[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
riddie wrote:
Would you kindly refrain from calling a 120 EX Mjölner build "budget" ? If you google 'path of exile "budget build" 1.1.4' this thread shows up at the top, followed closely by other "budget" builds. Since there is no way to tag or rate builds, bad practice like this just wastes peoples time. Pretty much in the same manner in which I just wasted your time by making you read this.

Which means you were better off not posting it in the first place, thus wasting your time and the time of others. Lose/Lose in this case. If you get Mjolner either through a lucky drop, or manage to trade for it that is only one part of the build, and the entire thread assumes that you'd only be interested in builds with Mjolner IF you actually have it. There are plenty of other 'budget builds' out there, so please go and look those up, and in the context of this thread, the life build IS a 'budget build' compared to the extremely expensive low-life variation. Now, back to the actual thread contents...

I have been playing around with Mjolner and using the new Ball Lightning gems just to test them out. While two would not be able to compete with the Arc/Discharge setup, two BLs might not be that bad compared to Arc/Arc and using Iron Will with them...maybe. However, with just initial thoughts and things to go off of, BL doesn't have the increased chance to shock that Arc has, which goes up to 20% total with the Quality bonus. BL's Quality bonus is 20% increased lightning damage, which isn't terrible, but it already has low scaling damage (30% compared to 50% for Arc) and even at higher levels its damage range isn't as good or anywhere near as high as Arc's. Plus, Arc can inherently chain, which means it can hit quite a lot of targets, and even as many as BL can depending on the situation.

And speaking of chaining, BL wouldn't be able to take advantage of Mjolner's chain bonus...at least...I couldn't see the little lightning tendrils chaining while using it. that all said, it is important to remember that (again, from what I have seen), each proc would be considered its own separate cast, and it's not uncommon to see A LOT of those BLs spawning and zapping everything. For those of you who may remember Diablo II and the runeword 'Rift', this is quite similar having a Paladin with that runeword in a scepter, use Zeal as the main attack, and watch as 2-4 Frozen Orbs went flying all around showering enemies with ice shards. It's quite fun to say the least and don't get me wrong, Blal Lightning right now does seem to have very nice AOE clearing for ye olde white mobs, in fact, it can chew through them quite quickly.

Again, if not going the Arc/Discharge route then Ball Lightning is something that should be tested out, and I'm going to keep doing that myself. I think it might be slightly better than Arc when it comes to single targets since it does seem to be able to hit them multiple times, where as Arc would only hit once and have nothing else to chain to. As far as a curse goes to support it...probably still Elemental Weakness would be the best choice so you can get FR lowered for RF to take effect when in melee range. I thought about Projectile Weakness since it does scale with projectile damage, and if using Molten Strike as the delivery attack that would gain something from it as well. But...ehhhh...I don't think it'd be worth it and EW will probably still be the best choice overall.

Though if anyone else has played around with BL, let me and others know. :)
My righteous fire is taking hp like 2 hp per second very slow but nonetheless taking my hp
my gear

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAecCcQSzBS0FWxQgFE0WbxcvGS4ZhRo4Gj4aVRpsHRQkqicvJ9Un7SkuKU8u_zH7Nug26TwFROdGaUbXUFBUSVXGVdZXDVivWfNdxl8_YEthIWSjZOdnvWoecql07XrvfLh82X_jgKSCm4M4hO-HKYuMj0aQVZuhns2f36IAog-nCKcwp4SoGKyqtQS4k8AaxBXEWMT2z2XQ0NIh2WHa3eFz42rjn-Qi7DjtIO5v7w7vfPAf8azyL_Pd-tI=

Can someone help me fix this? I'm lvl 74 atm
Got 3.6k hp
311 hp regen
91 fire resist
IGN:WitchSummonerz
Last edited by fid1 on Jul 5, 2014, 2:44:42 AM
"
fid1 wrote:
Spoiler
My righteous fire is taking hp like 2 hp per second very slow but nonetheless taking my hp
my gear

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAecCcQSzBS0FWxQgFE0WbxcvGS4ZhRo4Gj4aVRpsHRQkqicvJ9Un7SkuKU8u_zH7Nug26TwFROdGaUbXUFBUSVXGVdZXDVivWfNdxl8_YEthIWSjZOdnvWoecql07XrvfLh82X_jgKSCm4M4hO-HKYuMj0aQVZuhns2f36IAog-nCKcwp4SoGKyqtQS4k8AaxBXEWMT2z2XQ0NIh2WHa3eFz42rjn-Qi7DjtIO5v7w7vfPAf8azyL_Pd-tI=

Got 3.6k hp
311 hp regen
91 fire resist

It's pretty simple, you're still lvl 74 and haven't touched most of the max hp nodes I already have a lvl 92 templar and is a RF build with 7.2 k health. You have long ways to go and getting to lvl 85 shouldn't be slow
"
fid1 wrote:
Spoiler
my gear

Tree
Spoiler

Got 3.6k hp
311 hp regen
91 fire resist

1. You're missing about 2.2% life regen because you haven't taken the regen nodes near the Scion area.

2. You are still missing quite a few %life nodes like the ones near the Mara area as well as the life/mana hybrid nodes on the way to the Scion life regen nodes. More HP means more regen, and more survivability in general.

