[1.2.0 updated] Dauemannen's Mjölner build - Facetank Everything

I get to following your tree attributes of passive and leaving some nodes block and life for future points.
My equipped items is similar to yours, I'm just linking
I get very fair with intelligence, and I had to add a loose passive +10 int, but soon the gloves will change with intelligence, life, and if I can some resistances, attack speed ......... as the attribute strength came with a belt

I have found it very difficult to make 2 red and 3 green in the cloak, how you spent for 3R3G chromatic?
Worth the cloak using a MOM? It has no life
It is true that 40% of incoming damage "eats" mana? or is only 10%? i dont understand this..

My boots have 5% points lower block in spell ........... have the maximum physical block and spell block?

gear
Spoiler
"
ILAYAS wrote:

I get to following your tree attributes of passive and leaving some nodes block and life for future points.
My equipped items is similar to yours, I'm just linking
I get very fair with intelligence, and I had to add a loose passive +10 int, but soon the gloves will change with intelligence, life, and if I can some resistances, attack speed ......... as the attribute strength came with a belt

You should definitely get some new gloves, maybe with both int and str. I you're using +10 int nodes that's a big waste. If you're missing a lot of block you might want to use Atziri's Foible or Astramentis instead of the Anvil. Attack speed on gloves isn't that important.

"

I have found it very difficult to make 2 red and 3 green in the cloak, how you spent for 3R3G chromatic?

I spent almost 2000 chromatics on 3G3R. I calculated the average needed to about 900, so I was a bit unlucky. I would not advice trying 2G3R on a 5L. A good solution could be using Lightning Strike (GMP + Chain + Faster attacks + Multistrike) in the 5L and Cyclone (Multistrike + Life on hit + Faster Attacks/Blind) in a 4L, sacrificing your second CWDT item.

"

Worth the cloak using a MOM? It has no life
It is true that 40% of incoming damage "eats" mana? or is only 10%? i dont understand this..

It's 40%. It's 30% from MoM and another 10% on top of that. With my 4200 life that's effectively 7000 IF I have 2800 mana free. Keep in mind it only works against hits, and not against damage over time, which is part of the reason Corruptign Blood is very deadly.

"

My boots have 5% points lower block in spell ........... have the maximum physical block and spell block?

Once you get all your block nodes you should fix this. If you get 25% from Rainbowstride and 60% from Rathpith you'll get 75% spellblock. The difference from 75% to 70% is huge, from 50% to 47% is a lot less.
There is a workaround to add some more block, Tempest shield with additional 4%, and increased lightning damage..
you tried vaal arc as second arc skill?
How does this build fare against physical damage?

Seems like you'd have fairly low armor with this build and gear setup, but I would imagine the block mitigates a large portion of that.

Would it be worthwhile to make your way to IR and run a grace?
IGN: Ghured
Block, Blind and Arctic Armour. Arctic Armour is awesome against small hits, and against big hits armour isn't that good anyway. Block and Blind are, though.

Grace and IR would not be worth it (IMO) because it wastes precious passive points and takes up mana needed for Cloak of Defiance.

Edit: @Ilayas: Tempest Shield is good but I'd rather have the mana. If you're close to the block cap go for it. Vaal Arc will not work. It will only trigger once for every 64(?) enemies you kill.
Last edited by Dauemannen on Jun 7, 2014, 6:14:47 AM
Vaal arc need 32 souls.. it is a problem waiting ....

have you tried other dexterity skills?
Frenzy. spectral throw ....
strength
Ground slam, shield charge?
Cyclone works really well ... a shame the desync!

Do you think will use iron instead of lightining penetration?
By my count, it would +80-85% increase spell dmg (400-430 str) + 15% spell dmg with quality gem... red socket would have room for the possibility of putting the life leech..in certain situations..
Last edited by ILAYAS on Jun 10, 2014, 4:10:38 AM
Yesterday was my lucky day!!
50-100 crhomatics...and 5L under 10 fusing...

level 84 and I can say that the best skill is cyclone .... is the most hits and which gives life gets more per hit...
The reason we use Lightning strike, molten strike and Cyclone is they give the maximum number of hits per use. Most other skills only give one hit per use.

It would actually be better to use a third Arc gem rather than Iron Will. We use Lightning penetration because it's better against resist. Regarding life leech, I've found it to be of very limited use. It would only be slightly useful single target, and those guys tend to have a lot of resistance.

And grats on your 5L. Though in your situation aI would probably use Lightning Strike in the 5L with GGGRR, and Cyclone in a 4L for single target. In my Precinct and Shrine yoy can see how efficient it is.
"
Dauemannen wrote:
The reason we use Lightning strike, molten strike and Cyclone is they give the maximum number of hits per use. Most other skills only give one hit per use.

It would actually be better to use a third Arc gem rather than Iron Will. We use Lightning penetration because it's better against resist. Regarding life leech, I've found it to be of very limited use. It would only be slightly useful single target, and those guys tend to have a lot of resistance.

And grats on your 5L. Though in your situation aI would probably use Lightning Strike in the 5L with GGGRR, and Cyclone in a 4L for single target. In my Precinct and Shrine yoy can see how efficient it is.

+1

Thanks for your advice.

I'm testing other support gems like added chaos damage and added ligthining dmg, and go well. The better is ligthining penetration, but I think the curse can do without it.
On the main attack, cyclone is fine, but I can not master it and can die because of this situation and desync.
Prefer molten strike / ligthining strike, even for a single target
The downside is that you can not adapt to build MF. you can not touch many items to give iiR and iiQ

i'm still very happy with this build. thank you
Now nivel 90 reach 91.. temble Atziri!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info