Peeps 1.2 Angry Pillar God (CoMK) Ground Slam & Fire Storms from Hell (Final build complete)

"
Nahkalaukku wrote:
Im going to build around PotCG too, and your build has been great inspiration. However i have few questions.

What does "16% increased physical weapon damage" actually mean? Only melee skills (skills that need weapon to be cast, not spells) receive that bonus, in this case Ground Slam? Or does it mean that all skill gems linked to PotCG receive that bonus which means firestorm/whatever is affected too?

Second, and if weapon physical dmg affects to all linked gems, wouldn't Glacial Cascade do more dmg than Firestorm? Or do you prefer Firestorm because its dmg is enough and it centers above enemies like you described. Also in templar/marauder area is more fire damage buffing nodes, so Firestorm's dmg can be pushed further easily vs. Glacial Cascade.

It is only applied to skills that use the staff for physical damage, like most melee skills. May work with ST too.

Firestorm gets all its bonus damage from iron will strength bonus. You will have obscene amounts of strength which will ramp up the skill a lot. Conc effect works with both so it was an easy addition.

Iron will adds 1.15% spell damage per 5 strength if its a 20 quality gem. The gem can be lvl one due to us bypassing cast speed with CoMK.

You can get 1000-1500 strength, so the damage increase can be quite high.

Firestorm out performed Glacial Cascade due to the area firestorm covers and due to it centering at the killed mob and not from your character. Glacial cascade will probably do more damage to what it touches, but it will touch far less monsters than firestorm can.

So you end up with 2 skills that do above average damage together to total up to nice damage output.

I do warn about using this build if you PC is not too good. Especially maps like Cowards Trial. The firestorms get super extreme.
Peep
Last edited by cantilever on Sep 18, 2014, 10:11:54 AM
I recently made some more currency so I will try to upgrade my gear. I'm not even close to the potential of the build yet.

Mostly my jewelry needs updating, maybe chest too.
Peep
Cleaned up the OP a bit
Peep
Thanks for your reply^^

What auras are you using, if any? Cant see your tree since i have no access to computer and need to use ipad. I was wondering if Wrath and Anger makes better combo than one of them and Hatred, since Hatred gives % of your physical dmg and the others give flat amount of dmg. And in this build we dont have that much of flat physical dmg (even we try to obtain as much as possible), if im correct.
"
Nahkalaukku wrote:
Thanks for your reply^^

What auras are you using, if any? Cant see your tree since i have no access to computer and need to use ipad. I was wondering if Wrath and Anger makes better combo than one of them and Hatred, since Hatred gives % of your physical dmg and the others give flat amount of dmg. And in this build we dont have that much of flat physical dmg (even we try to obtain as much as possible), if im correct.

I use hatred, but may switch out to only defensive auras.

Anger and Wrath wont work well because we have nothing that is increasing their damage. We have no elemental bonuses. They also wont do anything with FS

We do want to get as much flat phys as possible. Hatred scaled off your total physical damage, so the bonus from strength on the pillar is included. So hatred does add a nice punch to GS. But like I said, it doesn't seem to be overly necessary so I may go defensive auras only moving forward.
Peep
"
cantilever wrote:

We do want to get as much flat phys as possible. Hatred scaled off your total physical damage, so the bonus from strength on the pillar is included. So hatred does add a nice punch to GS. But like I said, it doesn't seem to be overly necessary so I may go defensive auras only moving forward.

Oh cool, didnt even know that. Then Hatred really is the way to go, if more dmg is needed.
Now i have access to computer and im crafting my own build, but your tree seems to be broken. Can you fix it pls :)?
Killer ideas here, I love Pillar builds and this is one of the better ones I've seen. My spin on things:

I respecced an old Marauder and although I've still got pretty sub-par equipment, I'm really liking the looks of this. Here's my current passives at 71 (had to take some INT and DEX nodes to use my gems, hence Elementalist), and here's what I'm aiming for (assuming I can get DEX and INT on my gear). Aside from going Marauder to save a few points, the major change I've made is ditching Carcass Jack for a chest with high armor, resists, and strength. The damage difference is negligible and I don't really notice the smaller AoE.

I also did a bit of fooling around with my Tabula Rasa and depending on how it fares against elemental reflect, I think adding a second Firestorm gem to the mix is the way I'd go with a 6L. Since trigger gems can cast multiple spells at once, it basically doubles the Firestorm damage, which is huge. Also you might crash party members' PCs, which is either a major problem or an awesome feature, depending on how you feel about your party. ;)
Last edited by The_Wuggly_Ump on Jul 9, 2014, 8:13:23 PM
"
Killer ideas here, I love Pillar builds and this is one of the better ones I've seen. My spin on things:

I respecced an old Marauder and although I've still got pretty sub-par equipment, I'm really liking the looks of this. Here's my current passives at 71 (had to take some INT and DEX nodes to use my gems, hence Elementalist), and here's what I'm aiming for (assuming I can get DEX and INT on my gear). Aside from going Marauder to save a few points, the major change I've made is ditching Carcass Jack for a chest with high armor, resists, and strength. The damage difference is negligible and I don't really notice the smaller AoE.

I also did a bit of fooling around with my Tabula Rasa and depending on how it fares against elemental reflect, I think adding a second Firestorm gem to the mix is the way I'd go with a 6L. Since trigger gems can cast multiple spells at once, it basically doubles the Firestorm damage, which is huge. Also you might crash party members' PCs, which is either a major problem or an awesome feature, depending on how you feel about your party. ;)

Im pretty sure you cant use more than 1 gem at a time for triggering anymore.
Peep
Do u still play this build? Any new additions? New gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info