[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
Tom94 wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
hi,just bought mjolner and have all the stuff op has posted. just to make sure,the best class is witch and she can run righteous fire and blood rage with the tree posted in the first page? i mean is this completely accurate for 1.2?

Yes, as long as your gear is also comparable.

Gear is ok,the only downside i can think is that my purities are only lvl 20 and i don't have empower. Should i buy these or am i good without them?
"
Jyron wrote:
So the question goes to you guys: how do you manage RF with the tree in OP without shav's revelation?

You cannot run both Blood Rage and Righteous Fire without Shavronne's Revelation.

"
PsOfOs wrote:
Gear is ok,the only downside i can think is that my purities are only lvl 20 and i don't have empower. Should i buy these or am i good without them?

You need Lvl 21 Purity of Fire + level 3 Empower to be able to run RF. You have to get Purity of Fire to level 23 so that you get the extra max fire resist.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
$wtb lvl 3 corrupted empower,lvl 21 purity of fire
Thanks for clearing that up mate :)
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
Maintaining RF 1.2 patch is such a huge investment in passive. Are you guys sure wouldn't get more dps by just investing those points in spell damage/aoe nodes instead?

This is the approach I took, since I didn't want to deal with the hassle of Blood Magic. If my math (below) is correct, then it's actually very close. If using the life leech gem, it's almost identical. Righteous Fire gets a slight advantage (about 22% more damage) if using Iron Will, though you don't have the benefit of a high ES shield for defense.

Tree @ level 92
Gear

I have an additional 99% spell/lightning damage from the tree (along with +2% lightning penetration) and an additional 62% spell damage from my shield compared to if you were trying for RF.

Math:
RF ("Official" build)
100% base spell dmg
+25% dmg from belt
+15% from quality on RF
+10% from Shavs
(+88% dmg from Iron Will)
* 1.3 Pain Attument
* (1.59*1.26) Righteous Fire [I assume that Inner Force/etc act multiplicatively here]
=~390% increased spell damage
=(~619% increased spell dmg w/Iron Will)

No RF (my variant)
100% base spell dmg
+25% dmg from belt
+62% dmg from shield
+10% from Shavs
+99% dmg from tree
* 1.3 Pain Attunement
=~384% increased spell damage
=(~499% increased spell damage w/Iron Will)

Those numbers will vary slightly depending on your exact tree and gear, but it illustrates the comparison well, I think.

Note that you do get 2% lightning penetration in my variant (8% more modifier against capped enemies) and you also get a sizeable boost in survivability by using a high ES shield.

My conclusion is that the "official" variant goes to a lot of hassle to sustain RF unnecessarily, and that it is not necessarily the best way to make this build at this time. I don't say that to denigrate what OP and goat4dinner have done with the build, I just think my version is better ;)

EDIT Optimized the tree slightly to get more spell damage. The above tree is up to date but the math is a bit old (would be more dmg on my variant than currently)

How do you maintain mana? Is the %mana regen from tree enough to compliment base mana regen of x (how much is this?) mana?
"
Jyron wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
Maintaining RF 1.2 patch is such a huge investment in passive. Are you guys sure wouldn't get more dps by just investing those points in spell damage/aoe nodes instead?

This is the approach I took, since I didn't want to deal with the hassle of Blood Magic. If my math (below) is correct, then it's actually very close. If using the life leech gem, it's almost identical. Righteous Fire gets a slight advantage (about 22% more damage) if using Iron Will, though you don't have the benefit of a high ES shield for defense.

Tree @ level 92
Gear

I have an additional 99% spell/lightning damage from the tree (along with +2% lightning penetration) and an additional 62% spell damage from my shield compared to if you were trying for RF.

Math:
RF ("Official" build)
100% base spell dmg
+25% dmg from belt
+15% from quality on RF
+10% from Shavs
* 1.3 Pain Attument
* (1.59*1.26) Righteous Fire [I assume that Inner Force/etc act multiplicatively here]
=~390% increased spell damage
=(~619% increased spell dmg w/Iron Will)

No RF (my variant)
100% base spell dmg
+25% dmg from belt
+62% dmg from shield
+10% from Shavs
+99% dmg from tree
* 1.3 Pain Attunement
=~384% increased spell damage
=(~499% increased spell damage w/Iron Will)

Those numbers will vary slightly depending on your exact tree and gear, but it illustrates the comparison well, I think.

