[1.2.0 updated] Dauemannen's Mjölner build - Facetank Everything

Amaazing build !! I do this build on my Marauder, and it's work, now i can facetank dom palace map 78 without flask :D Thanks alot !!

My gear

Passive Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwLYQz3ES0ZLhmFGjIabB0UJDwkqicvJ6kn7SjFLJwtHzbpPC09_ESrRZ1HfklRTDVPfVFgU99VrlXGWGNY21nzWm1eE18_YEthIWVNZp5nm20ZbmlwfXKpdO14DXloeqp673yDfNl-WX_GgFaCHoTZhO-Mz46-j0aPppBVksGa4KC0oqOkrKcIp1yplayqrK-4k7yfvoq-p8AawQTB88OGxBXEuMT2xtjN-s9l0NDUj9X42t3bC9-w4urjauOf5FHnkenV6-7vDvIv8wbzvvPd9kj60vuq

ATM i got lv 89, so ill try to get more lvl to finish my build.
Build is truly amazing, can also be modified to have 5 endurance charges for people who like to do self cast IC which also make the build safer against the Atziri trio.
Hi everybody. I've not been playing the game for a while as I'm away from my gaming computer for the summer. I do check the forums once in a while, and just checked this thread again. If anyone has questions or anything I'll get around to answering them, but it may take a while. I'll start playing again with the new 4 month leagues in August, but unless I find a Mjölner or something this build will be out of my league for a while. I will update the thread, and test it in standard, especially if I see a lot of interest.

"
ILAYAS wrote:
I'm testing other support gems like added chaos damage and added ligthining dmg, and go well. The better is ligthining penetration, but I think the curse can do without it.
On the main attack, cyclone is fine, but I can not master it and can die because of this situation and desync.
Prefer molten strike / ligthining strike, even for a single target
The downside is that you can not adapt to build MF. you can not touch many items to give iiR and iiQ

i'm still very happy with this build. thank you
Now nivel 90 reach 91.. temble Atziri!!

I use Penetration because it's a lot better in the worst case scenario of an overcapped high life single target situation. Against 75% resist it's 140% more damage when you need it most (level 20/0q). Against 0% resist a third Arc is the best alternative at 50% more damage, but Penetration is not far behind at 35% more, and better with quality.

My experience as well is that Molten Strike is the best allround attack, while Lightning Strike is best at aoe. Desync from Cyclone of course varies a lot with your connection and computer, but I found it to be very manage on open maps, and terrible in places like Academy.

Regarding MF, I gave up on it a while ago. Yes I could get a bit currency per hour, but to me it's not worth it to gimp my character. I get a lot more enjoyment out fo the game creating my character as strong as possible. I guess it's as simple as if you like MF this build is not for you.

"
kenqminh wrote:
Amaazing build !! I do this build on my Marauder, and it's work, now i can facetank dom palace map 78 without flask :D Thanks alot !!

My gear

Passive Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwLYQz3ES0ZLhmFGjIabB0UJDwkqicvJ6kn7SjFLJwtHzbpPC09_ESrRZ1HfklRTDVPfVFgU99VrlXGWGNY21nzWm1eE18_YEthIWVNZp5nm20ZbmlwfXKpdO14DXloeqp673yDfNl-WX_GgFaCHoTZhO-Mz46-j0aPppBVksGa4KC0oqOkrKcIp1yplayqrK-4k7yfvoq-p8AawQTB88OGxBXEuMT2xtjN-s9l0NDUj9X42t3bC9-w4urjauOf5FHnkenV6-7vDvIv8wbzvvPd9kj60vuq

ATM i got lv 89, so ill try to get more lvl to finish my build.

Great to see it can work as Marauder too. You get a lot less mana regen and a bit less mana. How are you coping with that? I imagine Arctic Armour drains pretty fast when you're running, but good enough to keep you up with lightning warp? Other than that, great gear and everything.

"
Build is truly amazing, can also be modified to have 5 endurance charges for people who like to do self cast IC which also make the build safer against the Atziri trio.

