Snapshotting

"
Krayken wrote:
Kaoms AND 1h/shield setup? That's like completely negating the major drawback of a kaom.

At the cost of large links. RF doesn't need large links to do damage. I -do- think RF was designed to deal damage, but there just weren't the tools for it for a long time. Rise of the Phoenix is a supporter unique after all.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

Nope.

I can't snapshot a main attack skill like dual strike.

you might be able to. i don't know about attacks... but you can have a curse on weapon/shield slot 1. cast. hit the x key to use your other equipped weapon/shield. use a different attack/spell/etc....

wouldn't surprise me if there were attack skills that worked similarly. i didn't even realize this was snapshotting until this thread.

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Summoners can snapshot their main attack skill.

zombies are the primary attack skill, not spectres.

also, the SKILL can't be snapshotted. the RS gem will need to remain on the character. it's supports that are snapshotted, in RS's case.

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Stop getting so hyped up if you can't handle it. There's no need to write much if you know what to say.

...there's also no need to limit/censor yourself, if you have something to say.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
I'm sure this might have already been stated, but I don't have the time to read through the 50 pages.

A thought on the summoner scenario (if it hasn't been stated).

I get why snapshotting with something like a Tabula with multiple unequipping of gems and what not being something that needs to be fixed. Makes perfect sense that that shouldn't be happening.

However, having something like a Mon'tregul's in your main hand, summoning those zombie, hitting x to swap to a different weapon, and summoning other zombies... I don't necessarily see why this is a bad thing.

Is it possible to fix the snapshotting of actually taking gems out of socket without effecting the hitting x to swap weapons?

I think if you allowed summoners to summon with different weapons and apply different bonuses that way, it would require less balancing. Yes fix the other snapshotting... but x swapping weapons actually makes sense. And if someone actually takes the weapon off entirely? Then have the summons despawn. Seems like the most viable way to handle this. Same for totems/curses/duration skills. It just makes sense to "Swap" your gear for different purposes. The purpose of a summoner swapping is to utilize different summons right?

Or is it possible that that would provide coding difficulties? I really don't know.

Anyways, just a suggestion. Still think it's a great idea to get rid of snapshotting.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

Nope.

I can't snapshot a main attack skill like dual strike. Summoners can snapshot their main attack skill.

Stop getting so hyped up if you can't handle it. There's no need to write much if you know what to say.

well first of all! - every attacke gem - even dual strike gets at the moment an advantage from snappshotting/ absuing / whatever... if ur just not able enough to do it, its your fault!

if u did not know about it- its your fault! u dunno whats going on and reduce snapshotting only on summoners! and as i mentioned earlier! im totally fine with it when it gets removed! (i mean 7 or 8link zombies wtf.... and yes i wrote it again!)- its just, as i mentioned earlier! buff the other classes to that also need a buff!

and btw... where is your "source" that only summoners snapshot?! have u even played the game yet?! - thats no troll question! im rly serious about that!

"
Kajakfaucon wrote:
I'm sure this might have already been stated, but I don't have the time to read through the 50 pages.

A thought on the summoner scenario (if it hasn't been stated).

I get why snapshotting with something like a Tabula with multiple unequipping of gems and what not being something that needs to be fixed. Makes perfect sense that that shouldn't be happening.

However, having something like a Mon'tregul's in your main hand, summoning those zombie, hitting x to swap to a different weapon, and summoning other zombies... I don't necessarily see why this is a bad thing.

Is it possible to fix the snapshotting of actually taking gems out of socket without effecting the hitting x to swap weapons?

I think if you allowed summoners to summon with different weapons and apply different bonuses that way, it would require less balancing. Yes fix the other snapshotting... but x swapping weapons actually makes sense. And if someone actually takes the weapon off entirely? Then have the summons despawn. Seems like the most viable way to handle this. Same for totems/curses/duration skills. It just makes sense to "Swap" your gear for different purposes. The purpose of a summoner swapping is to utilize different summons right?

Or is it possible that that would provide coding difficulties? I really don't know.

