[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
Krayken wrote:
"
Funsy wrote:
Hey Mjolnir lovers ;)

Some days ago, i've told you my feelings about my new tree. So here's a post with more explanations. PM me if you want to know more about it.

Cheers

[1.2] FunsyWish / LVL 89 - Mjolnir discharge+arc

Based on Tom94's Rainbownuke build (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/917173) and inspired by laposbivaly's BM changes (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/917173/page/15)

I just modified the builds with vaal pact for a no brain "one click" version that can actually run those map modifiers without pushing any topaz/ruby flask:

-max ele res
half regen
no regen
ele reflect
blood magic

This combo can be done pushing ele flasks: -max res + ele reflect

So, this build can run every map modifiers. Chaos and vaal orbs friendly :p

"

Keystones:

- Vaal Pact
- Ghost Reaver
- Blood Magic
- Pain Attunement
- Resolute Technique
- Unwavering Stance

Here's my Atziri stream if you want to check how this build is viable: http://www.twitch.tv/funsyy.

Gear

Best in slot wanted upgrades

ES shield: %ES / ES / SD / block / chaos res / all res

ES Helmet: %ES / ES / %ES-block recovery / int / chaos res / fire res

AR-ES gloves: %AR-ES / ES / %ES-block recovery / dex / str / IAS

AR-ES boots: %AR-ES / ES / MS / str / int / chaos res

Heavy belt: ES / AR / str / chaos res / cold res

Solo defense/offense screenshots

Defense

Arc's damage

Discharge's damage

Molten strike's attack speed

Single target's DPS calculations

Arc's damage per cast:
(159+3025)/2 = 1592

Discharge's damage per cast: (we only take 3 endu/power charges)
(2494+3747+353+6673)/2 = 6633.5

Hits per second: (we assume that at least 1 projectile hits the target)
(1+1)x5.4 = 10.8

-----

DPS:
(1592+6633.5)x10.8/2 = 44417.7 = 44k minimum DPS

To calculate the AOE DPS, multiply this number by the number of monsters you can hit at once. For example, if you can hit 5 monsters at once: 44k x 5 = 220k DPS

Edit 1: Using a RRGGBB shav with curse on hit gem + curse (then without lgoh gem) coupled with 2 divination distillate flasks to feed the used skill is a clever idea (and cheaper). Walmart_Girl does it.

Edit 2: PM me and ask me to stream if you want to see the build in action.

Does your damage (Example 159-3025 for your Arc) takes shock stack into consideration?

Edit nvm i saw your screenshots. But you don't have static blow passives anyway. Your arc alone can probably shock but probably not against high HP/high resists targets (which is the case for most of the hardest bosses) because when the shock duration is under 30 ms, it doesn't shock). Giving your Discharge the ability to shock is much, much better than Arc because it deals much more damage (which means longer shock duration) and static blow passives gives you an additional 50% increased shock duration. Basically it would probably triple your shock capabilities. If i were you i would drop a few ele dps nodes to get the static blow passives. DPS against bosses is more important than dps against trash mobs (who dies one shot anyway).

Im currently lvling a budget life EB MOM (via cloak of defiance) Mjolner build. Loving it so far. Im at lvl 87 atm. At lvl 94 i will have 5.6k effective HP (4.1k life + 1.5k unreserved mana with close to 350 mana regen per seconds). Also running Arctic armor lvl 22 and i will have close to 60% block and spell block by then (using rathpith shield). Once i get a 6l cloak i will add LGOH and will probably be able to drop life leech from mjolner even against reflect (in which case i don't even seem to need life leech atm because of my block/arctic armor). Then i could probably swap life leech for Conc effect for a more multiplier or lightning penetration (so good when it comes to bosses or rares with high resists, some of them are still capped even after applying ele weakness). I have so many aoe nodes atm (40% from tree) im afraid my discharge will hit the reflect Atziri once i try her (waiting to get a 6l for that). My discharge covers almost the full screen atm haha. I also use LMP along with GMP which means 9 projectiles with molten strike (and that will mean even more life via LGOH once i have the 6L). My resistances aren't as godly as yours though (81 fire, 75 cold and 80 lightning) but reflect really isn't a problem so far. Just like you i manually cast Ele weakness but i have it supported with lvl 3 enhance and empower (arctic armor is in the same gear slot). I have 4 attacks per seconds and my Arc deals slightly less damage than yours (139-2664). But with my static blows + increased projectlines from lmp i should have about the same dps as you do (until you get those static blow passives :P).

