[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
tackle70 wrote:
OK here are the requested screenshots. My DPS has actually increased by about 10% due to the changes in build compared to what was originally posted. All the math/logic in my original post about the superiority of Lightning Penetration over Iron Will is still the same, so Lightning Penetration is what I use currently.

Keep in mind when comparing to the OP that this is with level 20 gems, not 21, and Arc had its DPS nerfed by 15% in 1.2. Should still more or less be equivalent to the DPS achievable by the official build; a bit worse against 0 resist enemies and a bit better against overcapped enemies/bosses.

By far the biggest improvements to my original post are defensive. Compared to my original post:
* +1800 ES
* +2% max fire and lightning resist
* +101% chaos resist (Blood Rage only degens about 38 ES/sec instead of 104 ES/sec as a result)
* After BR taken into account, the ES regen is increased from 141/sec to 417/sec

Screenshots: Lightning Penetration

Discharge:

Arc:

Screenshots: Iron Will

Discharge:

Arc:

Screenshot: Defense

That is with my updated level 94 passive tree (link) and the following gear:

Gear

-Edit- Random question: Has anyone killed Uber Atziri with this build (or any variant of it) using Meginord's Vise? I'm guessing that Uber Atziri requires you to pick up enough STR on gear to replace Meginord's with ES gloves.

Can you take a video of a simple map clear? I'm really curious to see how on earth can you sustain mana with 28.1 mps and manage to keep the gameplay enjoyable.
Last edited by Jyron on Oct 7, 2014, 10:26:28 AM
My guess is he's relying on warlords mark, but yeah i'd like to see this as well. It doesn't seem possible to spam with that set up does it...
"
tackle70 wrote:
OK here are the requested screenshots. My DPS has actually increased by about 10% due to the changes in build compared to what was originally posted. All the math/logic in my original post about the superiority of Lightning Penetration over Iron Will is still the same, so Lightning Penetration is what I use currently.

Keep in mind when comparing to the OP that this is with level 20 gems, not 21, and Arc had its DPS nerfed by 15% in 1.2. Should still more or less be equivalent to the DPS achievable by the official build; a bit worse against 0 resist enemies and a bit better against overcapped enemies/bosses.

By far the biggest improvements to my original post are defensive. Compared to my original post:
* +1800 ES
* +2% max fire and lightning resist
* +101% chaos resist (Blood Rage only degens about 38 ES/sec instead of 104 ES/sec as a result)
* After BR taken into account, the ES regen is increased from 141/sec to 417/sec

Screenshots: Lightning Penetration

Discharge:

Arc:

Screenshots: Iron Will

Discharge:

Arc:

Screenshot: Defense

That is with my updated level 94 passive tree (link) and the following gear:

Gear

-Edit- Random question: Has anyone killed Uber Atziri with this build (or any variant of it) using Meginord's Vise? I'm guessing that Uber Atziri requires you to pick up enough STR on gear to replace Meginord's with ES gloves.

Thanks for the screenshots!

Firstly the screenshots in the OP are with a lvl 20 Discharge and lvl 20 Arc, so you don't need to add numbers to compensate to yours. It still is impressive how you reached a DPS that close without RF - and I consider your setup to be superior to mine. ;)

I might adjust the main thread to incorporate your changes when I get the opportunity / time to test and update the guide if you don't mind.

Regarding your uber question: Hizbas killer uber with my rainbownuke version. There is a video in the OP.
IGN: Pirteloli
Last edited by Tom94 on Oct 7, 2014, 10:55:55 AM
"
Jyron wrote:

Can you take a video of a simple map clear? I'm really curious to see how on earth can you sustain mana with 28.1 mps and manage to keep the gameplay enjoyable.

I think he sustain it by warlord's mark, which provide mana leech on attack/spell
"
Tom94 wrote:

Thanks for the screenshots!

Firstly the screenshots in the OP are with a lvl 20 Discharge and lvl 20 Arc, so you don't need to add numbers to compensate to yours. It still is impressive how you reached a DPS that close without RF - and I consider your setup to be superior to mine. ;)

I might adjust the main thread to incorporate your changes when I get the opportunity / time to test and update the guide if you don't mind.

Regarding your uber question: Hizbas killer uber with my rainbownuke version. There is a video in the OP.

Yeah, I just saw his gear thread and he had ES gloves, not meginords. I'm not sure how it would be possible to go over 7K ES while wearing Meginords with either my variant or the OP (apart from super expensive 50 ex+ ES helm/boots), and I'm curious if Uber is doable around the 6K ES mark.

