Peeps 1.2 Angry Pillar God (CoMK) Ground Slam & Fire Storms from Hell (Final build complete)

"
nebunelux wrote:
Hey, can you post the Defense tab screen shot?

How's the survivability in high lvl maps?
I feel it is lacking a bit.
I assume you have about 10k armour - that's alright.
Life seems low, only 3600 endgame for a full str build. I don't think you can get it higher since all the uniques with a lot of strength have no life.

I would replace Lioneye's Paws with rare boots with life resists and max Strength roll. Also Belly of the Beast would be a good idea, raising your armour and especially life by a ton. It should get your life 4k+.

What happens when you get swamped in 70+ maps? Do you have close call situations? Life flipping up and down, or eventually dying?

Right now Im lvl 77. I got lucky and had two Untainted Paradise that had me fly from lvl 65 to 74ish.

So my gear is shit for this level. Which actually excites me because decent gear will only make things better.

As for defense, I have 51% DR with Grace on. I use Warlords Mark to obtain endurance charges and get significant leech. The curse was changed so it now leeches all types of damage, including fire storm, not just physical. Im trying to decide on having 4 or 5 endurance charges. Still not sure. But that brings me to roughly 70% DR. I then use 2 granite flasks.

Im also at the point where besides endurance charges, the rest of my points are going life. Along with better gear, I expect my HP to be well over 4k if not close to 5k. I use leap slam to jump out of bad spots. Im only doing lvl 70 maps because I leveled so fast i was unable to build a map pool. I can say those maps are pure cake.

Im currently buying as many - mana rings and amulets I can find to make the best one possible for this build.
Peep
"
ceripapa wrote:
The Q:20 Iron will 16% spell dam / 5 str ? I calc now with a lvl 1 fireball , 800 str and Q:7 iron will . the damage 5-10, with iw: 13-27 : Q the iron will only incrase the base 1%. Q:7 IW = 1,0525 % spell dam / 5 STR. Q:20 have 1,15% / 5 str .

Not totally following you. On my old build I did use quality on my Iron Will. The level of it doesn't matter. I have not gotten around to buying one yet.
Peep
"
cantilever wrote:
It is only applied to skills that use the staff for physical damage, like most melee skills. May work with ST too.

Firestorm gets all its bonus damage from iron will strength bonus. You will have obscene amounts of strength which will ramp up the skill a lot. Conc effect works with both so it was an easy addition.

Iron will adds 16% spell damage per 5 strength if its a 20 quality gem. The gem can be lvl one due to us bypassing cast speed with CoMK. So the fire nodes and just about any spell damage nodes will do less than a 10 strength node.

You can get 1000-1500 strength, so the damage increase can be quite high.

Firestorm out performed Glacial Cascade due to the area firestorm covers and due to it centering at the killed mob and not from your character. Glacial cascade will probably do more damage to what it touches, but it will touch far less monsters than firestorm can.

So you end up with 2 skills that do above average damage together to total up to nice damage output.

I do warn about using this build if you PC is not too good. Especially maps like Cowards Trial. The firestorms get super extreme.

The 20% Quality with Iron will have only 1,15% spell dam incrase not 16% . I say only that.
"
ceripapa wrote:
"
cantilever wrote:
It is only applied to skills that use the staff for physical damage, like most melee skills. May work with ST too.

Firestorm gets all its bonus damage from iron will strength bonus. You will have obscene amounts of strength which will ramp up the skill a lot. Conc effect works with both so it was an easy addition.

Iron will adds 16% spell damage per 5 strength if its a 20 quality gem. The gem can be lvl one due to us bypassing cast speed with CoMK. So the fire nodes and just about any spell damage nodes will do less than a 10 strength node.

You can get 1000-1500 strength, so the damage increase can be quite high.

Firestorm out performed Glacial Cascade due to the area firestorm covers and due to it centering at the killed mob and not from your character. Glacial cascade will probably do more damage to what it touches, but it will touch far less monsters than firestorm can.

So you end up with 2 skills that do above average damage together to total up to nice damage output.

I do warn about using this build if you PC is not too good. Especially maps like Cowards Trial. The firestorms get super extreme.

The 20% Quality with Iron will have only 1,15% spell dam incrase not 16% . I say only that.

I see, maybe I misunderstood the wiki. Base is 1% then 1Q is .75% so q20 is 15%. I added them instead of applying that 15 to the base of 1. Thanks for pointing that out. Now I understand why they still seem very strong even though I don't have Q on IW yet
Peep
IMO a finalized tree could look like this

Now to explain my choices:
3 Endurance Charges: Pretty self explanatory, they're nearby
Golem's Blood: The same, more life, life regen
Executioner: 24% phys equates to 15 str, own to Duelist Endurance Charge
Butchery: 20 str + 30% inc. phys in 2 points = 23% phys per point, pretty good

An alternative would going for Exceptional Performance and Potency of Will. 90% inc. skill effect duration for 6 points. This would need testing to see if it's worth the investment.

