[HC] Avatar of Fire Molten Strike | 53k dps | Full Guide level 87 (updated 1.1.4)

Read through and didnt see my question, hopefully you reply.

Why didn't you pick up 'Master of the Arena' and 'Acceleration' in this buid? (Honest question, genuinely curious) there is also 20% life right there above it.

Thanks
@DudeBroDad - Level 82 Max Spell Block Arc Mjolner - Torment
I was wondering if you could use blood magic gem instead of weapon elemental dmg or other dps gem and use some auras like hatred/grace.And benefit from the 50% cold to fire from avatar of fire node?(you also save 2 skill nodes.For even more dmg/life)

ANd at 1 node away on the skill tree you got 3 nodes that give you 10% chance to block and 20% defences from shield.Those are insane to take.

ANd i also got unwavering stance and iron reflexes since i will run hatred and grace.

Also at 1 node away you got the 2 endurance charges.Those are a nobrainer to get since you are melee and you are using a cast when dmg taken setup.

I really like your build.Looks pretty fun and powerfull.I will give it a shot.Thx for posting.Looking forward to your reply to my changes on your skilltree/questions.

Edit - Ya post some 75+ map video please.I would really like to see the build in action.

Last edited by lucian_22 on Jun 3, 2014, 1:15:54 PM
Doing something very similar. I didn't go AoF because of 2 reasons.
1- Leech on side gear is based on Phys. Doing 0 means next to no life leech aside from some small ele leech and fire leech on uniques/lucky vaals and no mana leech.
It frees up a slot if I were to ever get a 6-link.

2- Resistant enemies. Stacking Fire just doesn't work like stacking Phys. I haven't tested the numbers, but running a 75% Fire res map sucked when I had AoF. They're doable without it.

--
A lot of my gear is good, but your gear has all those nice life rolls so I have less life in the end. Calculating it all out I think I have around the same dps/armour as you with hatred and a defensive aura. We both kill Domi with the same speed.
Personal choice really. I like that full Blood Magic still has a use.

Also protip: If you play in a party often, try to team up with an auramancer. The high level auras double my dps.
Running the build now at lvl 76. I have half the armour and half the dps but still plowing over everything I've faced. Boss fights are actually where you can see the true power of the build. If OP doesn't put any more vids up I may do some.
"
Elseab wrote:
Read through and didnt see my question, hopefully you reply.

Why didn't you pick up 'Master of the Arena' and 'Acceleration' in this buid? (Honest question, genuinely curious) there is also 20% life right there above it.

Thanks

Getting into the duelist tree, and master of the arena are not worth the points needed to get them. Even with acceleration you have to go through a mana node first. You're better off getting more efficient phys/armor nodes.
IGN: FalconPunchingManiac
"
zacintosh wrote:
Doing something very similar. I didn't go AoF because of 2 reasons.
1- Leech on side gear is based on Phys. Doing 0 means next to no life leech aside from some small ele leech and fire leech on uniques/lucky vaals and no mana leech.
It frees up a slot if I were to ever get a 6-link.

2- Resistant enemies. Stacking Fire just doesn't work like stacking Phys. I haven't tested the numbers, but running a 75% Fire res map sucked when I had AoF. They're doable without it.

--
A lot of my gear is good, but your gear has all those nice life rolls so I have less life in the end. Calculating it all out I think I have around the same dps/armour as you with hatred and a defensive aura. We both kill Domi with the same speed.
Personal choice really. I like that full Blood Magic still has a use.

Also protip: If you play in a party often, try to team up with an auramancer. The high level auras double my dps.

I switched to using fire pen instead of added fire, and because i'm using LGoH my life is capped anyways. I see your point, though, and not taking AoF is a viable option.

And yeah, with an auramancer or buzzsaw my tooltip hits 30k.
Sucks you fell into the RF trap. I leveled one to about 78, and while it is very effective mf build, it just wasn't fun for me either. Other than maybe atziri, I don't see anything this build can't tackle.
Really happy that you guys like the build so much. Maybe I'll make a new build after I dig myself out of the RF trap.
So since I had some boots with no real useful gems in it, I threw on a searing bond + burn damage + iir + iiq for bosses instead of weapon swapping to cull. It's kinda funny because I can clear maps just using SB with no changes to the tree.
So I made a video playing a level 71(i think) map, highest I had. 2 bosses and 2 exiles enfeebled map. I'm running with about half the damage and armour as OP. And I do play pretty reckless. If anyone wants to loan me a 75 map ill gladly run it and record. Boss fight is about 6 min and second exile is at end.

Last edited by wenlock on Jun 5, 2014, 12:57:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info