[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
tackle70 wrote:
So I finished up that crop of maps testing where the limits of my build are right now, and I'm impressed. I didn't RIP to any of the -max maps, though several of them were obviously dangerous. -max Palace Dominus is no joke.

-max + ele reflect is dangerous and if I ran enough of those, eventually I'd probably get some sort of nasty situation where I died. But I went 2/2 on deathless for those.

The only thing that got me was the Vaal Temple trio with Enfeeble / +75% lightning resist. Ripped twice to that while killing the boss... I underestimated how much more difficult the fight would be when my leech was weakened due to the DPS hit taken from enfeeble. I probably could have done it deathless if I had been more careful; I expected enfeeble/+lightning resist to be trivial mods but they actually proved quite dangerous.

My conclusions are that my build can do almost every map that doesn't have a Blood Magic mod. Any map that has -max resist and elemental reflect is risky. Vaal Temple with bad mods is risky. A -max map with bad enough mods could also be risky (say, a crematorium with twinned / overlord's / deadly / of exposure / of vulnerability or other some such craziness).

Basically, with the exception of Blood Magic, all but the 1% of the most difficult 1% of maps are doable deathless with this :)

I have read through quite a few of your on going testing of your build. I am curious (sorry if I missed it) have u tried the crit versions? if you have do you think the non crit is better?

I have done both and I really like the way Atziri Acuity takes out the needed points for Vaal Pact, but still wondering if its even worth the effort to go crit. I do notice the dps boost but still feel the lack of chance to hit even with 85ish% chance to hit.

Also if you can post your current tree/gear id appreciate it. (I know you have constantly changed things)
IGN @Dbum
"
dbum wrote:
I have read through quite a few of your on going testing of your build. I am curious (sorry if I missed it) have u tried the crit versions? if you have do you think the non crit is better?

I have done both and I really like the way Atziri Acuity takes out the needed points for Vaal Pact, but still wondering if its even worth the effort to go crit. I do notice the dps boost but still feel the lack of chance to hit even with 85ish% chance to hit.

Also if you can post your current tree/gear id appreciate it. (I know you have constantly changed things)

I haven't personally tested the crit version, because I don't own an Acuity and the only way crit even has a chance to be better is if you have Acuity (for the reason you stated - save you VP). VP didn't really cost much in the way of passive points; it costs 4 points to spec into but you save 2 points speccing out of ZO, so the end cost is just 2 points, and the additional 30 strength points are useful. The biggest downside of VP is by far that you lose your ES regen, making high chaos resist mandatory so Blood Rage doesn't wreck you.

I'm honestly a bit skeptical if crit will be better; off the top of my head it just doesn't seem like this passive tree and gear set is going to be able to take advantage of high crit chance/multiplier. And like I said, there's almost no content I can't clear as is, so I just don't feel the need to spend 100+ exalts to try it out.

I may eventually try it; I'm thinking of eventually remaking this thread sometime after 1.4 drops if Tom94 really is done updating the OP here and if the build doesn't get nerfed through the floor. If I do that, I'll try and test several of the variants (primarily BM and crit) so that I can see for myself the pros/cons of each.

Current Passive Tree; Scion, Level 97

Current Gear

For -max + ele reflect:

For No Regen (mana leech swapped for faster attacks):

Also on hand, if chaos damage ever becomes dangerous enough that 34% chaos resist isn't enough (I'd have to rechrome it which is why I bought Miracle Keep above... didn't want to ET this but didn't want to rechrome yet):

Videos of -max ele reflect crema/shrine, -max no regen palace, twinned vaal temple trio, and -max twinned courtyard boss all coming at some point after they are done uploading/processing.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Feb 10, 2015, 2:02:20 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:

I looked now your passive tree but i don't get why you would take life and life on kill since you are not playing blood magic (and in that case lust for carnage would be better).
Last edited by manu91xd on Feb 11, 2015, 11:25:13 AM
"
manu91xd wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:

I looked now your passive tree but i don't get why you would take life and life on kill since you are not playing blood magic (and in that case lust for carnage would be better).

I have to take some life so that I have enough life to be able to reserve a high enough level of clarity (which is a flat #, not a %) to infinitely spam attacking and have at least 52 life left over so I can cast Blood Rage. I took life on kill instead of lust for carnage because it only costs 2 passive points, and both are useful (the other being +10 dex).

Some sort of life on kill or life on hit is necessary in case I want to be able to re-cast blood rage (which is on life) without portalling out of a map.

These were the undesirable side-effects of adding Enhance to my setup, but the overall boost in attack speed and dmg are worth it.
Last edited by tackle70 on Feb 11, 2015, 1:17:56 PM
Oh i see. Nice thought. I just didn't understand the reason :p
Hi, i have some questions:

1-Light. Strike better with quality or not? i have a 12/20 light.strike so..it worths to scour until lv8?
2-Which is better? %spell dmg, %elem.dmg, %ligh.dmg?
3-Any trip for joining a party and not kick it? xD, how do you level up? solo or in a party? :-) Because...noone likes "lag builds"

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Feb 14, 2015, 3:01:00 AM
"
redix27 wrote:
Hi, i have some questions:

1-Light. Strike better with quality or not? i have a 12/20 light.strike so..it worths to scour until lv8?
2-Which is better? %spell dmg, %elem.dmg, %ligh.dmg?
3-Any trip for joining a party and not kick it? xD, how do you level up? solo or in a party? :-) Because...noone likes "lag builds"

1 - Quality is really bad on lightning strike. Without quality, all your lightning strike projectiles will chain +1 times from mjolner. With quality, some of them will fail to chain and instead will pierce, possibly failing to hit any additional targets.

2 - Depends on where you're at in the tree. Spell and elemental do the same thing for this build, so it's just a flat comparison of which gives more % between those two. Lightning is only good to take if the % you're getting is higher than the % you would get from ele/spell nodes.

3 - If you want to play in a party and not piss everyone off, you'll probably want to just socket 2x Arc in your Mjolner. No good way to play this build in a party if using discharge.
Can someone please link me to a low-life tree for 1.3 (scion) ?

I can't seem to find one and the original links are broke.
Last edited by teLe on Feb 16, 2015, 1:48:15 PM
"
TheSlacker wrote:
Can someone please link me to a low-life tree for 1.3 (scion) ?

I can't seem to find one and the original links are broke.

My current passives/gear are a few posts above. I believe if you want a blood magic / mortal conviction variant that there are some builds posted for 1.3 starting around page 94-ish.
Thanks for replying Tackle70, last question...i have only 124 dex so my blood rage is lv13 and my attack speed (when i select Ligh.strike) is 5.4.

So..i can spend 2 passive and get +10 str and 30 dex (max blood rage and more attack speed)or get +10 spell dmg and +10 spell dmg (my discharge is 11K).

I guess the more attack speed the better choice...right?

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Feb 17, 2015, 2:00:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info