Comprehensive CoC Analysis - 1.2 Theorycrafting

Your first problem is that your weapons don't have crit on them. I'd say the local crit mod (the one that says "x% increased critical strike chance")on your weapons is the most important mod on your weapon. Without enough consistent damage, you're probably not healing enough off of leech to be very tanky.

Next, your spells are also fairly low leveled. As with any spell-based build, your damage scales heavily off of the level of your gem.

Also, a CwDT-IC-ID setup would help.

As for flasks, that build on the 1st post is completely dependent on constantly mashing flasks, and you'll probably have to also mash flasks if you want something similar. Know that if you're using cyclone, long cyclone strokes are more mana efficient than short strokes.

Yeah. The wand barrager I made started as witch.
First of all: Hype for 1.2!

Looking at the Garena patch notes, the new tree, and whatever else has been posted on reddit, there looks to be tremendous changes for CoC characters in general. I'll quickly list out what changes I see.

Crit changes in the passive tree

Global-
~Shadow's Assassination blob: 100%/20% for 4 pts -> 110%/35% for 5 pts [Spell Power (30% multi for spells) is removed]
+Shadow's Depth Perception blob gets 40% crit (Loses 4% Accuracy)
-Shadow's Bloodthirst blob removed
-Shadow's Mental Acuity 30% -> Trickery 20%
+Scion's 3x15% (45% for 3) -> 2x15%+50%/10% (80%/10% for 3) (new notable = True Strike)
-5x15% between Scion and Witch/Shadow removed
~Ranger's crit nodes moved (Same values)
+Eagle Eye blob gets 32%
-Intense Zeal is gone -60%

Wand-
+90%/30% crit hidden behind a bunch of 4%/10% AtkSpd/Acc nodes

Dagger-
-From the Shadows blob replaces Stabbing Comeback (Farther from everything)
~Nightstalker closer to shadow (same values)
+Adder's Touch blob 30%/66% -> 70%/86%

Bow-
+King of the Hill blob moved and gets 100% crit!
+Lethality 120%/0% for 3pts -> 122%/46% for 5pts
-Deadly draw blob changed from Crit to AtkSpd (-40%/30%)
-Piercing Shots -25%
-Talons of Murder -20%

Staff-
+Blunt Trauma 50% -> 90%
+New notable: Smashing Strikes 80% global
+Serpent Stance closer to Templar and 70%/30% -> 90%/30%

Dual Wield-
+Twin Terror down to 3pts from 5pts (same crit)

Other cool things to note-
From all the spoiler videos, there seems to be alot of different new attacks, of which we can probably expect good CoC attacks. :)

"Bows can now deal more damage. Additionally, some bows now have higher base critical chance."
After all the shit that I've given to bow CoC builds, they could potentially be good now! :)

Ice Spear is buffed by +87%, Freezing pulse by +40%, and Ball Lightning by 20%.

Piercing Shots Notable Changed from Arrow->Projectile!

Lvl 65/70 Flasks could mean more free hp/mp recovery.
Last edited by ZenithStar on Aug 15, 2014, 4:52:20 PM
And COC is nerf hard (20% less cha
And COC will be nerf hard (20% less chance to cast flat)...
then, is still viable do COC in 1,2???
For sure, CoC is still viable. They gave the CoC gem a flat 20% buff back when they added the 10ms CD. Now they're just putting it back to where it used to be, with the 10ms nerf.

However, there are many other great new builds to play around with.

I'll probably be playing Rampage primarily, and will probably start with a Bow CoC build using Tornado->GMP->Leech->CoC->Ice Spear->Freezing pulse with Herald of Ice. Ondar's and Acrobatics for defense.

Here's a coarse point build of what I wanna do. (119 points, and I'll decide where I want to allocate points as I play the character.)
Last edited by ZenithStar on Aug 19, 2014, 4:52:46 PM
I might also go for a Cyclone->Leech->CoC->3xAoE Spells using staves.

My spell options:
Flame Surge
Glacial Cascade
Ice/Shock Nova
Discharge

This could also easily have Herald of Ice support.

Possible Tree
"
ZenithStar wrote:
I might also go for a Cyclone->Leech->CoC->3xAoE Spells using staves.

My spell options:
Flame Surge
Glacial Cascade
Ice/Shock Nova
Discharge

This could also easily have Herald of Ice support.

Possible Tree

This sounds fun. Have you done anything like it before, with staves I mean?
I've never done cyclone or used a staff, how expensive would this be to gear for?
My first (and only) attempt at a staff CoC character was early Ambush. The problem with that build was that I was desperate to run discharge, but didn't pick up vaal pact. I would instakill myself against reflect. Instead of Vaal pact, I opted for high resistances (90%-95% with flask up) and LGoH. It was honestly just too squishy, discharging away all my endurance changes, Immortal call lasting less than a second...

I bought a staff with crit and spell damage:
Spoiler
for something like 3c. I believe at the time, I only had a 5L Voll's. The rest of the gear is just typical gear (life and res).

In the 1 month, Maligaro's was as low as 5c, Rat's was as low as 10c, and Tabula was 30c. I expect similar prices for early Rampage.

The biggest issue with cyclone and voll's is that voll's has a -50% mana mod on it, and cyclone is the highest mana-costing attack in the game. I solved my mana issues by giving up a flask slot for a mana flask.

Overall, the biggest cost in the staff build will be a 5/6L Voll's. The new unique staff could be a good item, simply for the power charges, and I'm expecting that to cost 10-20ex.
Last edited by ZenithStar on Aug 20, 2014, 2:41:38 AM
What about cold snap since you are using voll's protector ? it just got buffed and would work well with herald of ice :D
And BTW why a staff rather than a 2H sword ? for the crit nodes ?

Edit : Defenitely for the crit nodes :o why did ggg put THAT much staff crit in the tree ??? did a tree of my own based on the thing you did ^^ the biggest difference is that i go for the "true strike" node.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGeTOr0nGDz56ILHQYco-rc-6-7-CprguJPYvUWdMtGnCDWSU1JFR9gkj0a18rUENsVbWaluXcbkImMLHwKftCo4RtcpTxNxBAdYru0ghX3sOIKbXqWD20yz4XMaOMlnVcYtH1Awi4ynhJUg216f35BVwfM8BcAagh6io-98vJoW-dsLf8aDOEFyiDh-WRGWFE37i52KDkiiAF3yoi5w1VBCidOMNnBSVUth4rfW21ktqLGQgwlvnpykhxN3B9rd

What do you think of it ? (it's only 96 poits cuz my scion doesn't have much levels :/)
Last edited by Shinaides on Aug 22, 2014, 5:32:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info