3. You aren't boosting your PoF properly. You're taking the reduced mana nodes in the aura wheel and not the aura buff increases, which isn't helping. Switch those two points and you can get the two 8% aura increase nodes plus the big notable node, which should come out to around 28% aura buff increase. That means your PoF will be giving you 5% Max FR (4% * 1.25 = 5), and that extra 1% will mean that the RF damage done to you will be reduced further and allow for more life regen.

4. Switch out your belt and your gold ring and instead go for Doryani's Invitation (lightning variant) and nab a prismatic ring with life and some good resists and Int if you need it. The belt will allow for some lightning damage leech as well as give you fire and cold resists along with the other stuff it comes with. If by some crazy chance you can find/afford one, consider even a Headhunter belt as that will give you a nice life boost, Strength and Dex, and let you take advantage of rare enemy mods for 20 seconds after each time you kill them. But if not, then Doryani's for sure.

5. Drop Cyclone and instead use Molten Strike. With the setup you have, you could go something like: LS > MS > Multistrike > LMP > Reduced Mana > Faster Attacks and keep both LS and MS at level 5 max. You aren't using the attacks themselves for damage, you're just using them as the proc abilities to unleash your Arc and Discharge, which means you keep them at low levels for mana cost. If after you switch them around you find that you can run them on mana, you could even switch out RM for Culling Strike, but you'll probably need the RM more so than the Culling effect.

6. Run Elemental Weakness and Enfeeble as curses, even if you have to run them on Blood Magic/Reduced Mana combo. EW will increase your damage setup by quite a bit, including the RF damage. Speaking of RF...if you can, try and setup RF like this: RF > Concentrated Effect > Increased AOE > Increased Burning Damage. With the gear you have, you should be able to have that combo somewhere and thus not need to snapshot the RF, but it will definitely help out with the damage RF will do.

Hope that helps. :)
Hi all guys.
To get 96% fire res do you have to snapshot with an empower gem if you have a 21 pof or a vertex helmet is enought? (i hate snapshotting so if i can avoid to snapshot also empower i would love it :D)
"
manu91xd wrote:
Hi all guys.
To get 96% fire res do you have to snapshot with an empower gem if you have a 21 pof or a vertex helmet is enought? (i hate snapshotting so if i can avoid to snapshot also empower i would love it :D)

It's going to depend on several things, but here's some stuff that might help:

1. With an Alpha's Howl helmet (better to use this on a life build than the LL ES build), just slotting the lvl. 21 PoF will bring it up to level 23, which will grant you +5 max FR.

2. For FR you'll have +4 from the tree, +8 from RotP shield, and 75% at normal resist cap, so your total will be 87% FR. With a boosted PoF gem you'll have an additonal +5, so that's 92% FR.

3. To get that higher, you're going to have to invest in Aura/self buff nodes. Using the lvl. 21 PoF gem, you're going to need to get a combined total of 80% aura/self buff increases to get an additional 4% FR. It works out like this:

(5 * 1.80 = 9.00)

It has to be 80% or higher because of how the rounding works out. If, for example, you did 5 * 1.75 = 8.75...that would round down to just 8% max FR, so keep that in mind.

4. If you're going the LL route then you can either use 'The Vertex' helm with a lvl. 21 PoF and a lvl. 2 Empower to snapshot it. OR, if you have a lvl. 3 Empower then you can slot it with PoF and it will go high enough to get to +5 Max FR that way.
Thank you so much :D! you are very helpful!
IGN:WitchSummonerz
Thx alot. then i'll have to level my empower since it's just lvl 1 and buy a vertex.
It was al perfectly clear :D
Just vaaled new gloves

Spoiler

and bought a new pair of boots (once snapshooting nerfed, will use these boots with BBBR

Spoiler

"
Tanakeah wrote:

3. To get that higher, you're going to have to invest in Aura/self buff nodes. Using the lvl. 21 PoF gem, you're going to need to get a combined total of 80% aura/self buff increases to get an additional 4% FR. It works out like this:

(5 * 1.80 = 9.00)

It has to be 80% or higher because of how the rounding works out. If, for example, you did 5 * 1.75 = 8.75...that would round down to just 8% max FR, so keep that in mind.

I have heard that you can have 7.8% fire resist. In your character profile it will display 7%, but damage mitigation would be as if you had 7.8

Culler-support build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617230
Dedicated support build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702757

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info