1.1.4 Patch Notes

I'm not seeing the reasoning behind the removal of chaos-over-time map affix. Not while blood magic affix is still a thing.

Also, can we just stop it with the x-ground mods?

They do nothing to bother avoiding (except chilled, chilled is a PitA), even if you wanted to avoid the ground, your character is rarely on client where it is on server.

They are, and always have been ever since it was just burning ground; an FPS tax.

Why not just add a mod that cuts your FPS by 60% and be honest about it.
Second thoughts, no, don't, it was a joke. Just get rid of these silly ground mods and stop adding more for crying out loud!!!

Thanks.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 29, 2014, 10:11:27 AM
really good patch ggg, i love you guys.

@community

why everyone jizz on these race rewards? the only really valuable item is "the taming", the rest isnt really worthful.

remember race season 6, there was an andvarius for 150 points and a lot more.

for me this race season is the lowest worthfuly race ever (okay, maybe race season 7 was less good)

so why everyone of you like these rewards? did i miss anything?
Last edited by crackred on May 29, 2014, 10:08:20 AM
"
crackred wrote:
really good patch ggg, i love you guys.

@community

why everyone jizz on these race rewards? the only really valuable item is "the taming", the rest isnt really worthful.

remember race season 6, there was an andvarius for 150 points and a lot more.

for me this race season is the lowest worthfuly race ever (okay, maybe race season 7 was less good)

so why everyone of you like these rewards? did i miss anything?

For many people, it's not about the items themselves as much as the alternate art designs. The designs are pretty badass this time. :)
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
I'm not seeing the reasoning behind the removal of chaos-over-time map affix. Not while blood magic affix is still a thing.

They do nothing to bother avoiding (except chilled, chilled is a PitA), even if you wanted to avoid the ground, your character is rarely on client where it is on server.

They are, and always have been ever since it was just burning ground; an FPS tax.

Second thoughts, no, don't, it was a joke. Just get rid of these silly ground mods and stop adding more for crying out loud!!!

Thanks.

All of the ground mods do something. Burning ground is a pain for ES chars cos it stops your ES from regenning. Chilled you've already noted. Shocked ground is very dangerous cos of the dmg increase on it. And finally, this new desecrated ground might do significant dmg when standing on it (unlike burning) since so many of us have -60 chaos resist (just like the chaos clouds used to before they were nerfed). Even if they don't hurt much, they'll still be a concern for the hybrid life/ES chars for whom GGG removed the Suffering mod.

I agree Blood Magic should be removed, tho. Having mods that are very difficult to do as certain builds is fine, but there should never be a map mod that is literally impossible to do for any build.
"
Chris wrote:

Players now receive a +20% physical damage multiplier while dual wielding.

>physical
[Removed by Support] What's the fucking point of the change if it half fixes half of the problem?
What is this.. 4th account? Here since May 2012.

Switching to another account for this ladder
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on May 29, 2014, 11:08:48 AM
I just am not gonna do races if the rewards are... terrible. I wouldn't buy any of those items if they cost 1 chaos man. Just bad.
"
Freesland2 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

>physical
[Removed by Support] What's the fucking point of the change if it half fixes half of the problem?

Dual-wield doesn't have a problem in the first place. And the intention behind this is probably to make phys dual-wield more viable without GG gear. There's an army of ele dual-wielders out there already, so I hardly think they need more boosting. Complaining about nerfs is one thing, but complaining about buffs as well?! -__-
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Thanks.

All of the ground mods do something. Burning ground is a pain for ES chars cos it stops your ES from regenning. Chilled you've already noted. Shocked ground is very dangerous cos of the dmg increase on it. And finally, this new desecrated ground might do significant dmg when standing on it (unlike burning) since so many of us have -60 chaos resist (just like the chaos clouds used to before they were nerfed). Even if they don't hurt much, they'll still be a concern for the hybrid life/ES chars for whom GGG removed the Suffering mod.

I agree Blood Magic should be removed, tho. Having mods that are very difficult to do as certain builds is fine, but there should never be a map mod that is literally impossible to do for any build.

Maybe before ES became life :)

Any way, we have half recovery and 0 recovery mods, do we really need an FPS taxing ES recovery ground effect?

We have temp chains mod, do we really need an FPS taxing slow ground effect?

We have monsters do extra damage mod, do we really need an FPS taxing +dmg taken effect.

Now chaos DoT mod removed and another fucking FPS taxing ground effect!!

OMG, I can see it now, whether BM is removed or not, FPS taxing freaking blood pools incoming.

RAAAAAGE!!!!! ;)
Casually casual.

"
Chris wrote:
EDIT: This patch also contains readjustments to unique chances for different uniques as described in the manifesto here.

Good update however you have a very long way to go if you want to appease the casual players. I just went 10 hours of playing without seeing a single unique! might have made 15 chaos during that time. Joke's on rng I guess!

You know, would it kill you people to have minimum per hour drops? 10 hours of nothing seems a little ridiculous. On another note of ridiculousness... ruined 7 uniques IN A ROW using vaal orbs on them... they all turned into useless rares. VN, wont be using them on anything worth anything anymore.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Freesland2 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

>physical

Dual-wield doesn't have a problem in the first place. And the intention behind this is probably to make phys dual-wield more viable without GG gear. There's an army of ele dual-wielders out there already, so I hardly think they need more boosting. Complaining about nerfs is one thing, but complaining about buffs as well?! -__-

An army of ele dual wielders? Do you live a year ago when cleave was a thing? The buff is not done well at all, that's why I'm complaining. I understand that you didn't even bother trying to understand it, and just chased your dream of successfuly criticising someone on the internet, but even that didn't work out.

The buff is quite nice for phys builds, I actually like that, but I think it should be a bit more attack speed focused. Still, GGG has been ignoring weapon ele since it desperately needed changes, which is since the huge phys buff.

edit: And what sort of bullshit is that Dual-wield doesn't have a problem in the first place? It had a problem of not being good enough compared to a shield, and after the patch, that's only fixed for physical damage.

Making it viable without GG gear? It used to be a straight up 9-25% block loss, all shield stats loss, and 10% attack speed + implicit mod on weapon gain. The only thing that's really improved are numbers (for phys). Gear doesn't change anything about the comparison of sword and board and dual sword, you'll gain X% more damage and lose a shield. If you mean that you have to buy 2 weapons, then it's not very smart to describe it as "GG gear".
What is this.. 4th account? Here since May 2012.

Switching to another account for this ladder
Last edited by Freesland2 on May 29, 2014, 12:03:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info