Snapshotting

"
vikroda wrote:
I haven't read through the entire thread, but if snapshotting is fixed, then you could summon animated weapons (or zombies) with, say, reduced mana in a red slot and after all the minions are up, switch the gem for multistrike or melee splash. (Let's say you have various auras and become limited by mana when trying to animate a pile of 20 weapons outside the boss room. You could work around that by turning off one of your auras while summoning but this way seems a little easier.)
Since you've changed the gem, your minions should have the new gem property without the extra mana cost, yes?
WTF is wrong with you guys alway looking for exploits rly...im rly impress how 90% of you looking for another exploits rather than using new tree or updrated versions for your build,ofc it's easier to cheat,btw for low life st guy that cry earlier fuck you havin 99% fire/light permanent and 9k es facetanking uber atziri it's rly stupid and havin so much dmg than you one shot mobs in 6 man pt...don't cry that st build abuse too much snapshoting.Sry for my English im rly bad:(
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
litesabr wrote:
After reading Mark's replies about righteous fire so far, I still am unclear on a point. If I socket RF + Empower + Enhance + Increased AOE in my offhand weapon that has +1 skill gems, will RF keep all the bonuses granted from the gems (including the +1 gem level) once cast and swapped back to primary weapon? Will the spell damage buffs from RF still be increased?
Yes, under the current system. Because the gem is removed, the in-progress action can't tell anything about the gem any more - including it's current (increased) level or what supports are on it - so it's forced to use the state it was in when it was last equipped.

It now sounds like Carl and Rory are keen for more changes to RF to make this less possible/useful, so that may not still be the case by the time the patch is deployed. I'll do my best to keep you guys posted.

UPDATE: the solution discussed here:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
We're currently looking into some solutions like keeping the part where it burns yourself, but removing the enemy burning and/or spell damage, so you couldn't escape burning yourself, but do need to keep the gem socketed to get actual use out of it. At this point I can't say if that's the path we'll take or not, or even if anything will change from the article before 1.2.0. As I said, I'll do my best to keep you guys up to date.
Has been confirmed and implemented. If you remove the RF gem, you'll still be burning, but you'll lose the spell damage bonus and the enemy burning effect, until you put the gem back.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 30, 2014, 7:04:57 PM
great solution IMHO
IGN TylordRampage
Good work on addressing snapshotting
Last edited by Zindax on Aug 7, 2014, 1:34:27 PM
Hahaha some ppl complain about removing snapshotting. Get your sh!t together and make a proper build instead of your broken one relying on an unintended very unbalanced "mechanics".
VERY good GGG!
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Don't expect every skill to be buffed or changed - we're currently pretty happy with the state of several of them.

Yeah...BUT WE DON'T! THEN MAKE US HAPPY IN NEXT PATCH BECAUSE WE PAID YOUR SALARY!!!!
Last edited by NNeto on Aug 9, 2014, 8:26:38 PM
I was so curious how low level characters were so srtong in a party. And i was dead, usiing no snapshot characters. Hm...your changes becomes to late. I'm so sad...
OK well done fixing snapshottting.

But now let minions scale with equipment like other skills do!!

Thank you
"
zinna79 wrote:
OK well done fixing snapshottting.

But now let minions scale with equipment like other skills do!!

Thank you

Yeah...we're expecting something like this GGG... Dont fuck up with the only build I've to fun playing AND SUPPORTING your game!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info