[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

Made one further adjustment to gem setup. Didn't really feel like Warlord's Mark was doing anything to be worth two gem slots, so I replaced it with a mid-level Clarity so that I can endlessly spam attacks and also not have mana issues in half-regen maps.

Also got an even sexier dex/IIR ring:

Bosses are definitely slower to kill with this setup and I feel like I've taken something like a 10% hit on clear speed, but it sure is nice that reflect isn't dangerous anymore.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jan 30, 2015, 12:48:58 AM
Hello i have another question
and i am sorry for the disturb

i have this problem:

i m running the rainbow nuke version PURE ( no critical , no RF)

i have 6,5kdps on lightning strike ( no charges up , any kind)

i have 8,5k ES ( no vaal discipline, 8,5 normal)

i have 7 charges up ( Hot, HoI, Purity of Light , Purity of Fire , Purity of light, Discipline , Vitality ) 89%light res (with saffel shield)

my problem is that
a person offered me 110exalteds for my legacy mirrored ES shield which has 52%spell dmg and 520ES.

if i replace that shield with a saffel's i can reach +5% MAX res resistance cold, light, fire

the problem is that:

Does it worth losing exactly 2kES to get +5%max res?
are these +5% max res so important? 2k es is extremely high!

Second question
how can i calculate if with purity of Light\fire\cold lv21 i can get 1%more resistance?
i do not understand that . please help me.

the 3th problem is that:
does it really worth running 3x purity , fire, light, ice?
isnt better running 1x PURITY OF ELEMENT ?
i will have 80% resistance instead of 88\89\90%
but. i will be able to run Haste. more dps
and my lightning strike will reach 7,5k dps with any charges and around 9...9,5 with 3 frenzy
Last edited by Bozambo on Jan 31, 2015, 8:18:07 PM
"
Bozambo wrote:
Hello i have another question
and i am sorry for the disturb

i have this problem:

i m running the rainbow nuke version PURE ( no critical , no RF)

i have 6,5kdps on lightning strike ( no charges up , any kind)

i have 8,5k ES ( no vaal discipline, 8,5 normal)

i have 7 charges up ( Hot, HoI, Purity of Light , Purity of Fire , Purity of light, Discipline , Vitality ) 89%light res (with saffel shield)

my problem is that
a person offered me 110exalteds for my legacy mirrored ES shield which has 52%spell dmg and 520ES.

if i replace that shield with a saffel's i can reach +5% MAX res resistance cold, light, fire

the problem is that:

Does it worth losing exactly 2kES to get +5%max res?
are these +5% max res so important? 2k es is extremely high!

Second question
how can i calculate if with purity of Light\fire\cold lv21 i can get 1%more resistance?
i do not understand that . please help me.

the 3th problem is that:
does it really worth running 3x purity , fire, light, ice?
isnt better running 1x PURITY OF ELEMENT ?
i will have 80% resistance instead of 88\89\90%
but. i will be able to run Haste. more dps
and my lightning strike will reach 7,5k dps with any charges and around 9...9,5 with 3 frenzy

First of all the dps on lightning strike doesnt matter at all. You care only about the attack speed.

Since you run vitality i presume you are running with blood magic, right? If so i would replace it with haste and use a life gain on hit instead of curse on hit or pick lust for carnage to sustain lightning strike/molten strike (personally i use lust for carnage). In order to increase even more the dmg use enhance (lvl 4 if possible) linked with blood rage and herald of thunder.

I also don't think running herald of ice is worth. I'd prefer drop a 4% reduced mana reservation node and don't use it.

About the shield your mirrored is really good but i think is wasted on this build since you dont need critical strike chance for spells. I'd buy another rare with good ES and spell damage and maybe craft on it str. I think that saffel is worth only on maps with ele reflection.

About the purities keep em. They are really important especially vs uber atziri. With a lvl 21 linked with empower lvl 3 you get the other 1% max res. If you don't have enought slots link just PoL and PoF with empower and reduced mana.
As I push to level 97 I'm still tweaking this build a bit now that I made the jump to Vaal Pact...

After running a hundred or so maps with VP, I can say somewhat definitively that the survivability boost is HUGE. There are only two mods which need to be avoided on maps: -max and blood magic. Literally every combination of everything else is doable without any real danger. Pretty impressive stuff... I didn't realize how much of a difference it would be.