Hi Krayken,

Your build is very smart and seams tanky enough to handle reflect or -max res maps without pushing flasks. But i still can't realize how tanky he is without watching it. Maybe you could stream a reflect map or -max res map that i can see how the build is doing.

Thanks for your suggestions about shock.
I tested it: i picked "breath of lightning" node and removed the ele dmg node from shadow (all of them: 7 points = 78% ele dmg). So, i went to Dominus several times to see my clear speed against him and recorded all my fights to time each kill. Afterall, my clear speed is slightly better with the ele dmg node (shadow part) than with shock node. Also, since i'm doing atziri runs and she cannot be shocked, i'll stay without shock node.
► Shop ◄ Mirror service • Gear • Maps • Gems • Legacy ■ thread/545555
"
Funsy wrote:

Hi Krayken,

Your build is very smart and seams tanky enough to handle reflect or -max res maps without pushing flasks. But i still can't realize how tanky he is without watching it. Maybe you could stream a reflect map or -max res map that i can see how the build is doing.

Thanks for your suggestions about shock.
I tested it: i picked "breath of lightning" node and removed the ele dmg node from shadow (all of them: 7 points = 78% ele dmg). So, i went to Dominus several times to see my clear speed against him and recorded all my fights to time each kill. Afterall, my clear speed is slightly better with the ele dmg node (shadow part) than with shock node. Also, since i'm doing atziri runs and she cannot be shocked, i'll stay without shock node.

Was it merciless dominus? Cause he's pretty weak and im pretty sure you can shock him just with arc. Palace dominus would be a better test. But i didn't know that Atziri was unshockable so yeah thats a tough choice especially if it takes your 7 passives to reach it (i thought it would take you 3, but im not referring to the breath of lightning passive, rather the static blows). It's my first shocking toon and im still learning about the mechanic but what i do know is that without the shocking passives some rare bosses with high life and overcapped lightning res took abnormally long (for this build) to kill. Its only then that i realized that i wasn't shocking them with my Arc. With the shocking passives i pwn them much faster but i only had to lose like 30% ele damage from the tree to reach them.

As for the video, i don't know how to make them but when i reach lvl 94-95 i will try to learn and post a video. The weakness of my build is the low life pool (atm im at 5.1k total life + mana, should be 5.6k at lvl 95) and since the only way to top my mana is mana regen, the 1/2 regen maps is a bit more problematic especially if i have to move around to avoid shits (since arctic uses way more mana when moving). That mod is still doable since i move around with lighting warp, even when coupled with reflect. I also do pop flasks (the unique block flask + topaz flask) against huge packs of reflect just for good measure. Also i need to avoid no regen maps (actually i nevr tried it, i guess i could just use a couple of mana flasks). Your build seems to be able to handle almost any combination of map mods which is awesome. After i buy a 6l cloak my next big purchase might be a shav... who knows? :D
Last edited by Krayken on Aug 27, 2014, 12:04:52 PM
Nice build, Krayken. However, you're sorta overdoing it (IMHO) with both LMP and GMP linked to your Molten Strike. I know you're using them for more hits, but you honestly don't need all the extra projectiles...it's doing little to help out and instead is making you spend too much mana. You're better off going for two blue sockets and getting 'Curse on Hit + Elemental Weakness', which also saves you from having to manually cast it and spend mana for it. You could also run Conductivity or Enfeeble if you so desire since Conductivity will grant you additional shock chance, too.

