrader wrote:

Are you sure about your calculations? Could it really go up that much?
I guess the biggest jump would be from improving the attack speed roll - but that always seems like 'fake' dps for this build, how often do you fire enough shots off in a fixed period of time to make it matter? Attack speed is nice of course, but it can be misleading.

I've been tempted to divine my bow, but the reward even for perfect rolls isn't really worth it, especially with the current price of divines.

Am better keeping the one I have got for trying to craft another (I've got a 6s bow that appears to be cursed - can't get a decent alt roll, or link it!)

Pretty sure yeah.

Current:

115% - could go to 129%
42% - could go to 49%
7% ias - could go to 13%

An extra 21% phys with an extra 6% ias makes quite a big difference in overall eDPS. When I get my hands on a few divines, I'll post back with the results. I'm not going to try for anything near perfect, but right now it's bottom 1/3 of it's range. I want something in the top 1/3 and I'll be happy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info