Snapshotting

"
winniethewhor wrote:

I find this hilarious coming from you in this thread so far.

And technically you COULD snapshot attack skills. You could swap out gems and gear while multistriking, to change the effects that the minions created with Dominating Blow have or change the gems with slower projectile spectral throws are in the air.

It's retarded and a giant waste of time, but it's mechanically possible.

THAT - THATS also what (i think it was) mark said ... its ridicoulus how much time u need(only considering time now) for a fully snapshottet character!

it should be used to play the game and not to snapshot! (the time i mean)

and yeah sadly many ppl are trying to get personal and dunno the full potential of snapshotting, but thats the way it is! :D
"
robmafia wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

If you can't get that then just reread everything I have said until you do.

your unsupported point won't magically become valid with repetition.

a raise spectre isn't an attack. and no matter how many times you post, it will still never be an attack.

i'm a summoner myself (not that it matters at all) , and ill just quote this becouse your posts are basically the same

yes specteres arent atacks they are SPELLS, before they are tagged as minions they're tagged as SPELLS, and that's why there is no reason why they shouldn't work exactly as other spells. yes they are minion spells, just like fire ball is a fire spell and so on.

also. as you started early on this thread pointing out about motegrul's and weapons swap as not beeing snapshot, and now you are veemently defending diferent supports for specters (and why just specters? you can do the same with zombies, but i guess you were just using 1/8 (less if had more zombies) of the RZ skill), it makes me think that you are just trolling, wich i hope you are becouse, if not it seems to me that you lack common sense... wich is bad
Hear this words but once and they will echo in your nightmares forever!
Last edited by Nyktasha on Jun 21, 2014, 8:46:30 AM
"
dvdfong wrote:

I am hoping that this comes in August. fingers crossed!

P.S. I think it pointless to even argue about snapshotting. If the "game designer" said it wasn't meant to be then it wasn't meant to be. Personally I am too poor to even afford the equipment for snapshotting so I have no clue to all the complaints that's raging on here but my first "non-snapshotting" lvl 77 summoner witch beats all my other toons (76, 76, 79, 76) by far. First toon ever to finish off Merciless Dominus solo without dying. However, I would like to try having 4 big zombies and 4 small zombies at least once before snapshotting ends...

im pretty sure it will come in august! - but its not that expensive to snapshot! (in invasion u need about 70 - 80 chaos) worth of currency or gear! and this could be done easy in 2 or 3 days!

if u really wanna try it - or need something to know about it! write me a pm, or write it in here!

the difference is quite huge! there is also a video that shows how to snapshot (well actually many videos!!!) ... its not only more or less zombies! stronger spells - more auras at less cost etc...

greetz
Please don't use this thread for a tutorial on how to use snapshot. Take it to PM.

This thread is about fixing snapshot and how we want the game to look when it is gone.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
FnaticXXX wrote:
Summoner was a weak class before the snapshoting .When the snapshoting appear its rebalanced the class and not making it overpower like i heard.
But well , when the snapshoting will be remove summoners will just disappear , and players playing only summoners like me will disappear with it.
A good way chris to loose more and more players gj :)

well there are already some summoners that have done atziri without snapshotting! but with really expensive gear! - so i wont say ur wrong but i also wont say ur right!

its a huge patch on august and it will bring more changes! also to the summoners!

they will rebalance it, rework it - fix it (i hope!) ... so its kinda toooo early to say that summoners will dissapear from the game and its players!

einstein said something really nice some day... (Die Zeit wird es zeigen!) - basically it means (the time will show) - what means... we will see what happens!

so at least wait and see what happens!

greetz!
I just don't understand why summoners have to be viable by all means.
Oh, you are summoner! there you go! now you can kill both atziri and uber atiziri...
This is not how the game is supposed to work. I agree with some buff to minion skill gems, that's ok, but, please, get rid of snapshotting... it's completely game-breaking, it doesn't makes any sense, by the way.
For me, path of exile is all about "building" your own and unique build, with it's lights and shadows, but all those overpowered builds abusing game mechanics are so annoying... Yes, maybe i'm a bit jealous, but just think about all those new players, who doesn't have any clue about what snapshot is... is it fair?
And yes, summoner that use snapshot are OP... 8l spectres? 7l zombies? really?
"
peachii wrote:
Please don't use this thread for a tutorial on how to use snapshot. Take it to PM.

This thread is about fixing snapshot and how we want the game to look when it is gone.

Sorry... really sorry! its my bad! - if i should stop it at all and tell nobody about it, let me know! im fine with it!

just wantet to let the people know the full potential of its abusing, since it will be gone soon!

and thx for the reminder! :)

ps: im have also startet on some changes to the snapshot fix - patch in august! ill try to pm GGG Mark about it! hopefully ill get it done in the next 24 hours and he will read it!
"
iuxtaignem wrote:
I just don't understand why summoners have to be viable by all means.
Oh, you are summoner! there you go! now you can kill both atziri and uber atiziri...
This is not how the game is supposed to work. I agree with some buff to minion skill gems, that's ok, but, please, get rid of snapshotting... it's completely game-breaking, it doesn't makes any sense, by the way.
For me, path of exile is all about "building" your own and unique build, with it's lights and shadows, but all those overpowered builds abusing game mechanics are so annoying... Yes, maybe i'm a bit jealous, but just think about all those new players, who doesn't have any clue about what snapshot is... is it fair?
And yes, summoner that use snapshot are OP... 8l spectres? 7l zombies? really?

hy iuxtaignem!

well why would you even implement summoners to the game?! just for cosmetics then?! every gem(spell whatever) should be viable and like u said... have its up and downs! this includes summoners and this also includes the rare bow users! (i mean real attacks with bows... not just a bow in your equipp for the +1 +2 whatever... :P)

and i totally think you are not "jealous" at all about this thematic!

but on your comment about the knowledge from new players! i think the game is totally fair because everybody can get the same advantage! put 2 people in the same car... 1 knows how to drive and the other 1 does not know! so he can learn it! its nowhere saying that ur not allowed to learn to drive a car!

