[1.2] Sidra's Guide: Acrobatics Based Physical Crit Split Arrow Ranger (Atziri Kill Video Inside)

Hey Sidra,

thank you for writing this nice guide! It has led me to try my first ever Bow character (in over 2 years of playing POE, this is saying something hehehe).
For now I'm pretty much following your tree, but using Puncture instead of Frenzy for single target. I won't drop the Frenzy nodes, however - instead I plan to use Blooddancers to generate my frenzy charges and get some sick regen (at 6 frenzies 6% + 1% from tree = a whopping 7%).

I am playing in Beyond, so any extra defense I can get will be very handy indeed.

I'm using Elreon's Jewellery for levelling to get rid of the mana cost, and Ice shot cause it looks damn cool. I fear Ice shot won't work with this build though later, am I correct?
What would I have to change to be able to use Ice shot instead of SA, or is it even possible?

Sorry, I am a bow noob :D

Gear at lvl34:

Spoiler
Okay, so I saw the light and stuck with SA ;) It does get amazing after a while hehehe..

Gear at 57, with the chest waiting for me to level hehe

Spoiler

No major trouble with reflect yet, but I haven't taken many crit nodes yet. Chance is at 35,4% so I'm sure its gonna go to 50 with all the nodes. At some point I will need a better bow ofc (it was 1c). Apart from the belt, everything is selffound or was very cheap. The chest I crafted in 7 alts, 1 aug and 1 regal. So total investment is under 15c as of now. I love it!

Using the Blooddancers works well, too. I can outregen chaos auras from beyond mobs, and even bleed/CB for now. Definitely worth the loss of HP/IAS in my eyes.

I've been playing for a bit with my friend, who is an Aura B....ot ;P And I have to say this must be one of the most pushable builds out there. My damage triples with him around, to levels where ele reflect is getting a bit scary :P He's running Hatred/Haste/Anger/Wrath and whatnot. Lol.

So, assuming I don't rip, I'll keep you guys posted.
Last edited by therealjcool on Oct 23, 2014, 7:49:44 PM
Did you buy your bow or craft it?

I've got this, not sure what to do with it:

The tyrannical i'll use for getting 320 dps bow from masters craft (currently use Infractem, but need leech and more dps. Would i be right if i say, that 320 harbinger will give me more than Infractem?). Got also a couple thousands od alts, not sure if i will be able to catch tyrannical + flat phys with them. What would you say?

Gear:
Spoiler
ING: UnstructuredNoise, StructuredNoise, ThreeSixFive
Last edited by Impala_67 on Nov 3, 2014, 1:11:24 AM
I bought mine, after wasting 1000 alts trying to get decent double phys roll :P
Any 8%+ crit Harbinger with 300+ pDPS will be a lot better than Infractem. Also you need the leech, so you can't really use that bow IMO.

I didn't rip yet btw :) Haven't been playing much, but it's going... 76 in Beyond now, current gear:

Spoiler

I really need to 5L the bow to get even more OP puncture. God I love puncture. Best skill in the game, at least for beyond league.
So.. I just ripped. Daaaaamn :(
Megaera, Crematorium. Same as Sidra. Oh well. fun while it lasted.
Thanks again for the guide.

Gear at rip (lvl83):

Spoiler
Could anyone help me?
I'm following this guide, but there must be something wrong with my character because I'm level 79 and I only have 4700 dps :(

this is my bow, which is an end game bow (don't mind the melee spalsh, I'm just levelling it)

my other gear is quite crappy but I don't think that's the problem.

Spoiler

This guide shows only defence stats, but considering that he has 17k damage with split arrow and 52k with frenzy, his dps must be very high.

My frenzy has only 9k damage and split arrow even less - just 5k

I'm following the skill tree step by step, so I don't think that's the problem either.

Any idea?
Use faster attack instead of faster projectile on your frenzy. It's important to build up frenzy charges quickly. Also Asidra's listed dps is with all charges up.

What's you crit chance?
can you provide your tree?
You also forgot to link your rings and amulet.

Your quiver is plain bad. This is a spot where you can really stack a lot of dps. Look for something with more than crit multi and either crit chance, attack speed, good flat physical damage or weapon elemental damage.

your increase crit damage gems are still low level. This gem is really powerful. There's a huge difference between lvl 14 and 20/20. Faster attack and split arrow also gain a lot from quality.

In your helmet, order of linking is important. In clockwise order, put cwdt, enduring cry and immortal call. This way a charge is generated and is consumed by immortal call. With your current setup your IC has no charge to use and thus is extremely short.

edit:

I finally decided to go visit Atziri:

got her with one death on flameblast at the very end of second phase.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Nov 22, 2014, 12:31:23 PM
Here's the link to my tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4BvAMeBbUGIwguCpsM8hUgFr8Zjh9BIXYj9iT9JpUqCypNLOkwcTB8MZ4x-jKUNZI2PTnUOkI64T8nSn1KyEt4TZJN41FHVUtW-luvYeJirGegbIxtbG6qb_JwUnDVdvd313jrfXV_An8rhs6HdonTjDaNfY2_kAqVBZuNnaqgn6XLplem4Kc0r6e1SLXywJzBM8LszqjTftQj1orYvdnG3Q3dqOOE5wrnVO2D73ryRfPq9qP8xf4K_o_-uv_e

and my rings/amulet:
Spoiler

I'll search for a better quiver and I'll add a bit of quality to my split arrow, while levelling up the increase crit damage.
Thanks for your useful advice :)

These 4 points are wasted:

refund them to advance further in the tree. For example get the missing frenzy charge and dive in the direction of aspect of eagle. If you need strength, take the +30 Beef node.

Your amulet is quite good. It has no life but it also have a nice legacy crit multi roll and good res. I think you can keep it. Your rings are a bit low however. Here are some example of rings that could help you:

http://poe.trade/search/ukotamonasamaz (with ll)
http://poe.trade/search/itumikihusamoo (with accuracy)
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Nov 23, 2014, 12:06:02 PM
thanks a lot!
I'll refund those points at once and then I'll try to get a better equipment and see if things improve a little :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info