Salvaging CI - Suggestions open to discussion

"
anubite wrote:

4. Introduce a new jewelry base item type that gives flat ES (neck or ring)

Very much this.

The game could really use some diversity in the jewelry department.
My two cents:
Buff the keystone so that 25% of the character's original maximum hitpoints now goes to energy shield.

Any spec into hitpoints is still 75% wasted (nobody in their right mind would get health nodes in a CI build), but it gives CI the love that it needs.

"
HollowedOnes wrote:
What if rather than dropping health to 1 you take a hit to all elemental resist(-25%) and/or physical damage is increased by 25%.

That way instead of losing health your trading immunity from one annoying and powerful element for vulnerability in others.

I would also suggest that Blood Rage and other skills that inflict damage on the user be changed from Chaos damage to a "Self-inflicted" damage type that CI would not grant immunity from.

That's an interesting idea but I don't think they want to overcomplicate the CI keystone. I seriously doubt changing the wording on CI is going to fix CI. All CI users need is a means to acquire more ES or mechanics that can make refreshing/restoring ES easier.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
HollowedOnes wrote:
What if rather than dropping health to 1 you take a hit to all elemental resist(-25%) and/or physical damage is increased by 25%.

That way instead of losing health your trading immunity from one annoying and powerful element for vulnerability in others.

I would also suggest that Blood Rage and other skills that inflict damage on the user be changed from Chaos damage to a "Self-inflicted" damage type that CI would not grant immunity from.

Sounds interesting, but the elemental resistance reduction would have to hit "maximum elemental resistance". That is, the resistance cap of 75% would be reduced to 50% (in effect, the opposite of what the Elemental Adaption passive does). A simple reduction wouldn't be enough, since getting elemental resistance through passives and items is quite easy.
Last edited by HealthRex on Feb 3, 2013, 5:18:48 PM
"
HealthRex wrote:
"
HollowedOnes wrote:

Sounds interesting, but the elemental resistance reduction would have to hit "maximum elemental resistance". That is, the resistance cap of 75% would be reduced to 50% (in effect, the opposite of what the Elemental Adaption passive does). A simple reduction wouldn't be enough, since getting elemental resistance through passives and items is quite easy.

You know Taking CI now you get huge hit on elemental resistances now. Even with 80% resists unless you stack useless life and get lower ES reserve as result, you would be shocked and frozen even from weakest crits for maximum time of 6 seconds,and even weakest burn/bleed delays time by 6 seconds. So have fun with 50%.
(1)
"
HollowedOnes wrote:
I'd rather keep the 1 maximum life penalty - it feels like a very characterising feature, requiring the player to commit to the very decision of allocating a skillpoint to this keystone or not.

(2)
"
glovedust wrote:
My two cents:
Buff the keystone so that 25% of the character's original maximum hitpoints now goes to energy shield.
I like this one - but I believe it offers poor synergy to (almost) any other passives/skills in a Chaos Inoculation build. I'd prefer Chaos Inoculation to provide Ghost Reaver or caster builds with atleast some additonal (but subtle) incentive.

(3) Please consider the follwoing suggestion:

Add three interlinking passive nodes between Eldritch Battery and Chaos Inoculation (just like there are three nodes between Hex Master and Whispers of Doom).

• The one linked to Eldritch Battery is a Life Regeneration node, providing 1%? of Life regenerated per second.
  • The one linked to Chaos Inoculation is an Energy Shield Delay node, increasing Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery by 10%.
  • The one lying inbetween is an Energy Shield node, granting 8% increased maximum Energy Shield.

-> Thus two additional ES related nodes are "gated" behind these two keystones (requiring the player to pick one or the other to get there), while a little Life Regeneration - which also is gated behind the very same two keystones - may provide a Chaos Inoculation build with some Zealot's Oath synergy (two major strength nodes are nearby for noncaster or VA-totem builds) and an Eldritch Battery build with some survivability.

-> A Chaos Inoculation build however is required to also pick the two Energy Shield related nodes to gain access to the Life Regeneration node (both of which are boosting a CI build, but need additional skillpoints).

-> An Eldritch Battery build gains accesss to another ES node to get some additional mana in return (concerning balance: The ES Delay node and the ES node could be swapped to raise some opportunity costs).
[The Prison] Crawl a text-based dungeon - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/26299
Last edited by Azhubham on Feb 3, 2013, 6:39:54 PM
Well, as I mentioned in this thread, I think Eldritch Battery is misplaced where it is right now and adding some Life regen won't change anything about it.
In fact, an Eldritch Battery build on a Witch or Shadow needs +%maxLife first and foremost. Life regen would be a nice extra (at best) and even then Life Leech is way more efficient since both classes are DPS.
Last edited by HealthRex on Feb 3, 2013, 7:20:12 PM
We have an overabundance of % life regen nodes as it is, I'd rather see flat regen if anything, near ZO/CI.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
From the patch notes and players reply, it seems to me that the reason CI is considered OP and thus nerfed is because it combos very well. I think a good compromise will be to keep CI as it is currently but allow players to get back the lost ES % with a catch of course.

Some new nodes will be placed after CI. They will be as such.
1) Armour is reduced to 0. Gain x% ES.

2) Evasion is reduced to 0. Cannot dodge. Gain x% ES.

3) Cannot block. Gain x% ES.
"
FateAnomaly wrote:
From the patch notes and players reply, it seems to me that the reason CI is considered OP and thus nerfed is because it combos very well. I think a good compromise will be to keep CI as it is currently but allow players to get back the lost ES % with a catch of course.

Some new nodes will be placed after CI. They will be as such.
1) Armour is reduced to 0. Gain x% ES.

2) Evasion is reduced to 0. Cannot dodge. Gain x% ES.

3) Cannot block. Gain x% ES.
#2 would be auto-include. #3 would never be used. #1 would depend on user's like or dislike of granite flasks, fairly variable. See my post earlier on how/why CI was OP in CB.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 4, 2013, 1:03:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info