Gender...

The game looks really awsome and promissing. One thing is bothering me, tought: Gender. Please DEVS, dont make classes without possible gender selection. If theres one thing i never understood in some games (and this same thing was the reason for manny players quit these games) is the lack of gender selection with classes. Please dont take away this major important aspect of customisation. I will feel forced to play a ranger female, cause i cant see myself as one. Plus, theres no purpose in taking away this aspect of customization. Not that i see, annyways.
All the rest is really nice and the setting and music are making me verry anxious to play this. Congrats!

Ps- Sorry my bad english, im from Brazil
"It's not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
www.thezeitgeistmovement.com
www.thevenusproject.com
www.zeitnews.org
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2018, 6:27:37 PM
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
Tormenta... Brazil?
Did you played Allods Online?
Oh, and what you mean by -1?
"It's not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
www.thevenusproject.com
www.zeitnews.org
tormenta... Croatia.
No.
It means I disagree on importance of gender selection :o)
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
So you dont think being able to select a gender in a big and crowded online action rpg makes customization a bit lacking?
One of the things (in my humble opinion) that makes me not feel in a rpg game is the lack of customization. Rpg is all about customize and be unique. Its sad to walk in a map and see all people (4 to 8 in the case of path of exile) looking like you. All rangers will be females then? And all marauders will be huge male gorila-type characters?
By customization I talk about:
1 - skill customization
2 - apearence customization

In that order of importance. Thats all my opinion, tought, im not saying you are wrong :)
ps. Tormenta is a Brazilian word thats why i asked you :)
www.thevenusproject.com
www.zeitnews.org
"
lucaskf467 wrote:
So you dont think being able to select a gender in a big and crowded online action rpg makes customization a bit lacking?
One of the things (in my humble opinion) that makes me not feel in a rpg game is the lack of customization. Rpg is all about customize and be unique. Its sad to walk in a map and see all people (4 to 8 in the case of path of exile) looking like you. All rangers will be females then? And all marauders will be huge male gorila-type characters?

Sounds like you're talking about an MMO (a truer MMO). I don't disagree that it would be nice to choose but it really isn't necessary as you're looking from more of a top down view and you'll be covered in armor.

And as you know, there will be plenty of customization through the skill gems =)
"
lucaskf467 wrote:

Sure, it does. If it's up to me, there would be complete character customization. I think most F2P games offer way too much for free. With F2P game, no money invested should mean there's absolutely nothing to customize. Pay $100 per item and work with Devs in real time to have it fitted to your style, but with Devs having final word on design, texture, etc. If they feel it would not fit in a game, they can drop the whole deal. $500+ for gender customization, etc.

I disagree with you on a part that MANY players would quit if there is no gender selection, regardless of if game is F2P or P2P. I know not one case it happened.
I have changed my opinion about gender selection being avalible in the begining giving GGG´s budget issues.
I have also started a thread in Sugestions forum where i sugest gender selection to be a possible feature for later expansions or updates.

"
it really isn't necessary as you're looking from more of a top down view and you'll be covered in armor.

Havent tought of it in that way. Good point of view, DoDoBird
www.thevenusproject.com
www.zeitnews.org
I appreciate the idea that gender cannot be changed. One of the thing that irks me about the new "direction" of D3 is the gender change.

Amazon could only be woman, it was part of their culture. Sorceress is only woman, because that is the way of their order and how they are chosen. The barbarian is a "men only" class because they are the macho axe grinder.

Here we have the witch, and I believe it should remain woman only as that is the most common interpretation of a witch. As for the others, I hope they remain gender specific. I also hope they introduce more classes in the future, but I like the direction they are taking things as it is.

If anything, change the class name per gender and make them slightly different. So the female and male version might be like wizard/witch and they would have slightly different spells because they come from different orders.

My 5 cents
What I don't like with having gender selection is that nothing important really changes. Female character uses same skills, same weapons, etc. Way to go would be to have oppossite gender as an "more hardcore" version of default gender - female Barbarian would have less STR than male one, on a same level, thus not being able to equip same type of weapon male Barbarian uses, yet. There should be slight differences with everything else, even gender-specific skill(s), but "more hardcore" feel should remain at all times - doubling number of classes in a game, sort of. Only that way would trouble of modeling oppossite gender really pays off.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info