1.1.4 Patch Notes

Why was the rarity change to uniques pushed back ? I was looking forward to that most
Sick patch!
IGN: Aphromatic
==> www.twitch.tv/aphromatic <==
PM me if you have any questions!
Last edited by Aphromatic on May 28, 2014, 9:01:15 PM
Thank you thank you thank you for fixing knockback bug!!!
"
Kamro wrote:
Why was the rarity change to uniques pushed back ? I was looking forward to that most

They are in, I have added a note at the bottom of the patch note post explaining they are in.

"
Qarl wrote:
"
Kamro wrote:

They are in, I have added a note at the bottom of the patch note post explaining they are in.

Cheers cant wait also i might have to finally level a Blender ;)
When will this be released?
"
Chris wrote:
  • We have added armour and weapon racks to the Barracks area. These chests drop only armour or only weapons respectively.
Boo! Hiss! No more challengeless lootable objects! Viva el Strongbox!
"
Chris wrote:
  • Players now receive a +20% physical damage multiplier while dual wielding.
  • We have reduced the damage of Dual Strike by 10%, but it's still higher than it was before because of the new dual wielding bonus. This particular skill was already very strong, and it benefited too greatly from the dual wielding buff. This change will make more skills viable to use while dual wielding, especially earlier in the game, and reward high physical damage one-handed weapons.
Interesting. I think increasing dual-wield attack speed to 20% or at least 15% (from 10%) and going with a 10% or 15% more damage bonus would have been better. I also think the fact that it's physical is quite strange, since that discourages elemental dual-wielding when I'm not sure it should be discouraged. Having more than just 10% as an attack speed bonus is important for skills like Reave (which I feel still isn't a "dual-wielding skill" even with this patch).

Still, I'd have to play with it before I could verify my suspicions. Also, I wish I would have thought of a "more damage" bonus myself; for some reason it never occurred to me as a suggestion, and it's a nice way to "top off" the buff the weapon style without overly jacking up the mana cost per unit time.
"
Chris wrote:
  • We have reduced the movement penalty that armour types have as follows:
  • Tower Shields now have a 3% movement speed penalty (the same as other shields) instead of 6%.
  • Body Armour now has a 3% movement penalty, with Strength or Strength/Intelligence armour having a 5% penalty, instead of 4% and 8% respectively.
  • Plate Vest only has a 3% movement speed penalty, rather than the 5% that other Strength armour has.
Out of the various changes in this patch, I think I like these the most. I've always had an aversion to pure Armour, um, armour because I just don't like moving slow. When starting a new character I used to go chestless rather than pick up a Plate Vest. Perhaps this will change things. Very good ideas here, especially from the "new player experience" perspective.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 28, 2014, 9:13:55 PM
"
Finnze14 wrote:
When will this be released?

I expect around midnight or so... EST.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Waves_blade wrote:
WOOT

Edit: Where is the unique item changes? Or are these just an early teaser as I don't see a *patch time is in the next so-and-so hours* part?

Ooops, these are in, but we missed them from the patch notes.

Good man.
"
Chris wrote:
  • Tower Shields now have a 3% movement speed penalty (the same as other shields) instead of 6%.
  • Body Armour now has a 3% movement penalty, with Strength or Strength/Intelligence armour having a 5% penalty, instead of 4% and 8% respectively.
  • Plate Vest only has a 3% movement speed penalty, rather than the 5% that other Strength armour has.

Too bad you guys changed that..
-patch by patch i lose my faith cause you doing those changes for the "new players".

Overall its an OK patch.
Beta Member Since 2010

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info