[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
Tanakeah wrote:
What kind of flasks are you using for the Atziri fight? Also, we're talking regular Atziri, yes? The other big question...when she goes into her split phase, are you avoiding attacking the one that is holding the mirror?

I always run up to the one with the spear, never anyone else.

Also died at the triple bosses..
Hello, would you mind posting the direct poe.com link for you skilltree, Tanakeah?
As Poe.db is down and will most likely not come back it is impossible to view it.

Would be really awesome ;)
TJE, will get back to ya later as it's getting close for me to head to bed. However, as for my tree for Toblas...here ya go:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwB5wUtDF8Wbxa_Fy8Ziho4Go8cpx2qIWAmlScLJy8ppS2oLdIvbzWSNug8LUCgRJ5GcUa3R35KyFBCUzVTpVO7VUtV1livWfNeE1-wYVJh4mTnZU1mVGaebqpvO2-ecLtyD3KpdO108XfjeA1673vDfNl_xoCkguSDCYNfg7aDzITFhNmFfYZghtGKr4w2jHaQEZBVkyeUb5u1n8uhL6cwqW6sqrGQtAy18rc-t9a9Nr6Avoq-p768wBrBxcM6xPbGrspKytPTb9i92RPbWeGI42rsGO9O9tr3MvrS-wn-Cv5J?accountName=Tanakeah&characterName=SummerJewel

Note that this is my current level 93 tree for my life variant. If you want the Low Life variant, then it's down below and level 95:

Last edited by Tanakeah on Sep 4, 2015, 12:11:41 AM
Ok I did Atziri again, I managed to kill her this time.
However my guess is that I was lucky.

I'll try to explain what the difference is between my current and old fights,
as their is a big difference in DPS compared to before the patch.

"
VS VAAL
Used to be able to kill them before they went down in the ground.
Now they have to popup a second time with around 25% hp.

"
VS TRIPLE BOSSES
Used to run up to the guy in the back and stand there kill him, kill 2nd one and run after the last guy. Now it takes me longer to kill the first and second guy and sometimes I need to run away because of the high dmg I end up getting because I can't kill them fast enough.

"
VS ATZIRI
I used to just be able to do Atziri very easy, sometimes I died because I didn't pay attention in her split fase but usually it was just mindless stomping until she died.

Now it's a complete different story her split fase is hard. But the real problem is when she is done "healing" when the minions come to her she does some weird attack I can't see?

And I die instantly. Or she kills me by the huge flameblast I am usually able to tank. (I ran way the second time).

Also got the feeling my overall DPS in the map is lower, it takes more time to kill blue packs and some rooms.

I'll try to record a Atziri session so you can see what's going wrong, or what I am doing wrong.
Last edited by TJEmvp on Sep 4, 2015, 5:35:54 AM
Ok so I've done Atziri again, managed to kill her again so it's possible I guess.
Made some stupid mistakes but what really bothers me is my DPS against vaal and triple.

That the Atziri fight isn't running that well doesn't really bother me, just me being stupid.
But the overall DPS compared to before feels a lot lower and might be the problem?

Anyway as I said I would record my Atziri session, so I did!
I know I made some mistakes but look past that please haha.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/tjemtv/v/14360077
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nx7FFLg734

current passive tree after some changes:

Last edited by TJEmvp on Sep 4, 2015, 6:21:03 AM
Ok, thanks for the videos because now it confirmed what I was suspecting were your issues. Let me sort them out for ya:

1. In the Trio fight you're not using a Chaos Resist flask or a Granite Flask to help with your defenses. These will help you out immensely in terms of mitigating damage, especially from the fire and tentacle miscreation monsters. They help out against her spike rain after she dies and will give you some extra protection so you have time to react and reposition.

2. Don't fight them all in the same area after you kill one as they all leave behind a nasty degen cloud, so you'll want to move as soon as one dies. If you're finding the tentacle one is giving you the most issues then kill her first, but be aware of what the other two will do after she dies so you can prepare for their enrage assaults. Look up strats for what is the best kill order depending on your build, but you should be able to figure it out with some experimentation.

3. For Atziri I can totally see where your issues are. Again, you're not having at least a Rumi's Concoction flask or a Granite, which helps against her AOE spear attack, which is physical damage. I would at least go with Rumi's since that also provides extra block chance if you're going to use your regular rare shield.

4. Consider equipping a Saffel's Frame for this fight. The extra +4/5 Max Resists make a HUGE difference in terms of damage mitigation against Atziri and to make up for being unable to block regular attacks, just use a Granite Flask with the 'Iron Skin' affix for some physical damage protection.

5. You are still taking A LOT of damage in her split phase, and that's because you have Arc equipped. I expected that was an issue and I was right...you do not want Arc equipped as it will bounce to the mirror one and you'll get that damage reflected back at you. Instead, for every phase except her healing phase, replace Arc with 'Concentrated Effect'. This will drastically increase Discharge's power output while cutting down on its AOE, which you don't need for when you're just wailing on Atziri. It will take some practice with unequippping and reequipping your Arc gem depending on the phase, but with some practice you'll get it just fine.

6. You can also consider using Concentrated Effect for the double Vaal Oversouls or even the Trio fight and see how that works out for you...might be worth the extra damage boost. And don't be afraid to use an Atziri's Promise flask in that fight or even Atziri for the damage and leech. You do have a bleed removal flask, so that's good and make sure you always keep that equipped.

7. I noticed you have a life flask, which I am assuming you're using for regenerating life to fuel your attacks? I would heavily suggest you get some gems with LGoH on them so you can remove the life flask totally and run another utility flask instead, which will make a difference.
Thank you again so much for all the community help you offer.

Would it be possible to see the gems you are using and were?
Are you running all the same auras as the opening thread?

Feel free to look at the gear I have on and make any suggestions before I decide to swap over to the tree you are using. I admit I am not sure how to link my gear here directly, due to my own lazyness not to research it.

I have been able to gear up my son's account to have almost the exact same gear as myself but he is only 85, so I have some grinding to get him up to level, but then I will have two of us running the same setup.

Note: I had no issue running atziri and killing her with him at 83 just tagging along.

"
First of all thanks for the tree.

So, i have been leveling a life variant relatively similar to Tanakeah's tree and had a great deal of fun playing throught normal and cruel with pillar of the caged god. This way you do not have to spend 10+ regrets to switch to mjölner and leveling stats for 40 dosn't feel that bad anymore!
I am currently level 75 and doing maps rather successfully. Only problems so far are chaos damage and heavy physical damage. The auras i am running are grace, PoL, PoF and determination. Yes, someone is actualy using determination. Atm see no need for wrath or HoL, because my damage is really good and my biggest roblm is actually surviving the HUGE amounts of phsys damage. With granite i get up to 44k armour and it feels as if it was barely enought. Keep in mind, that i am only on a 5L Kingsguard and have around 3.4K hp on lvl 75.

Looks like this build has great potential and i'm craving to tst other variants of it!
me > you

Last edited by ssebastiann on Sep 9, 2015, 7:06:58 PM
Uhhhh, what is the point and relevance of the above post and the picture going along with it? That Crit builds do more damage than non-crit builds?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info