1.1.4 Patch Notes

"
>physical
[Removed by Support] What's the fucking point of the change if it half fixes half of the problem?

Dual-wield doesn't have a problem in the first place. And the intention behind this is probably to make phys dual-wield more viable without GG gear. There's an army of ele dual-wielders out there already, so I hardly think they need more boosting. Complaining about nerfs is one thing, but complaining about buffs as well?! -__-

"
An army of ele dual wielders? Do you live a year ago when cleave was a thing? The buff is not done well at all, that's why I'm complaining. I understand that you didn't even bother trying to understand it, and just chased your dream of successfuly criticising someone on the internet, but even that didn't work out.

The buff is quite nice for phys builds, I actually like that, but I think it should be a bit more attack speed focused. Still, GGG has been ignoring weapon ele since it desperately needed changes, which is since the huge phys buff.

edit: And what sort of bullshit is that Dual-wield doesn't have a problem in the first place? It had a problem of not being good enough compared to a shield, and after the patch, that's only fixed for physical damage.

Making it viable without GG gear? It used to be a straight up 9-25% block loss, all shield stats loss, and 10% attack speed + implicit mod on weapon gain. The only thing that's really improved are numbers (for phys). Gear doesn't change anything about the comparison of sword and board and dual sword, you'll gain X% more damage and lose a shield. If you mean that you have to buy 2 weapons, then it's not very smart to describe it as "GG gear".

Lol. There's builds that reach max block while dual-wielding with affordable gear. And, of course, they get the dual-wield bonus and second weapon bonuses to make up for the loss of the shield stats. Try looking some builds up before telling me dual-wield loses just cos it has no shield.

And there is an army of ele dual-wielders, for the same reason that most wanders are ele builds as well - ele build is much easier to make successfully than a phys build. Just cos the top build that uses awesome gear is physical doesn't mean most builds are physical. Attack speed helps both builds, besides increasing mana usage. GGG obviously didn't want to help both builds. They want more players to try physical, instead of that being determined by whether you're an old player with cash or a new one.
Last edited by Exile009 on May 29, 2014, 12:21:49 PM
"
Chris wrote:
Version 1.1.4:

General Balance:
  • We have reduced the movement penalty that armour types have as follows:
  • Tower Shields now have a 3% movement speed penalty (the same as other shields) instead of 6%.
  • Body Armour now has a 3% movement penalty, with Strength or Strength/Intelligence armour having a 5% penalty, instead of 4% and 8% respectively.
  • Plate Vest only has a 3% movement speed penalty, rather than the 5% that other Strength armour has.

Tabula Rasa currently has 4% movement speed penalty. Is this intentional?
Seems weird, considering the above changes.
Spoiler
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
>physical
[Removed by Support] What's the fucking point of the change if it half fixes half of the problem?

Dual-wield doesn't have a problem in the first place. And the intention behind this is probably to make phys dual-wield more viable without GG gear. There's an army of ele dual-wielders out there already, so I hardly think they need more boosting. Complaining about nerfs is one thing, but complaining about buffs as well?! -__-

"
An army of ele dual wielders? Do you live a year ago when cleave was a thing? The buff is not done well at all, that's why I'm complaining. I understand that you didn't even bother trying to understand it, and just chased your dream of successfuly criticising someone on the internet, but even that didn't work out.

The buff is quite nice for phys builds, I actually like that, but I think it should be a bit more attack speed focused. Still, GGG has been ignoring weapon ele since it desperately needed changes, which is since the huge phys buff.

edit: And what sort of bullshit is that Dual-wield doesn't have a problem in the first place? It had a problem of not being good enough compared to a shield, and after the patch, that's only fixed for physical damage.

Making it viable without GG gear? It used to be a straight up 9-25% block loss, all shield stats loss, and 10% attack speed + implicit mod on weapon gain. The only thing that's really improved are numbers (for phys). Gear doesn't change anything about the comparison of sword and board and dual sword, you'll gain X% more damage and lose a shield. If you mean that you have to buy 2 weapons, then it's not very smart to describe it as "GG gear".

Lol. There's builds that reach max block while dual-wielding with affordable gear. And, of course, they get the dual-wield bonus and second weapon bonuses to make up for the loss of the shield stats. Try looking some builds up before telling me dual-wield loses just cos it has no shield.

And there is an army of ele dual-wielders, for the same reason that most wanders are ele builds as well - ele build is much easier to make successfully than a phys build. Just cos the top build that uses awesome gear is physical doesn't mean most builds are physical. Attack speed helps both builds, besides increasing mana usage. GGG obviously didn't want to help both builds. They want more players to try physical, instead of that being determined by whether you're an old player with cash or a new one.

Meh, I got trolled hard, 8/10. Should have realised something so stupid can't be serious.
What is this.. 4th account? Here since May 2012.

Switching to another account for this ladder
Last edited by Freesland2 on May 29, 2014, 12:26:23 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:

You mean an army of ele DUAL STRIKERS (which just got nerfed btw)? And the only reason my wander is dual wielding is because that's what I started as, and that's what I wanted the character to be. If I started a new character that I planned on having be an elemental wander, there's no way I'd make it a dual wielder with the current state of dual wielding.
"
elvenchakra wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

You mean an army of ele DUAL STRIKERS (which just got nerfed btw)? And the only reason my wander is dual wielding is because that's what I started as, and that's what I wanted the character to be. If I started a new character that I planned on having be an elemental wander, there's no way I'd make it a dual wielder with the current state of dual wielding.

Wait there's actually a large amount of ele dual strikers? Well, probably not anymore. Anyways, I'll actually try to go for a dual phys wander, it should actually be pretty viable, the dual wield nodes around duelist and ranger are really solid.
What is this.. 4th account? Here since May 2012.

Switching to another account for this ladder
Last edited by Freesland2 on May 29, 2014, 12:37:54 PM
Somebody already asked this but I don't think it was answered. I have 5 acton's just sitting in my stash un-run. Will running them now give me the benefit of the buff or is it only for new drops? I'm not about to divine an acton's just for the added benefits.
"
Freesland2 wrote:
"
elvenchakra wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

Wait there's actually a large amount of ele dual strikers? Well, probably not anymore. Anyways, I'll actually try to go for a dual phys wander, it should actually be pretty viable, the dual wield nodes around duelist and ranger are really solid.

I don't actually think there are an army of ele dual strikers, I was just pointing out that before this patch dual strike was the only viable skill to use while dual wielding (now cleave is viable, but not really anything else).
20% more physical..... hmmmm.... dual wield Doryani's Catalyst on Molten Strike. blammo!

fun patch. Dropped the unique flask last night with only 30min of play (didn't even know it was patch day). Now won't be around to play with new changes for several days :(
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
GFYD_Wolf_QQ wrote:
Somebody already asked this but I don't think it was answered. I have 5 acton's just sitting in my stash un-run. Will running them now give me the benefit of the buff or is it only for new drops? I'm not about to divine an acton's just for the added benefits.

I have a pre patch Olmec's which I was going to run.

But the post patch ones have a higher implicit value on them, so that's the buff and it won't be retro.

I'm not sure if the buff was applied the same to Acton's.
Casually casual.

"Fixed a bug where exploding strongboxes would not have a delay before they exploded."

So glad this is fixed, ripped me in 2wk charity event -.-
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info