Peeps 1.2 Angry Pillar God (CoMK) Ground Slam & Fire Storms from Hell (Final build complete)

Rookie question: I just got a POTCG from a friend for free, but with only 1 blue socket, is there a way I can add more socket and links to it or am I stuck with the one blue socket staff? My highest level toon is only lv25
@hellolin
You can change the number of sockets of an item using jeweller orbs it the item's ilvl permits it.

For more information check out this link.

@OP
I have some concerns regarding the mechanics.
I just reached 60 and equipped all necessary gear. 2.5k GS(IW+CoMK+FS), 11k HS, both 4L.

So, when using an AoE skill on a pack of mobs you deal the same damage to all of them, meaning that they will all die in the same time. This means that the Firestorms proc after you kill the pack of mobs and thus the FS doesn't hit anything.

Another concern is how difficult it is to kill mobs in higher lvl maps when GS DPS is only about 3,5k at most. (mine is 2,5k). Let's suppose you face a pack of Skeletal Beasts or Rock Giants (high HP high armor mobs). It will take a long that to kill even 1 of them to proc FS.
Last edited by nebunelux on Sep 25, 2014, 2:45:41 AM
"
nebunelux wrote:
@hellolin
You can change the number of sockets of an item using jeweller orbs it the item's ilvl permits it.

For more information check out this link.

@OP
I have some concerns regarding the mechanics.
I just reached 60 and equipped all necessary gear. 2.5k GS(IW+CoMK+FS), 11k HS, both 4L.

So, when using an AoE skill on a pack of mobs you deal the same damage to all of them, meaning that they will all die in the same time. This means that the Firestorms proc after you kill the pack of mobs and thus the FS doesn't hit anything.

Another concern is how difficult it is to kill mobs in higher lvl maps when GS DPS is only about 3,5k at most. (mine is 2,5k). Let's suppose you face a pack of Skeletal Beasts or Rock Giants (high HP high armor mobs). It will take a long that to kill even 1 of them to proc FS.

I have a low lvl 3L POTCG and i use infernal blow as my red gem in the set up instead of GS, this way it will have good single target dmg to trigger FS but do spare some AOE in the meantime, so far at low level it works good enough
Hey,

Any news on current progress with this build?
Hi, trying this build right now, i like it so far. Only one concern:

Firestorm: really, i see no point in proccing >20 firestorm if everything beneath is already dead, is useful just if there's a rare or boss around the AoE.

Right now i'm going with Arc, it can really bounce off another pack, and the autotargeting is awesome, not to mention that all arcs conveys toward the rare mob in the middle of a pack, if any.

Also, shock chance, since we do not crit, it will helps our DPS.

I'm curious about ball lightning tho, since it can benefit from increased AoE (but not from conc effect, remember) and every mob killed is a different cast. Can someone try it please?
Hi, I'm planning to do a CoMK build myself and I have a couple of questions:
- how's your Grouns Slam effectiveness? With around 5-6k DPS I really struggle to trigger my spells while fighting a pack of blue mobs;
- how's your maps clear speed? Except of the CoMK itself you have very little % increased support/nodes.;
- don't you think using Ground Slam basically makes the whole CoMK useless? I checked one of the vids posted in this thread where Firestorms were basically nothing more than a cool effect since all nearby mods were already dead.
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
Last edited by Weißenberg on Oct 18, 2014, 2:14:49 PM
Any update for this build for 1.3? Im very interested in trying this out
UPDATE THIS BUILD
Please update this :3
I have tried to make a passive tree to this build, still trying to adjust as much as possible. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1261107
IGN inspectorgadgetz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info