Two Week Ambush/Invasion Charity Race

i think i will look abit tired at mothers day. worth it !
Lets do this!!
My goal lvl 35 at the least :3 my record for Hardcore is 30 this will be fun... ^_^
Question, by Private does that mean we cant share what we learn?
Been waiting for this since it was announced, time to get back into PoE, so done with D3 now (again)!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Last edited by CrazylikE on May 9, 2014, 7:33:37 PM
"
Waves_blade wrote:
Question, by Private does that mean we cant share what we learn?

I guess it's possible that they could have you sign a NDA before the call lol, but I have a feeling that it just means that it will just be a "private" conversation with you and the devs.
ก็็็็็็็็็็IGN:Varanice(90 EA Marauder); Aura_Amoureux (8X LL Aurastack Cyclone Scion)
Softore Shop Thread #665265 -Uniques, Race Rewards, Gems, and more.
I also play LLD PvP in SC, and race as Witch or occasionally Scion.
www.twitch.tv/varanice
I've never done either a race or hardcore before, so while I prefer to just do my own thing solo I figured I may as well take part in this for the sake of the charity it's all aimed at.

Big problem is that I have no idea regarding how these races work, other than the fact I know from the preamble that it's hardcore. I always thought a 'race' as such meant that all parties were together in the same instance and were basically in competition to accumulate the most points, levels, etc while competing directly for kills and so on - a bit like parties, but competitive. But I gather from the write-up that it's more like a bicycle time-trial, with each person doing their own thing solo to position themselves as high as they can on the leader board?

What I don't understand is this. If everyone starts from scratch, can't use any of their existing characters, stash, or currency to try and buy good gear, and basically is required to progress with whatever they find (which is a good thing I guess to try and keep the field as level as possible) doesn't it also then become something of a lottery depending on who has the good fortune to find particular gear to benefit their build? Or do GGG set races up so that each person gets the same 'finds' made available to them and it comes down to how you use the items and set up the passive skill tree?

Sorry if I sound so dense where all this is concerned - just never gone anywhere near the races before! I'm not looking to seriously compete, trust me. I'd be happy to just make it up to level 15 - 20 or so without being killed!
"
timbo1959 wrote:
I've never done either a race or hardcore before, so while I prefer to just do my own thing solo I figured I may as well take part in this for the sake of the charity it's all aimed at.

Big problem is that I have no idea regarding how these races work, other than the fact I know from the preamble that it's hardcore. I always thought a 'race' as such meant that all parties were together in the same instance and were basically in competition to accumulate the most points, levels, etc while competing directly for kills and so on - a bit like parties, but competitive. But I gather from the write-up that it's more like a bicycle time-trial, with each person doing their own thing solo to position themselves as high as they can on the leader board?

What I don't understand is this. If everyone starts from scratch, can't use any of their existing characters, stash, or currency to try and buy good gear, and basically is required to progress with whatever they find (which is a good thing I guess to try and keep the field as level as possible) doesn't it also then become something of a lottery depending on who has the good fortune to find particular gear to benefit their build? Or do GGG set races up so that each person gets the same 'finds' made available to them and it comes down to how you use the items and set up the passive skill tree?

Sorry if I sound so dense where all this is concerned - just never gone anywhere near the races before! I'm not looking to seriously compete, trust me. I'd be happy to just make it up to level 15 - 20 or so without being killed!

It's just basically a 2 week league, kinda like the 4 month leagues. There are people that will be at the top making parties/groups that will help each other out. You can definitely play this solo, a lot will.
We are ready to BLOW!!!

Lets get the party started! :)

Good luck everyone.
@Illsick. Thanks for that. Appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info