Thanks for the clarification about the gems - that means that my variant is about 10% weaker as far as DPS goes, apples to apples. I think my variant will still do something like 50% more DPS against overcapped bosses, though.

I'm obviously biased but I think my variant deserves a mention as an alt. option in the OP :). The biggest problem with my variant as-is is just finding appropriate rare gear. It's not necessarily super expensive stuff, just hard to find since you pretty much need an available suffix on everything to craft +STR. I paid 10 ex for this shield, 1.5 ex for the boots, 5 ex for the helm, and 20 ex for the gloves. Thought that the gloves were overpriced by about 10 ex but the boots were underpriced by about 10 ex so it evened out. Also costs a decent amount of chroms since you have to 4-off color both the helm and gloves (cost me maybe 8 ex in chroms to do both). So if you assume a Shavronne's Revelation is 25 exalts, my variant is maybe 10-30 exalts more expensive depending on your luck finding the rares and with chroming 4-off onto two of the items.

I'll see about getting some videos up. The 2% mana leech from Romira's is what enables the mana to not be an issue. Warlord's mark isn't strictly necessary for it. I cannot spam attacks in half regen maps unless I carry a mana pot, but that's it.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 7, 2014, 3:32:22 PM
It would make getting those items easier if you only needed ES and STR. You don't really "need" that chaos resist, it's just a nice little bonus. But I don't know if 60 es / second is really going to mean much in the end.

Maybe you missed my question, but why did you skill into "practical application" nodes?
"
Jyron wrote:

Here's the video. Basic Shipyard clear; curse immune for proof of concept on mana regen without reliance on Warlord's Mark. Note that as long as I'm hitting things, I can sustain attacking. Lightning Strike is left at level 9 to minimize mana cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOrTV8anIkc

"
VixTrader wrote:
It would make getting those items easier if you only needed ES and STR. You don't really "need" that chaos resist, it's just a nice little bonus. But I don't know if 60 es / second is really going to mean much in the end.

Maybe you missed my question, but why did you skill into "practical application" nodes?

Good point about the chaos resist. I felt like I "needed" it because even at 8k ES, every once in a while I encountered a dangerous chaos mob (e.g. Thena Moga in a nasty 77 or 78 map) and it just felt a bit risky. Poison clouds from undead or strongboxes in vulnerability maps were dangerous too. My hope is it will make the Atziri Trio less risky as well.

The extra regen from mitigating blood rage is just a nice bonus.

As for the "practical application" nodes, they provide a necessary +20 Str +20 dex and give access to the witch spell damage section. It might seem a bit inefficient, but by this point in the tree, 3 passive points to get +20 str and +20 dex is as good as it gets for those stats, and the witch spell damage area is too good to miss. I suppose if you had +dex on gear, you could forego the "practical application" nodes and just come in the left side of the witch tree for +20 str and +10 int, which would provide another 2% increased ES, but that's a very minor improvement.
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 7, 2014, 2:47:25 PM
Ok, how about removing that "+10 life" node you have that seems really odd considering you're an ES build, and putting that in the energy shield node right off the witch start instead. Then remove 1 of the stun nodes and put that point into that 6% increased effect of aura node.

Wouldn't that give you a nice ES boost as well as 6% aura's, at zero cost to your build at all?

*EDIT* I see now, you're not a witch. Ha, ignore me :)
Last edited by VixTrader on Oct 7, 2014, 2:02:28 PM
"
VixTrader wrote:
Ok, how about removing that "+10 life" node you have that seems really odd considering you're an ES build, and putting that in the energy shield node right off the witch start instead. Then remove 1 of the stun nodes and put that point into that 6% increased effect of aura node.

Wouldn't that give you a nice ES boost as well as 6% aura's, at zero cost to your build at all?

*EDIT* I see now, you're not a witch. Ha, ignore me :)

Yeah, the witch has a 1-point advantage over the Scion right now for my build since the +10 life node in the Scion start is just a throwaway, but I have never leveled a witch to 90+

(edit: actually, the witch has closer to a 2-point advantage over the scion, since you could get rid of both the +10 life node in the scion starting area as well as swap one of the stun nodes for the +40% mana regen +14 ES node in the right witch starting area)
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 7, 2014, 2:24:28 PM
h
Last edited by eskz on Sep 17, 2016, 10:16:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info