Anyways, just a suggestion. Still think it's a great idea to get rid of snapshotting.

Mark basically said that this is still snapshotting and will be fixed as well. Skills in secondary weapon slots will not apply to characters, just as the modifiers on those secondary weapons do not apply to characters.
"
crinaya wrote:

Mark basically said that this is still snapshotting and will be fixed as well.

obviously. that's why kaja just mentioned it?

"
crinaya wrote:
Skills in secondary weapon slots will not apply to characters, just as the modifiers on those secondary weapons do not apply to characters.

minions =/= characters.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

"
SaiyanZ wrote:

If you can't get that then just reread everything I have said until you do.

your unsupported point won't magically become valid with repetition.

a raise spectre isn't an attack. and no matter how many times you post, it will still never be an attack.
[Removed by Support]

"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
Taudlitz wrote:

"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:

That might be OK for most people, I could get 8k life with a carcass jack, but I would want to be wearing kaoms, or a much better rare chest at the very least. They wanted to fix snapshotting so people didn't have to mess about with unique's to make things work, and RF barely works without carcass jack, you was pretty much forced to use it, so after fixing it you shouldn't have to use it anymore.

as I see it, its simple, you want your RF with more AoE? Choices are Carcass jack, divinarius, AoE passives, increased AoE gem. More HP? Kaoms. More resist? Rare chest. You are not forced to mess with uniques, you just need to make choice and stick to it for as long as you feel it ok.

RF already gets templar AoE nodes, and getting a 20 quality inc aoe isn't a priority in the first couple of weeks of a new league, and even with those the carcass jack is still needed for the AoE radius to be big enough for anything more than single target, so no I shouldn't have to sacrifice my Kaoms just to make the build even be viable. And divinarius? So i would have to sacrifice the 100% damage from the Atziri scepter which would be needed if they don't buff damage? Again, not gonna happen. Like I said, RF is viable because of a bug, a bug that they balanced around, so after fixing such a bug things should be rebalanced to be similar to what they were like with it, a BUG SHOULDN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH BALANCE.

Well this seems to be the difference between our outlooks on this change, I dont think RF needs to be rebalanced so its possible with same amount of resources to achieve same efficiency of RF as damage dealing/main skill. If the current level of RF efficiency is result of "bug"/uninteded mechanics its obvious that after removal of that mechanics RF wont have same efficiency. To me it is exactly the same case as for example if your hydrometer is broken and you are paying only for half of your water consumption as a result and after guys from water supplier fix it you demand to still pay only for a half because thats how it was before.

Simply put Im ok with RF being weaker, it could be a problem if full passive respec would not be available, but it will be.
Last edited by Taudlitz on Jun 20, 2014, 7:29:00 PM
"
robmafia wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

If you can't get that then just reread everything I have said until you do.

your unsupported point won't magically become valid with repetition.

I find this hilarious coming from you in this thread so far.

And technically you COULD snapshot attack skills. You could swap out gems and gear while multistriking, to change the effects that the minions created with Dominating Blow have or change the gems with slower projectile spectral throws are in the air.

It's retarded and a giant waste of time, but it's mechanically possible.
"
Leunam3 wrote:
"
dvdfong wrote:
I am sorry if someone else have already posted this but please consider keeping spectres persist after disconnect. On bad days I just stay in town and sort stash. Thanks!

the dev. team already suggestet that they will somehow change this! - i dunno exactly how - but at the future u wont worry as much anymore if u play a summoner and have to raise ur minions again! :D - they will stay!

I am hoping that this comes in August. fingers crossed!

P.S. I think it pointless to even argue about snapshotting. If the "game designer" said it wasn't meant to be then it wasn't meant to be. Personally I am too poor to even afford the equipment for snapshotting so I have no clue to all the complaints that's raging on here but my first "non-snapshotting" lvl 77 summoner witch beats all my other toons (76, 76, 79, 76) by far. First toon ever to finish off Merciless Dominus solo without dying. However, I would like to try having 4 big zombies and 4 small zombies at least once before snapshotting ends...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info