I have been toying with the idea of altering my setup to include Enhance on my Blood Rage (for added attack speed) for a while now, and finally decided to try it out.

It required a few changes to gem setup and passive tree, as follows:
-Vaal Discipline moved to Shavs, Increased Duration support removed
-Blood Rage moved to boots; Enhance added
-Specced into +5 life gained on kill near Harrier node; need some +life to replenish Blood Rage casting
-Specced into +1 max fire res, mainly in order to get the +% life so that I could keep Clarity at an acceptable level, since enhance adds a 125% multiplier to clarity.

The overall boost from this has been pretty substantial, but my own build is moving towards needing a "don't try this at home" disclaimer, as it's very dependent on GG gear tailored for this build that has +STR/+DEX and +chaos res. It's also not for anything below level 95 in its current form.

Anyways, here's the new tree.

And here's the gear currently
Last edited by tackle70 on Feb 5, 2015, 2:20:06 AM
"
tackle70 wrote:
As I push to level 97 I'm still tweaking this build a bit now that I made the jump to Vaal Pact...

After running a hundred or so maps with VP, I can say somewhat definitively that the survivability boost is HUGE. There are only two mods which need to be avoided on maps: -max and blood magic. Literally every combination of everything else is doable without any real danger. Pretty impressive stuff... I didn't realize how much of a difference it would be.

I have been toying with the idea of altering my setup to include Enhance on my Blood Rage (for added attack speed) for a while now, and finally decided to try it out.

It required a few changes to gem setup and passive tree, as follows:
-Vaal Discipline moved to Shavs, Increased Duration support removed
-Blood Rage moved to boots; Enhance added
-Specced into +5 life gained on kill near Harrier node; need some +life to replenish Blood Rage casting
-Specced into +1 max fire res, mainly in order to get the +% life so that I could keep Clarity at an acceptable level, since enhance adds a 125% multiplier to clarity.

The overall boost from this has been pretty substantial, but my own build is moving towards needing a "don't try this at home" disclaimer, as it's very dependent on GG gear tailored for this build that has +STR/+DEX and +chaos res. It's also not for anything below level 95 in its current form.

Anyways, here's the new tree.

And here's the gear currently

If you are using herald of thunder link also it to enhance ;)
Im using it in vertex mask so i have an enhance lvl5 linked with both blood rage and HoT. The attack speed boost is really awesome that way (79% increased attack speed when on low life) and on herald of thunder with 11% quality (+32 from enhance) it gives 32% increased lightning damage.
Last edited by manu91xd on Feb 5, 2015, 12:15:25 PM
"
manu91xd wrote:

If you are using herald of thunder link also it to enhance ;)

That's a good idea. I'll test it. It's going to involve dropping a few levels off of Clarity so not sure if it will work out or not.

-EDIT- Cost me one passive point to get the Shaper node for extra mana regen, and had to drop Clarity to level 6, but it seems to be working out. Essentially, was a trade of 6% ES for 18% lightning damage, which is a good one.
Last edited by tackle70 on Feb 5, 2015, 1:33:46 PM
Hi guys,excellent guide.

Question 1: Is it still possible and effective to run non crit RT, non VP still? If so what should your life be at after all 7 auras and what should your ES shied be around? Also running blood rage.

Question 2: If running above build is viable, does Arc or Discharge come 1st on the Mjolner Weapon Slot locations?

Question 3: what stats should I get on the rare gloves i need to buy?

Currently i'm at 211/2012 life and 6334 ES with all 7 auras up(VIT,Discipline,Purity of Fire/Light/Ice,Haste,Herald of Ice)

my current gear
Spoiler

my tree
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAGyVLrukC34ptGdlbH8cti6crNbkRUBzcDY1sCyL00NCP-uwYwcV_xl9q2-dHBklR8NUvb9kTcLsnqX5ZgwlGcbQMkyebtcM6ykpvnhqP9tr7CRmKFr8Pq1M1KPpXyQ186rrGnhB_DH2Cx6cIuJPr7hVQ2t2PRvfXm6HDbVxrhEj60h0UQqMksBcvgKTAGmaekFUaOEbXVylxhfMRzLfVdbFCFHH46-oY9zJyqayqWfOGYDpSDjwlvN-_g7YnC4bRYVJ82Zitn8unMAHnNuhfP8EEVbWezd-wj6aCECcv7DiCm9q5e9c=

any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.
IGN - Fear_The_Insane
Leader of Guild - One Eight Seven [MURDA]
Guild Website - www.OneEightSeven.Enjin.Com
Twitch - www.Twitch.TV/187RIPgaming
My Shop - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1145785
Last edited by Fear_Murder_Gaming on Feb 6, 2015, 4:32:08 AM
"
Hi guys,excellent guide.

