Gender...

Well i think everyone happy since i figure that the classes will be 50/50 as far as female and male. Plus i think after awhile you don't really notice. its not like people are going to be assuming your sex based on your character.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
I dont really care bout gender in most game but have the ability to make a heffer that can take on a massive attack is still cool lol

But since the devs are creating this game and have a vision of how it should play i dont think it should matter...
Definitely jumping into PoE as a Marauder right off the bat. I am really interested to see how much depth will be added to character customization.

I also hope the 2 hand weapons will be worth sacrificing a shield.
i think gender options wold be cool seeing i like the ranger class and im a guy
I guess I belong to the minority that would like to have a gender option as well. Luckily I find the melee classes the most interesting so I'll be able to play a male character regardless.
Agree that gender selection should be considered by the devs. Hell i'm the type that has deleted numerous toons because I got sick of their names or race. Having a customizable toon is important even if it is top downish view imho.
Guess I would also add that gender typically effects sounds. Whether the toon has a voice or the grunts and cries it makes in battle.
Gender selection comes at a great cost to developers. Having to make two versions of every class item must be difficult and time consuming. But think of the expansion on customization it offers. Personally, i hate having my cool ass warrior walk around in a mini skirt of armor. I want my mage to be a dark, brooding fellow who likes like he needs a drink. I would feel majorly let down if gender selection is locked in this game. The amount of potential would be considerably lower. PLEASE--DONT MAKE GENDER LOCKED CLASSES
There is a lot sense in Vvemoth's post. It would be quite weird to have a male witch and a female macho barbarian. As for my own opinion - I don't think it's an important aspect of the game whether you play as a male or a female character.
If budget is really an issue, my idea would be that during the beta, keep it the way it is, one gender per class.

But once they find a way to start making money (from an item shop or whatever other means) Id really like to see some sort of character creation.. at least being able to choose the gender. I understand that this is more of an action role playing game than an mmo, but ROLE PLAYING game means youre playing a role, its more comfortable to play a role that best suits you, and it appeals to a larger community the more character and skill customization there is.
L O L O L O L O L O L O L

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info