Yeah, just two more pasive points. Of course it's a matter of choice and everything, but I rarely bother with endurance charges past CWDT. The other defences are so strong it's rarely worth the bother. I know a hardcore player would kill me for this, but it's not really a big problem for me to die once in a while when I do Atziri. Even when I fuck royally up portals are never a problem, and I don't do level 70 maps to level up anyway. Also, 2 more endurance charges would not make much of a difference in that fight. I don't get a lot charges as the adds always die.
Last edited by Dauemannen on Jul 19, 2014, 8:29:43 PM
Thanks for your build, it's great. I have one small question is that iron will or lightning penetration, which is better. I have 20/20 iron will and with 440 strength = 88% will apply to spell + 15% spell damage because 20% quality = 103%. While penetration as I understand is - maximum resistance of enemy.
"
discy2524 wrote:
Thanks for your build, it's great. I have one small question is that iron will or lightning penetration, which is better. I have 20/20 iron will and with 440 strength = 88% will apply to spell + 15% spell damage because 20% quality = 103%. While penetration as I understand is - maximum resistance of enemy.

I made this reply in the post above you:

"
I use Penetration because it's a lot better in the worst case scenario of an overcapped high life single target situation. Against 75% resist it's 140% more damage when you need it most (level 20/0q). Against 0% resist a third Arc is the best alternative at 50% more damage, but Penetration is not far behind at 35% more, and better with quality.

Iron Will is worse than a third Arc. If you're using the same skill tree as me, you should have 82% increased spell damage. In addition to that Rathpith Globe gives 40-60% increased. if you're in the middle of that bracket, you have 132% increased spell damage.

In that case, Iron Will gives 103/232 = 0.444 = 44.4% more damage.

A 20/20 Lightning Penetration against 0% gives 242/232 * 1.35 - 1 = 0.408 = 40.8% more damages.

So it's the same as with a third Arc. Penetration is slightly worse against 0% resist, but a whole lot better against high resistance, which is when it really matters.
hi,

i watched all your videos and i think the build and gearset you came up with is amazing and the playstyle looks like fun too. iam collecting the gear for it right now.

i have two questions:
have you experimented with the static blows and shock on hit nodes before or is there no way to get some bosses shocked with this build due the lack of dmg per hit with this build?

have you ever tried some dual whild mjölner action before, since one of youre friends also has the hammer. iam sure it would be a fun video to watch :D
"
Inos wrote:

have you ever tried some dual whild mjölner action before, since one of youre friends also has the hammer. iam sure it would be a fun video to watch :D

Rathpith Globe is the most important piece of equipment.
If you fail to block, the build falls
I used two Mjölner, and the first confrontation with reflex elemental damage, died...

I put the link of my video
Sorry, there is commented in Spanish

Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVC8pAAqVrU

"
Inos wrote:
hi,

i watched all your videos and i think the build and gearset you came up with is amazing and the playstyle looks like fun too. iam collecting the gear for it right now.

i have two questions:
have you experimented with the static blows and shock on hit nodes before or is there no way to get some bosses shocked with this build due the lack of dmg per hit with this build?

1) I have not experimented with it, but I have thought about it. On bosses you're right it won't matter at all, and if so only on those with very low hp. But it would make a slight difference against rares. We make a lot of small hits, which means that the 20% shock chance with a quality Arc is enough to shock stack an enemy pretty fast unless it's very close to the threshold, which is 1% of their maximum life. Here a higher shock chance would be very useful, but I think taking the 3 lightning damage nodes in the Witch area would result in more overall clear speed. I haven't made any proper calculations, though. Also, I prefer to take the extra pints for defences.

2) What Ilayas says is correct. Also, I would like to add that the "50% chance to cast socketed Lightning spells on hit" is local. So all you wold really gain with a second Mjölner is 10% more attack speed.
Any plan for up coming 1.2?
I have been looking at a few builds for 1.2.0. The biggest problem for this particular build is that we can't get as much strength as we used to from the tree. So we'll need more from gear instead, which is a problem when we use so many uniques. It should be possible to get all the strength we need but it will be a lot harder than previously. I'll get around to posting a tree soon.

I've also been looking at a hybrid life/ES version, which looks a lot more interesting. It will still have capped block and spell block with the Anvil and will have a lot bigger buffer than now. We'll use ghost reaver and 1-2% lightning leech from gear (belt + neck) to replenish shield and life on hit to replenish life. A lot of the gear can be used for both builds bu we'll need a new chest piece (Saintly or Carnal) as well as new rings. I'll post that soon as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info