Comprehensive CoC Analysis - 1.2 Theorycrafting

Yes, all your arguments make sense, we agree.

Hybrid is just a different build (but honestly, i think a COC build should by definition OS everything, so i don't really see the point of hybrid dmg).

And about using two setup, i was lazy talking about it.

That's one of the thing i like with bow over wands: you can have two 6 links. But that will make the price rocket upward again (5 link might cut it depending of what you want though). But what i mean is that you don't need wasting slots with the setup i was talking about.

And the clear speed in the video is not excellent honestly (73 map, but i guess he doesn't have a lot of stuff). Once again you need expensive bow to clear fast once again=> not necessary on wand.

SA is good for sure, but I think its best potential is not in COC builds.

Auto target is op in this game that's for sure.

PCOC is enough for cold snap btw??????? it generate only like 2/3 of a charge by critical action normally... The guy in the video is using it? Would be curious to know that.

I am planning a discharge COC build btw. To be followed xD
Last edited by A1b2y3s4s on Jul 12, 2014, 9:05:38 PM
I think he does use a Voll's, but I did okay with just PCoC since those extra 3 hits per arrow still count as crits, even though they don't proc CoC. Discharger is pretty powerful indeed but not very party friendly.
"
Discharger is pretty powerful indeed but not very party friendly.

Yes... what a shame...

Pcoc proc from what? the lightning arrow 3 additional procs? Would need to test that, that would be interesting!

GMP is not diminushing the damage of projectiles btw, it is actually multiplying their damage by 2.5 most of the time. I know it has a 0.5 less damage factor, but i have tested the attack speed and it is actually an exact 2 times more projectile per time unit (i am firing 30 barrage per 15 seconds, be it with GMP or without, and it gives double the projectiles) and then you have 5 projectiles that shotgun (even when if you are not facetanking one millimeter away, because of the explosion of fireball and arctic breath).
Hrm...just went and tested it to make sure I'm not talking out of my ass. I'm only getting one Power Charge per Lightning Arrow if I take off all other supports, so it must be either proccing off of GMP or Chain and not using it up for Cold Snaps, or proccing the charges back with Cold Snap crits. Either way, Cold Snap is sustainable with PCoC, you just wouldn't maintain max charges like you would with a Voll's, so you would only do this if your crit chance was already really high.

I agree GMP Fireball/Arctic Breath with spell damage is the most optimized way to DPS, but I'm not sure it's end game viable without Vaal Pact to counter Elemental Reflect. Dying is a bitch when it starts to take like 20 maps to level.
Last edited by feyith on Jul 13, 2014, 9:41:22 PM
I did several 77 maps without dying, but y reflect is hard (and reflect maps impossible). I don't die immediatly before realising reflect are there, most of the time, but still, it happens that i die to reflect in some bad conditions (vaal grace + phase acro helps a lot)... I am still to die from lightning thorn though, even when i go like i absolutly don't care, dunno why (maybe because they die too fast to cast it?).

For LA and COC, i checked it again, and clearly it does not work, i did put a comment about that on the thread of your friend COC.
Last edited by A1b2y3s4s on Jul 14, 2014, 11:22:37 AM
There are ways to counter reflect besides vaal pact. A simple CwDT + quality/leveled immortal call + increased duration + enduring cry is enough to do phys reflect maps. AA stops physical and fire reflect. Aegis with spellblock can also completely nullify reflect damage (with max spellblock and high armor, you're actually healing yourself vs reflect).
Yes but all that does not work with double wand + ele damage. Aegis + wand is a good idea and might work in some sort of build, but definitly it is impossible in mine.
For the 1 month SC race, I'm playing wand barrage->CoC->GMP->Arc->Ice spear->LifeLeech while conduiting all charges, with EB/AA/MoM, Vaal pact, and Grace+IR for defenses. Feels pretty strong, but I think I'm spending ~1/3 to 1/2 of my time just making charges, rather than attacking with my CoC attack. I'm only lvl69 at the time of this post, and not done gearing the character. Will post updates.
I got to lvl80, dying a few times in maps. Once to lightning thorns at the end of Promenade. 2-3 times to corrupting blood. And then once to just some big mob hitting me. I have 3.2k hp (kinda low), Grace+IR and EB+AA. I'd also add MoM to that if I had a 6L Cloak. Double ele reflect was no problem with topaz up. AA nullifies any reflect from fireballs. I didn't end up setting up 2 CwDT links as I had planned, but no IC wasn't too bad.

Lvl80 Passive tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAB2MI9A0CDkgOXBB0EZYVIBmGHNwelCQ8JpUnqSmlKjgqTSzpLR8tRzGINZI6sz8nRX5GcUlRSn1KyEtJTLNOKlAwUEJVS1YtVytabVuvW_Re-mKsY0NnoGwWbRlte26qb55wUnDVcsNzU3i6eQN_xoIQgh6DCYPbh3aI8Yw2kyedo52qn3uio6dcqW6rC6w_rEesf7QMtUi18sAZwFHAVMHzwzrKSswGznHQOdad2wvbXtxX3Q3fsOOE6yzz6vxL_Kv8xQ==

Gear
Hey,

so I tried to copy your build from page 1 quick & dirty. Had an unused Scion and figured, what the heck, if it sucks I can always wait for the upcoming reset :P
Plus, I always wanted to play a discharger! Silly as those may be, I just love the booooom mechanics :D

That said, I am having a few issues. Docks kinda works, but even 66 maps are hard with huge dmg spikes and ofc the desync caused by cyclone... Also, I am constantly out of mana even when popping a flask. Really not used to constantly popping mana flasks, is there some other way?

The gear I had in stash or stole from other chars, so it's probably mostly crap :P The 5L Voll's I bought, with the correct 3 off-colors.

Spoiler
gear:

So... advice appreciated.
Your last post starts from witch now, btw?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info