[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

I'm wondering how you guys survive because u have 3+ pieces of gear with no es or almost none(romiras/meignords vise/rise of the phenoix/doranyi's invitation/dreamfragments) to me it looks impossible to achieve 5K+es (I have a non leg shavs). and does it really have to be lvl 90 because it's like u have to grind for ages just to play this build

IGN:WitchSummonerz
Last edited by fid1 on Jul 11, 2014, 2:32:38 AM
For those wanting the low-life version without snapshotting:

I've been theorycrafting with goat4dinner and we came with the conclusion that you can run essentially all the auras except for one, you have the option to run either purity of ice or haste, not both at the same time.

However, we were also able to run clarity at the same time, allowing us to drop the annoying mana flask. We are able to sustain molten strike and lightning strike indefinitely, making the build a lot more hassle free.

NOTE: It's impossible to empower both purity of lightning and purity of fire as there is not enough socket links, as well as the mana multiplier costing way too much.

The current build to achieve all auras except for one:

The notable difference between the build is the fact that we have to pick up ALL the mana reservation nodes to be able to run as many auras as possible. Currently we are running discipline and purity of fire with blood magic, and all other auras on mana.

Here's a link to goat4dinner's gear to show this:

On a side note, we were able to move righteous fire out of gear swap and place it into our main gear, generally where you keep your blood rage. Refer back to goat4dinner's gear to see this.
Last edited by Hizbas on Jul 11, 2014, 7:26:19 AM
"
fid1 wrote:
I'm wondering how you guys survive because u have 3+ pieces of gear with no es or almost none(romiras/meignords vise/rise of the phenoix/doranyi's invitation/dreamfragments) to me it looks impossible to achieve 5K+es (I have a non leg shavs). and does it really have to be lvl 90 because it's like u have to grind for ages just to play this build

The majority of our resistances are coming from running all three purity gems. Note that Rise of the Phoenix provides a nice chunk of resistances on the implicit mod,as well as 25% increased fire resistance on low life, and Shav's providing 30%+ lightning resistance.

Our ES is not that high compared to CI builds, but it is able to easily attain 6k+ ES without a problem. Discipline combined with aura effect nodes has a big impact on our ES gain.

And yes, the build without a doubt performs best at around level 90. Otherwise you are struggling to pick up all key essential nodes or having to sacrifice a lot of DPS.
I got a marauder laying around with 76 skill points(lvl 63) i'm wondering how should I level up and then transition with this build for low life
IGN:WitchSummonerz
"
commonjunks wrote:
"
Jiaozy wrote:
Scion non-snapshotting tree, level 85, I've been running it for a while and I can still run 6 auras (3 Purity + Vitality on mana, Haste + Discipline on life with lvl 18+ Ruduced Mana and Blood Magic):

Righteous Fire should be able to stay in weapon swap, afaik, since it won't turn off when weapon swapping, but will update its stats (level, supports, bonus to damage, hp and the like).

My tree works mighty fine, it remains to be seen if they won't change aura nodes or the pathing between them to see if the build will still be viable...

I would be interested to know how much ES you will have after spending so many points on mana reduction?
Lost this question, sorry.

ATM I'm sitting at 5k ES using that tree with this gear
Spoiler

The Aura effect nodes help a lot in increasing the ES you gain from Discipline, even if you delay the ES nodes a bit and I didn't even sacrifice that many ES nodes to get the Charisma cluster, by lvl 90 I'll have all the ES nodes needed and, with a better helm, boots and hybrid gloves with STR, I'll have 6k+ easily.
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
"
Hizbas wrote:

On a side note, we were able to move righteous fire out of gear swap and place it into our main gear, generally where you keep your blood rage. Refer back to goat4dinner's gear to see this.

Why would you do that?

Spoiler
+

those 2 gearpieces give me 254% increased dmg on RF with my current strength numbers
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"
fid1 wrote:
I got a marauder laying around with 76 skill points(lvl 63) i'm wondering how should I level up and then transition with this build for low life

Just use motel strike to level up.
"
Jiaozy wrote:
"
commonjunks wrote:
"
Jiaozy wrote:
Scion non-snapshotting tree, level 85, I've been running it for a while and I can still run 6 auras (3 Purity + Vitality on mana, Haste + Discipline on life with lvl 18+ Ruduced Mana and Blood Magic):

Righteous Fire should be able to stay in weapon swap, afaik, since it won't turn off when weapon swapping, but will update its stats (level, supports, bonus to damage, hp and the like).

My tree works mighty fine, it remains to be seen if they won't change aura nodes or the pathing between them to see if the build will still be viable...

I would be interested to know how much ES you will have after spending so many points on mana reduction?
Lost this question, sorry.

ATM I'm sitting at 5k ES using that tree with this gear
Spoiler

The Aura effect nodes help a lot in increasing the ES you gain from Discipline, even if you delay the ES nodes a bit and I didn't even sacrifice that many ES nodes to get the Charisma cluster, by lvl 90 I'll have all the ES nodes needed and, with a better helm, boots and hybrid gloves with STR, I'll have 6k+ easily.

using similar tree, lvl94 scion with 1ex or less gloves, boots and helm
https://www.poebuilder.com/builds/CeaselessDC-rainbownuke

right now i'm using better helm and boots, and currently have 7500+ es.
Last edited by CeaselessDC on Jul 12, 2014, 9:35:18 AM
With jiaozy's tree I was actually able to run not only 6 auras, but a 7th (clarity) too, no snap shot at all 5 auras on mana and 2 60 auras on life

Thanks jiaozy. Currently lvl 85, but was running all those auras muchmuch earlier, all possible at maybe 80 if you take all the aura nodes first, of course with all the int and str nodes
"
wehrberg wrote:
"
LootingLemur wrote:
"
wehrberg wrote:
How's this spec compared to those low life spectral throw and/or low life power siphon builds?

Compared in which ways?
This is all my personal opinion.I leveled as spectral throw to specifically play this build. I found spectral throw to be boring but I prefer melee builds. As far as damage is concerned, they both clear maps quickly. This is the first build I've played where I've killed the boss with out realizing.
On a side note, people are usually welcoming of spectral throw toons. Constant discharge toons? Not so much. All in all, this is the most fun I've had in my 2 years of PoE.

Thanks for the response. I'm currently playing low life power siphon, I have enough currency to switch over to this but I would need to sell Crown of Eyes, Auxium, etc. So I'm wondering in terms of DPS / survivability whether this is better.
Low Life Wander can do Uber, this build can't because it lacks the defenses.

This is just a glass cannon build, while Spectral Throw and Wander have other means of defense beside huge damage output, like Iron Reflexes + Grace and Arctic Armor.
"
paynoris41 wrote:
With jiaozy's tree I was actually able to run not only 6 auras, but a 7th (clarity) too, no snap shot at all 5 auras on mana and 2 60 auras on life

Thanks jiaozy. Currently lvl 85, but was running all those auras muchmuch earlier, all possible at maybe 80 if you take all the aura nodes first, of course with all the int and str nodes
Yep, with all the reduced node a 7th aura isn't out of the question, be it a low level Clarity or even Tempest Shield!
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
Last edited by Jiaozy on Jul 12, 2014, 3:31:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info