If you eventually manage to 6L your CoD then you could use a LGoH gem as the final link since you're a life-based build and that will give you even more life boosting when you need it. And with your curse slotted in your chest you could then consider going the ID > EC > CWDT route one of your gear slots for some extra protection against physical attacks.
Was just curious, after looking at the budget life build, i noticed the gem cast when dmg taken is being maxed out, is there any reason for this? i always though lvl 1 in that gem was best to make it proc more often?

Also is there any negative effect from lvling rightous fire up over lvl 1?
Also why is leap slam at lvl 2?

Sorry for the noobie questions.
"
Tanakeah wrote:
Nice build, Krayken. However, you're sorta overdoing it (IMHO) with both LMP and GMP linked to your Molten Strike. I know you're using them for more hits, but you honestly don't need all the extra projectiles...it's doing little to help out and instead is making you spend too much mana. You're better off going for two blue sockets and getting 'Curse on Hit + Elemental Weakness', which also saves you from having to manually cast it and spend mana for it. You could also run Conductivity or Enfeeble if you so desire since Conductivity will grant you additional shock chance, too.

If you eventually manage to 6L your CoD then you could use a LGoH gem as the final link since you're a life-based build and that will give you even more life boosting when you need it. And with your curse slotted in your chest you could then consider going the ID > EC > CWDT route one of your gear slots for some extra protection against physical attacks.

More projectliles = more procs = more dps. And surprisingly that isnt too much mana, 28 mana per cast is absolutely nothing for my 335 mana regen per seconds (should go north of 350 when i reach lvl 95). Even when i link LGOH (should be soon cause im about to buy one a 6l as soon the seller is online) itll be only 42 mana per cast, still a fart for my spec. I only have to use the curse against toughest bosses anyway, and by casting it manually i can link it with both empower and enhance which means more resistance reductions.

But youre right about the IC CWDT setup. I plan on using it soon. When i finish a mob im almost always at 3 end charges rdy to face the next mob. I will have to drop vaal grace though but that doesnt matter cause i always forget to use it anyway haha.
Last edited by Krayken on Aug 27, 2014, 1:23:03 PM
"
Krayken wrote:
Was it merciless dominus? Cause he's pretty weak and im pretty sure you can shock him just with arc. Palace dominus would be a better test. But i didn't know that Atziri was unshockable so yeah thats a tough choice especially if it takes your 7 passives to reach it (i thought it would take you 3, but im not referring to the breath of lightning passive, rather the static blows). It's my first shocking toon and im still learning about the mechanic but what i do know is that without the shocking passives some rare bosses with high life and overcapped lightning res took abnormally long (for this build) to kill. Its only then that i realized that i wasn't shocking them with my Arc. With the shocking passives i pwn them much faster but i only had to lose like 30% ele damage from the tree to reach them.

As for the video, i don't know how to make them but when i reach lvl 94-95 i will try to learn and post a video. The weakness of my build is the low life pool (atm im at 5.1k total life + mana, should be 5.6k at lvl 95) and since the only way to top my mana is mana regen, the 1/2 regen maps is a bit more problematic especially if i have to move around to avoid shits (since arctic uses way more mana when moving). That mod is still doable since i move around with lighting warp, even when coupled with reflect. I also do pop flasks (the unique block flask + topaz flask) against huge packs of reflect just for good measure. Also i need to avoid no regen maps (actually i nevr tried it, i guess i could just use a couple of mana flasks). Your build seems to be able to handle almost any combination of map mods which is awesome. After i buy a 6l cloak my next big purchase might be a shav... who knows? :D

Ye i did the test against Dominus in merciless. I'll do it again against Dominus in palace map.
If i clean fast with shock node, i'll surely spec it.

Ye i can do any map mods without pushing flasks against reflect packs. I just don't run the combo "-max res" + "ele reflect" (which rarely appears) so i can rush the map without brain.
For those reasons (map mods friendly and reflect capable) i don't want to play with another version of the build. It fits perfectly with my play style: jump into a pack without taking care of the monsters' mods and slain them all! And it's chaos friendly when rolling map mods!
Edit 1: BTW when i fight atziri, i love to kill the reflect one ;)

Of course, sometimes i have to push a ele flask depending on situations like freeze, shock... And i have to use immortal call manually against "one shot" bosses like Dominus or Vaal. That's not as permanent attentiveness as for the other versions of the build without vaal pact.