Question 1: Is it still possible and effective to run non crit RT, non VP still? If so what should your life be at after all 7 auras and what should your ES shied be around? Also running blood rage.

Question 2: If running above build is viable, does Arc or Discharge come 1st on the Mjolner Weapon Slot locations?

Currently i'm at 211/2012 life and 6334 ES with all 7 auras up(VIT,Discipline,Purity of Fire/Light/Ice,Haste,Herald of Ice)

my current gear
Spoiler

my tree
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAGyVLrukC34ptGdlbH8cti6crNbkRUBzcDY1sCyL00NCP-uwYwcV_xl9q2-dHBklR8NUvb9kTcLsnqX5ZgwlGcbQMkyebtcM6ykpvnhqP9tr7CRmKFr8Pq1M1KPpXyQ186rrGnhB_DH2Cx6cIuJPr7hVQ2t2PRvfXm6HDbVxrhEj60h0UQqMksBcvgKTAGmaekFUaOEbXVylxhfMRzLfVdbFCFHH46-oY9zJyqayqWfOGYDpSDjwlvN-_g7YnC4bRYVJ82Zitn8unMAHnNuhfP8EEVbWezd-wj6aCECcv7DiCm9q5e9c=

Yes it is still perfectly viable to run the non-crit, non VP, variation of the build. For more or less all maps, you health and ES is more than sufficient.

As this is a non-crit variation, you should place arc first, so that you stand another chance to generate a power charge for your discharge.

As you still need about 13 strength on gear to equip mjolner, based on your passive skill tree and items, you should aim for a strong ES pair of gloves that give you suitable resists and has an open socket to master craft some strength on to it.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Feb 6, 2015, 5:39:05 AM
"
iSo1iD wrote:
"
Hi guys,excellent guide.

my current gear
Spoiler

my tree
Spoiler

Yes it is still perfectly viable to run the non-crit, non VP, variation of the build. For more or less all maps, you health and ES is more than sufficient.

As this is a non-crit variation, you should place arc first, so that you stand another chance to generate a power charge for your discharge.

As you still need about 13 strength on gear to equip mjolner, based on your passive skill tree and items, you should aim for a strong ES pair of gloves that give you suitable resists and has an open socket to master craft some strength on to it.

hey thanks for the reply. so this build variation is not suitable for atziri or uber atziri?
i will link the gloves once i buy them.
also which flasks should i be using on this build?

also one more question,how much life is needed to sustain lvl 20 blood rage?

also my new gloves,
Spoiler
IGN - Fear_The_Insane
Leader of Guild - One Eight Seven [MURDA]
Guild Website - www.OneEightSeven.Enjin.Com
Twitch - www.Twitch.TV/187RIPgaming
My Shop - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1145785
Last edited by Fear_Murder_Gaming on Feb 6, 2015, 6:33:55 AM
"
Hi guys,excellent guide.

my current gear
Spoiler

my tree
Spoiler

1)

Non-crit, non-VP is what I was running until a couple days ago and it's perfectly viable. Once you get to a certain level with your DPS, though, reflect will start being super dangerous, and VP starts being an attractive option, which is why I switched. I don't think you will have an issue on your current setup with that; you're not using lightning penetration and don't have 21/20 gems so your DPS shouldn't make reflect super dangerous.

I recommend switching to VP if you ever start dying a lot to reflect.

If you are using Shavronne's Revelation, you are not going to have issues with Blood Rage overpowering your regen and degen-ing your ES.

2) Arc 1st

3) In order of priority:
-High ES
-enough of either +STR/+DEX to save you some passive points on the tree and ensure you can use Mjolner
-enough elemental resist to ensure you're capped
-Chaos resist

An open suffix slot for master crafting can go a long way, as such:

"
hey thanks for the reply. so this build variation is not suitable for atziri or uber atziri?

Normal Atziri is really easy with this build. Not sure about Uber being easy if not using VP... I've just never gotten around to trying Uber, though others have used this build on her just fine.
Last edited by tackle70 on Feb 6, 2015, 10:39:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info