I an still worried about the survivability when swamped by elemental damage. Physical shouldn't be a problem, but elemental, like when you open a strongbox, or when facing Scepter of God mobs in maps.

I will try it myself sometime soon.

You are a pioneer in CoMK Build. Never seen it put to good use before. Also there is a lot of synergy between Pillar - STR - Iron Will - spell. Cool mechanic - cool build :)
"
nebunelux wrote:
IMO a finalized tree could look like this

Now to explain my choices:
3 Endurance Charges: Pretty self explanatory, they're nearby
Golem's Blood: The same, more life, life regen
Executioner: 24% phys equates to 15 str, own to Duelist Endurance Charge
Butchery: 20 str + 30% inc. phys in 2 points = 23% phys per point, pretty good

An alternative would going for Exceptional Performance and Potency of Will. 90% inc. skill effect duration for 6 points. This would need testing to see if it's worth the investment.

I an still worried about the survivability when swamped by elemental damage. Physical shouldn't be a problem, but elemental, like when you open a strongbox, or when facing Scepter of God mobs in maps.

I will try it myself sometime soon.

You are a pioneer in CoMK Build. Never seen it put to good use before. Also there is a lot of synergy between Pillar - STR - Iron Will - spell. Cool mechanic - cool build :)

You have 13 more points than Ive used so far. What you posted looks great and is very close to what I think Ill have. I did take the 3 duration nodes tho. I do think the endurance charges are the way to go. I have lots of regen and that will boost it more.

Ele damage in spikes can be an issue. Boxes are not too bad though. I start ground slamming and begin leeching immediately. I actually love how this build handles boxes.

I appreciate any comments and advice. I think the build has serious potential. There are player far better than me that could probably improve it quite a bit.

I am happy overall, its a build you can level with and its tons of fun and lots of funky stuff going on. Something not many other games can think about doing.
Peep
Hey, really enjoying the build so far. So much so that I made a video of me farming docks at 66 with it, you're welcome to include it on your main post :)

Here's my video of the Lv 66 docks farming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_2_nuVtncU

Here's my gear:

Spoiler

My auras are Herald of Ash, Herald of Ice, Clarity and Hatred.

6 Link Staff - Groundslam, Firestorm, Cast on Melee Kill, Iron Will, Increased Area of Effect, Concentrated Effect. - 5k DPS

4 Link Helm - Heavy Strike, Faster Attacks, Vaal Groundslam, Multistrike. - 10k DPS

Build started off really slowly, like REEEEALLY slowly in terms of DPS, then I hit 60 and equipped my Abyssus helmet and my DPS skyrocketed. Only problems at the moment are physical damage if i'm not careful.

Otherwise, extremely fun and different build that's worth checking out.
Last edited by aient on Sep 20, 2014, 6:39:10 AM
a simple question, templar tread and I only see a marauder build?
Hey, any update on progression?

Mara start is better. More skill point efficient. Mara starts with 15% MPD and Templar with 12%MPD.
They are both low but Mara is closer to the efficiency of 10 str - which is 16% from Pillar + 2% from str.

The OP started this build as a Templar last leagues and kept this thread going.
You can build however you want but try to maximize str from tree. You can get about ~500 STR or more.
I've been following this thread with some interest, and made a test version of this build (now lvl 67, crushing low level maps). I have thought of making another post, but will keep it to this thread for now since many things are similar.

First, I use glacial hammer as my single target over heavy strike. Leveling (all through merci), bosses would be frozen the entire fight (which lasts no time at all). It's a joke.

Second, I took the +duration nodes, and then changed up skill usage to benefit from this. I have a low lvl CWDT with enduring cry, and then a max level with enduring cry, increased duration, and immortal call. With a couple extra endurance charges (and warlords mark being plenty to keep me full of them), I proc 8 second plus immortal calls all the time. Physical bosses aren't a problem.

In addition, I added what I think is another MAJOR defensive upgrade: low level CWDT frost wall with quality (improves the length). With the +skill duration, these last a while, and keep the character from getting overwhelmed. They disrupt archers/spells/titties very effectively. As a major plus, I can sit behind a series of walls and keep dropping my GS and firestorms. Major defensive option to play with.

Finally, I gave up a 6L chest for a 4L and a 2L, and put in vaal haste with increased duration. It's right around 15 seconds right now, and with such a low souls cost, it's near 100% uptime while smashing stuff. I get more use out of it than I was a single target 6L since I was hardly ever using single target anyway.

Great guide, appreciate the work you've put into it. My favorite character I've leveled, and transitioning easily to maps now.

-Fezzic

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info