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
...Have you not found the zombie life bonus from the item significant in your play?...

This is regarding the Mon'tregul's Grasp.
The only way for me as a summoner to create zombies "fat enough" to handle Uber-Atziri is via Minion Life gem, Chober Chaber and that's with Mon'tregul's Grasp they reach about 16k HP.
The problem with this is that with the snapshot fix we can still do these fat zombies (with less dps ofc removing trap/remote mine) is that any summoner that will run with a Chober Chaber equiped against Uber Atziri won't have the second crucial item required to handle Uber-Atziri, which is NA with Rathpith for the HP (potentially a Legacy Saffel's (yes, it must be legacy for us to make it comparable with the HP gain as well as the spellblock chance from a top rolled rathpith)). And of course besides minions you have yourself to worry about, running with a chober chaber will drop not only your minions survivability but yourself also. My 8000 ES and 99% fire resistance during flask makes me able to barely survive the small flameblasts vs Uber-Atziri. But let me tell you a secret, hold your hats now! There are OTHER spells that does damage to you as well during this fight! (duh!) So... basically we can not drop below ~7.5k ES and this is with the assumption of reaching 99% Fire Resistance with Ruby Flask.

My suggestion to this whole fix (which I'm glad that it's getting fixed) is to make summoners NOT FORCED to take NA to handle Uber-Atziri but make it optional.
-How to do that?
Rework minion gems/gear/tree making them more resilient for example:
* Mon'tregul's Grasp, make it give the zombies more tankiness (such as: Higher HP, DPS bonus)
* Higher base HP in general
* Better the quality bonuses from Raging Spirits, Spectres, nobody cares about movement speed!
* Faster attack animation for zombies (or just purely faster attacks)
* Improve minion controls so that we can actually be more player based in fights where movement is key, an example would be to make minions 100% prio where ever you cast a curse, place a totem, attack in mid-air with your wand/mace.
* Make minion specific support gems for dmg outputs to get us to a balanced level with other classes

These are just a few suggestions, I've posted more further back in this thread and would hate to repeat myself to much. I don't think we have very many summoners who has done Uber-Atziri in the game, even less in this thread. I really hope that the suggestions I'm posting are considered due to the simple fact of me having first hand experience with the end-game boss.
Summoners have always been broken, either in a good way (for us) or in a bad way. It's time to make us balanced without ripping the entire Vaal Metagame apart for us.

Hope this helps in your work to make this a fair fix for everyone involved.

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Last edited by Ghazzy on Jun 21, 2014, 9:15:18 AM
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
...Have you not found the zombie life bonus from the item significant in your play?...

This is regarding the Mon'tregul's Grasp.
The only way for me as a summoner to create zombies "fat enough" to handle Uber-Atziri is via Minion Life gem, Chober Chaber and that's with Mon'tregul's Grasp they reach about 16k HP.
The problem with this is that with the snapshot fix we can still do these fat zombies (with less dps ofc removing trap/remote mine) is that any summoner that will run with a Chober Chaber equiped against Uber Atziri won't have the second crucial item required to handle Uber-Atziri, which is NA with Rathpith for the HP (potentially a Legacy Saffel's (yes, it must be legacy for us to make it comparable with the HP gain as well as the spellblock chance from a top rolled rathpith)). And of course besides minions you have yourself to worry about, running with a chober chaber will drop not only your minions survivability but yourself also. My 8000 ES and 99% fire resistance during flask makes me able to barely survive the small flameblasts vs Uber-Atziri. But let me tell you a secret, hold your hats now! There are OTHER spells that does damage to you as well during this fight! (duh!) So... basically we can not drop below ~7.5k ES and this is with the assumption of reaching 99% Fire Resistance with Ruby Flask.

My suggestion to this whole fix (which I'm glad that it's getting fixed) is to make summoners NOT FORCED to take NA to handle Uber-Atziri but make it optional.
-How to do that?
Rework minion gems/gear/tree making them more resilient for example:
* Mon'tregul's Grasp, make it give the zombies more tankiness (such as: Higher HP, DPS bonus)
* Higher base HP in general
* Better the quality bonuses from Raging Spirits, Spectres, nobody cares about movement speed!
* Faster attack animation for zombies (or just purely faster attacks)
* Improve minion controls so that we can actually be more player based in fights where movement is key, an example would be to make minions 100% prio where ever you cast a curse, place a totem, attack in mid-air with your wand/mace.
* Make minion specific support gems for dmg outputs to get us to a balanced level with other classes

These are just a few suggestions, I've posted more further back in this thread and would hate to repeat myself to much. I don't think we have very many summoners who has done Uber-Atziri in the game, even less in this thread. I really hope that the suggestions I'm posting are considered due to the simple fact of me having first hand experience with the end-game boss.
Summoners have always been broken, either in a good way (for us) or in a bad way. It's time to make us balanced without ripping the entire Vaal Metagame apart for us.

Hope this helps in your work to make this a fair fix for everyone involved.

The only thing i agree with you on is movementspeed. They already are around me and follow me close enough. I wish movementspeed was replaced by something more interesting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info