Rolling offcolors too punishing

"
Dryhumper wrote:
I love most parts of this game, but I really think you guys need to reconsider how difficult it is roll the correct offcolors on high-level gear. I thought the whole point of this game is to be able to play practically anything you can think of, but there are a lot of gem combinations that just cant happen with a specific armor type due to it being impossible to ever get the correct 5 offcolors. it would take tens of thousands of chroms, and a normal person just can't scrape that up in any reasonable time frame. I like that it's expensive to get 5 and 6 links, but requiring thousands of chroms after dumping tons of currency into a 5L or 6L is just too much. The RNG factor is too chaotic.

Since you know about offcolors, why don't you plan accordingly or plan your build and gear in a way, that you won't need that much offcolors, considering to red-blue a 6 linked dex item is insane (or stupid, or really expensive).
I've thought about the off colour issue and I tend to agree but only because I feel like GGG doesn't give the player enough options to work with the problem. Maybe they should introduce some kind of superior chromatic orb that ignores the armour type so the results wouldn't be weighted.
The root of the problem is that the mechanics has caused unnecessary frustration. Even rolling off-color sockets on a 4L helm, gloves, or boots is full of pain. There is really no way to gear oneself to avoid such frustration. All these RNG frustrations add up and eventually players quit (just like the OP).

Getting off colors can be quite frustrating. I just buy them with proper off colors if it takes an estimated 800+ chromes.

For example,bought this 4 off color alpha instead of trying to chrome my own

Last edited by kasub on May 19, 2014, 12:57:07 AM
"
kasub wrote:
Getting off colors can be quite frustrating. I just buy them with proper off colors if it takes an estimated 800+ chromes.

For example,bought this 4 off color alpha instead of trying to chrome my own

This is a solid plan.

What premium (cost you paid - usual cost for that helm) did you pay for the off-color configuration?

IGN: SplitEpimorphism
As has been said multiple times, the ratio's are important to have (shouldn't be equal across all items), but at the moment it is TOO strict.

Scrotie has actual ratio's, and I agree with his general math
"
What premium (cost you paid - usual cost for that helm) did you pay for the off-color configuration?

Traded my own(3 off color + perf evasion) + exa.
currently trying to get this
either RRGG or RRRG.So far only 200 chroms used,got 7 times 3 off colours.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
You want easy access to 75%+ offcolor sockets, take a minor to moderate defense hit and use a hybrid piece.

Id definitely like to see more deterministic options in the crafting system, but further randomizing socket colors hardly achieves that end.
IGN: KoTao
nevermind,got it 20 chroms later :P
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info