[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

I don't know if its been posted but can you get LGOH from gloves and replace those 5 points?
"
tackle70 wrote:
Yeah I think skipping on the increased aura effect nodes is probably not a good idea. I believe you can only opt out of one 6% increased effect node if you want to get the extra +max res from purity auras.

I couldn't take them because of the lack of points, then again I think I already am at the max res cap?

I'm at 81/81/82 with lvl 20 purities. Goes up to 83/81/84 with lvl23 lightning/fire. If I get the two/three inc. aura effect nodes do I get it up to 84/82/85 ?
"
eskz wrote:
I don't know if its been posted but can you get LGOH from gloves and replace those 5 points?

Yep, it's possible.
IGN: Pirteloli
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Jyron wrote:
Also why are you going for Breath of Lightning? AFAIK everything is shocked to fuck anyways b/c of belt and a huge lightning damage base, so shock duration and chance to shock are wasted points.

So I just ran a dozen or so maps specced into pure spell dmg by the witch instead of the breath of lightning notable. I honestly couldn't tell the difference. I don't know what that means about Breath of Lightning being good or not. I do know that it means I'm going to spec out of it, because it's useless for Atziri and if there's no perceivable advantage in maps, it's not worth the regrets.

But the DPS on this build is already overkill for maps so it's hard to get a good comparison when 99% of enemies are getting 1-shot.

All you need to do is check the tooltip DPS of your triggered spells with power and endurance charges up if you want to compare DPS. The 2% penetration can be added on top of the calculation afterwards.

I'd be curious about your damage values in the first place, so could you maybe post a screenshot of discharge and arc in the character panel with power and endurance charges up? :o

IGN: Pirteloli
"
Tom94 wrote:
"
eskz wrote:

Yep, it's possible.

The LGOH on gloves seems maxed at 2, is it sufficient for LS/MS spam?

by spenting 5 points, you get 4 LGOH
"
Tom94 wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Jyron wrote:
Also why are you going for Breath of Lightning? AFAIK everything is shocked to fuck anyways b/c of belt and a huge lightning damage base, so shock duration and chance to shock are wasted points.

So I just ran a dozen or so maps specced into pure spell dmg by the witch instead of the breath of lightning notable. I honestly couldn't tell the difference. I don't know what that means about Breath of Lightning being good or not. I do know that it means I'm going to spec out of it, because it's useless for Atziri and if there's no perceivable advantage in maps, it's not worth the regrets.

But the DPS on this build is already overkill for maps so it's hard to get a good comparison when 99% of enemies are getting 1-shot.

All you need to do is check the tooltip DPS of your triggered spells with power and endurance charges up if you want to compare DPS. The 2% penetration can be added on top of the calculation afterwards.

I'd be curious about your damage values in the first place, so could you maybe post a screenshot of discharge and arc in the character panel with power and endurance charges up? :o

Screenshots are in my initial build description back on page 53. As per the update above, I've changed some things around since then, but I don't think the offense/DPS has changed too much. I think I'll be able to play a bit later tonight and then I'll post updated screenshots of offense / defense. Some day I'll manage to save the 50 ex or so needed to get 21/20 Arc and Discipline gems and then update again :)

Does tooltip DPS factor in shock chance and duration? I didn't think it did, and that's what I'm not sure how to calculate about going for Breath of Lightning (which adds 10% shock chance and 50% shock duration but not much pure damage) vs just getting more spell damage..

"
Jyron wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
Yeah I think skipping on the increased aura effect nodes is probably not a good idea. I believe you can only opt out of one 6% increased effect node if you want to get the extra +max res from purity auras.

I couldn't take them because of the lack of points, then again I think I already am at the max res cap?

I'm at 81/81/82 with lvl 20 purities. Goes up to 83/81/84 with lvl23 lightning/fire. If I get the two/three inc. aura effect nodes do I get it up to 84/82/85 ?

Yes, you can get an extra point of max resist up to 84/85/82. I believe you need to invest 5 additional points into increased aura effect - get Champion of the Cause, Athleticism, and the 6% Aura effect by Scion start (you may or may not need that last aura effect node, I am unsure).
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 6, 2014, 10:07:03 AM
OK here are the requested screenshots. My DPS has actually increased by about 10% due to the changes in build compared to what was originally posted. All the math/logic in my original post about the superiority of Lightning Penetration over Iron Will is still the same, so Lightning Penetration is what I use currently.

Keep in mind when comparing to the OP that this is with level 20 gems, not 21, and Arc had its DPS nerfed by 15% in 1.2. Should still more or less be equivalent to the DPS achievable by the official build; a bit worse against 0 resist enemies and a bit better against overcapped enemies/bosses.

By far the biggest improvements to my original post are defensive. Compared to my original post:
* +1800 ES
* +2% max fire and lightning resist
* +101% chaos resist (Blood Rage only degens about 38 ES/sec instead of 104 ES/sec as a result)
* After BR taken into account, the ES regen is increased from 141/sec to 417/sec

Screenshots: Lightning Penetration

Discharge:

Arc:

Screenshots: Iron Will

Discharge:

Arc:

Screenshot: Defense

That is with my updated level 94 passive tree (link) and the following gear:

Gear

-Edit- Random question: Has anyone killed Uber Atziri with this build (or any variant of it) using Meginord's Vise? I'm guessing that Uber Atziri requires you to pick up enough STR on gear to replace Meginord's with ES gloves.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 6, 2014, 9:32:57 PM
d
Last edited by eskz on Sep 17, 2016, 10:16:13 AM
"
eskz wrote:
Attempting to run this in hardcore using this build
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQ6QJLrhsl2VttGRFQLYs1uR_HpysdTy0fTLOVIAQHRX7B8x8CDlxciqKjNsVq-n_G2CSLesHFJ6l-WacIAW_sGBVQj0ba3biT4veP-nC7HRTr7oRI8NXQ0HvX2RP60ij6XGtJUUcGL29mnhcvgsdXycNt2-fAGobR-egMfTeDDXxfapBVWfMksBB_puusqoCkxp4spiftcqmQ1vxLxPZ82fcybBY9D-oYhxl99SSL-Ov3wXy7FHHzcZ48pzAOPN-_TdiezUKjn8slvIx2VbUnC8EEg7ZfPzI05Ox2ERBYLJw=

I want to run a high es/spell damage shield and I really want to have the flask nodes which leaves me either dropping some spell damage (witch starting area/lightning walker) or Lust for carnage which I opted to after hearing that LGOH on gloves would suffice.

I was wondering if anyone could test ( I cannot test easily because I am in hardcore league ) if the LS/MS is indeed supportable by 2 LGOH via gloves or if you have any suggestions for my tree.

As this build would be primarily for mapping/normal Atziri I don't know if I need the amount of damage you guys are running and was wondering if it would still suffice to permanently run life leech instead of iron will.

Having LGOH on gloves/amulet only will be pretty bad from my personal experience, as I played with LGOH on amulet before getting Voll's Devotion. I find that the life gained on kill will be needed to be 100% sure you don't run out life when clearing mob packs. I found myself running out of mana quite often with just the +4 LGOH with the amulet. But now with life gained on kill + life gained on hit I never run out of mana and I replaced a life flask with another resist flask.
@Tackle70 - Why did you spend 3 points for "practical application" and 1 point for that +10 life node? Seems like 4 points could have gone to better use...

Also, I've never really tried it out but CWDT with warlords mark, doesn't that just curse the enemy that hit you? It doesn't actually cast it in that area does it?

Why don't you use your 6link for multistrike with an added curse on hit, and then use the boots and gloves for defensive stuff?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info