Update on Expansion Development Timeline

"
petden wrote:
Oh no. New four month leagues, new challenge-league-only features (like strongboxes) held back from permanent leagues, which makes playing on permanent leagues not worth it and less fun. Fuck.[/b]

Not sure if being sarcastic or what but the 4 month league new content is GGG's signature and how they roll out new content. So far this is how it's been and I don't really expect it to change. It works.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Anyone else spamming F5 on Reddit in the hopes that Chris will post some juicy teaser? :3
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
If some of the desync issues are fixed, drop rates and crafting severely improved, I might consider returning to PoE. I can't say I was thrilled with Vaal expansion.
"
Peon wrote:
not sure, if this has already been clarified, but will the strongboxes from Ambush and guest base monster types from Invasion integrated into the core game when the current leagues end (july) or when the new leagues start (mid of august)?

Would like to know this as well.
I just want snow
IGN: Scuhr
Would it be possible to do like a 1 month of practice races like you choose a character then you get to try out some of the races and see how to get better of get farther so that people can ready up for next seasons races
"
Moeeom123 wrote:

by the way
all I want is

FIX THE TRADING SYSTEM YOU HAD 10000 GOOD SUGGESTIONS HOW

Ditto.

All I want is a market place in-game. With or without my character being there.
I wouldn't mind leaving the game on, with a shop open, just like old times.
No search function like in an auction house, because that would be really bad, just a good ol' fashion market filled with shops, or something like an AH without search.
The current system of trading was good around 1995 - 2000 maybe, and I'm getting too old to manage a stupid forum shop, let alone find something in another.

It's been forever since the first requests for this trading upgrade. I think it's time for this change.

I haven't played for a few weeks because there's nothing left to do... I can't get too far end-game without godly gear which drops far end-game where I want to be .... imagine that. I don't have much time to spend buying and selling (flipping) stuff to get to a desired item, and farming last month everyday only got me around 50 chaos and a few gcps and some items I can't sell. In 1.5 years of playing this game I have never had an exalt drop (that being the highest currency I have due to trading).
I really enjoy this game (casual player) and think you are doing a great job with it but you are adding too much content in some parts (regular skill gems) and not dealing with basic problems.
I lov SOTV (except Atziri fight, which I have no chance of doing), and all the content BTW.
I only have this request...

Very nice. GGG!

Looking forward to it. Hope there are some crafting changes to look forward to.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
"
Chris wrote:
"
rossidis wrote:
playing through the entire game, 3 times per character, facing the same wall each time, is not only repetitive, its boring, fanboys can deny it, but in my opinion, theres a point where you need to draw a line, and extending act3 further, is ludicrous.

I agree. We're not extending Act 3 though.

What are you doing then? Reducing it to four acts and two difficulties? Cause four acts with three difficulties would throw the leveling curve way off. Just like back when we used to only have two acts and four difficulties and had to adjust due to the introduction of Act 3.
"
rossidis wrote:
playing through the entire game, 3 times per character, facing the same wall each time...

What wall? Act 3 is a bit longer, but there's no "wall," and you can easily get rushed through it. Especially in SC leagues. Further, it sounds like you're saying A3 was extended with SoTV. It wasn't. Optional content, called Atziri.

"
sirgog wrote:
People are getting into maps in well under 12 hours played (if they know what they are doing).

16 hours if they don't. See? No wall. Nice timeline to get to end-game.

"
DaveSW wrote:
So some time in 2015 Cruel difficulty will disappear? Once act 4 gets released it means we'd have to play through 12 total acts, instead of 9. Cutting that down to 8 seems like a good idea.

Until (That company that rhymes with Gizzard) changed the progression so that monsters scale with the player, (That game that rhymes with Diab-Snow) was no different. Four acts, and actually FOUR difficulties. Grind it up. Worked fine not only for them, but for myself as a player. As it does currently for me with PoE.

"
Psyborg wrote:
the demands Ive seen from some of the newer players would, I honestly believe, alienate a lot of CB/OB players who appreciate having to work and improve their skills as a player in order to achieve.

While I haven't seen some of this, as an OB player, it's not the difficulty of fighting Atziri that was the issue for me. I appreciated having to come up with or adjust a build in order to even make it possible for me to win the fight. But the Sacrifice and Mortal drops was, in my opinion, a punishing way to go about it. In order to go 8/8, you more or less HAD to set up an Atziri kill service so you wouldn't have to waste time farming Midnights in order to farm Mortals.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 13, 2014, 3:59:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info