Note that you do get 2% lightning penetration in my variant (8% more modifier against capped enemies) and you also get a sizeable boost in survivability by using a high ES shield.

My conclusion is that the "official" variant goes to a lot of hassle to sustain RF unnecessarily, and that it is not necessarily the best way to make this build at this time. I don't say that to denigrate what OP and goat4dinner have done with the build, I just think my version is better ;)

EDIT Optimized the tree slightly to get more spell damage. The above tree is up to date but the math is a bit old (would be more dmg on my variant than currently)

How do you maintain mana? Is the %mana regen from tree enough to compliment base mana regen of x (how much is this?) mana?

I've never really had any issues with mana to be honest. Lvl 9 Lightning strike isn't very mana intensive. Haven't needed to use flasks or pick up mana regen nodes beyond what I linked in the tree.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
How do you guys deal with atziri's split phase? Even with a life leech gem I out dps my leech. I try to stay as far away as I can so my discharge won't hit the mirror split, but the arc still hits her and it's what kills me. I've tried taking arc out -> dps is so much lower and I end up getting myself killed to the lightning+fire spells of the splits (even through pots).
"
Jyron wrote:
How do you guys deal with atziri's split phase? Even with a life leech gem I out dps my leech. I try to stay as far away as I can so my discharge won't hit the mirror split, but the arc still hits her and it's what kills me. I've tried taking arc out -> dps is so much lower and I end up getting myself killed to the lightning+fire spells of the splits (even through pots).

I always run to the one with the spear and try to stand as far away from the other Atziri's, then I press my Ruby+Topaz and start attacking. I do not switch out to life leech. Sometimes I do die, and sometimes I can survive 10 runs without a problem.
"
TJEmvp wrote:
"
Jyron wrote:

I always run to the one with the spear and try to stand as far away from the other Atziri's, then I press my Ruby+Topaz and start attacking. I do not switch out to life leech. Sometimes I do die, and sometimes I can survive 10 runs without a problem.

The problem I have is the arc bouncing to the mirror which ultimately will kill me along with all the flameblasts and storm calls and phys spears.
Just in case I am missing something important, I'll link my gear. Basically what I don't understand is how people with much, much higher dps survive the atziri split phase without being instakilled by the arcs jumping to the mirror holder. I really want to make this build work on Rampage, and map clearwise it's amazing as fuck. I clear 77/78s in 5min with the occasional death to not noticing an ele reflect pack.

gear + tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAW8MfQ18DY0OPBBYEH8RUBRxFVAXLxslHNwdFCL0JIsksCW8J6kn7Sj6LJwvbzQKNbk3Zj0PQqNEq0ZxRwZJUUuuVa5XyVnzXGtcil9qZp5sC20ZcLtyqXYRe9d82X31fll_xoCkghCCx4MJhEiG0Yt6j0aPpo_6kFWTJ5uhna6fy6KjpwinK6yqtAy4k8AawcXB88NtxPbGntDQ2RPZW9rd2-fesN-K37Dfv-GI4vfnC-kC6hjquuvu7Bjw1fO-9zL3wffX-Ov56PrS

Offensive

Defensive

"
Jyron wrote:
Just in case I am missing something important, I'll link my gear. Basically what I don't understand is how people with much, much higher dps survive the atziri split phase without being instakilled by the arcs jumping to the mirror holder. I really want to make this build work on Rampage, and map clearwise it's amazing as fuck. I clear 77/78s in 5min with the occasional death to not noticing an ele reflect pack.[/spoiler]

As far as I can see not all your gems are level 20 yet, so that might be one of the problems.
I'll just post my gear and tree below and you can make a comparison, I am currently level 91.

Current items

Current flasks

Current offence

Current defence

I suggest to wait until your gems are the appropriate level and then see the difference.
Might be wise to look for a better ES helm too, like me because mine isn't all that great either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info