"
dosh42 wrote:
Was just curious, after looking at the budget life build, i noticed the gem cast when dmg taken is being maxed out, is there any reason for this? i always though lvl 1 in that gem was best to make it proc more often?

Also is there any negative effect from lvling rightous fire up over lvl 1?
Also why is leap slam at lvl 2?

Sorry for the noobie questions.

Yo Dosh,

In my opinion, CWDT gem is lvl 16+ cause you want immortal call to last more time than if it was lvl 1. They should be other reasons for it but i don't see them right now.
There's no negative effect to level RF. You'll burn for the same amount lvl 1 or lvl 20.
My leap slam is lvl 2 cause i miss clicked :). Less mana it costs, better it is since you don't deal dmg directly with leap slam.
► Shop ◄ Mirror service • Gear • Maps • Gems • Legacy ■ thread/545555
Last edited by Funsy on Aug 27, 2014, 1:31:19 PM
Thanks for the response Funsy!

One last thing, i notice several of you posting your own builds here, i just wondered does Tom's life build just not work now or something? or you lot just trying to change things up?
Last edited by dosh42 on Aug 27, 2014, 1:36:13 PM
I know it seems that way Krayken, but you're not getting as much benefit from it as you might think. Most of the stuff you go up against you're going to kill so fast that the extra projectiles won't do much for you. You'd be better off dumping one of them for Culling Strike and keeping the other if mana isn't an issue. I still do suggest you try out CoH and one of the above curses that I mentioned depending on which you find works out best for you. You might be really surprised that the extra boosts from Empower and Enhance aren't really doing you many favors. If I do it right, and from what I recall, this is what you'd get:

36% total quality * 0.4% extra elemental resist loss = 14.4%

So for the extra 16% quality you're getting an extra 6.4% resists, which seems really nice. But remember that curses have reduced effectiveness against bosses and rares, but you're likely more concerned with bosses. So if I recall correctly you're going up against a 60% penalty right there, which means:

Level 22/36 CW = 41% + 14.4% = 55.4% >>> 55.4% * 0.60 = 33.24%

Level 20/20 CW = 39% + 8% = 47% >>> 47% * 0.60 = 28.2%

So for those extra two gems you're getting an increase of ~5.00% additional elemental resists reduced. At this point you have to decide whether that's worth it to you on bosses versus having it completely automated on your Molten Strike links. Also, don't forget that a 20/20 CoH is going to give you a total of 19% increased effect of the curse itself. That means...if the math is right:

Level 20/20 CW = 39% + 8% = 47% >>> 47% * 0.19 = 8.93% >>> 8.93% + 47% = 55.93%

Now, if the math is right (not sure if it is), then you're actually breaking even and doing just -slightly- better with CoH in this scenario. If this is true, then that means you now have saved yourself a few sockets and can put some other gems in there if you'd like to run something else like maybe the Vaal gems, or perhaps other things you have been eyeballing. :)
Can one of you kind folks please for the love of god make a lvl 75 build of toms budget life build please, i am not a theory crafter and unsure what i need to put nodes into to get the best out of my character at such a low lvl, right now i looked at Song whistle's build which tom recommends to follow for 1.2 but his is for lvl 100 which doesn't help me out very much.

I spent what points i felt should go where but i have 2k health and cannot go beyond docks in merc, this is on a lvl 74 character that used to breeze lvl 70 maps with a coc discharge build, since i got a mjolner and had the free respec i took the plunge into this build now my character is absolutely useless.

Anyways would be appreciated. btw i have mostly all the gear listed for the budget life build in tom's guide.
Last edited by dosh42 on Aug 27, 2014, 3:17:10 PM
update scion skill tree and gear pls

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info