ES too OP? world first 30k ES!

whatever -.-

21k.. the disparity is still too much. It makes no sense how es can have 2-3x the effectiveness over life while having more defense AND offense.
The stun amulet IS awful. A caster loses spell damage, cast speed, critical chance, critical multiplier, mana, mana regeneration, elemental %, ES%, and flat ES as potential when they choose to go with a Chayula. IIR? MF has always been a stupid stat that mostly benefits those who seek it.

As for the 21k comment... The guy has 17k without VD. Is that too much with Life Leech, GR, or a decent regen + ZO? Yes. Yes it is. A long time ago, before Open Beta, someone decided that since melee CI was a underpowered (read: stupid to do) and someone wanted to make a unique claw that leeched life, that a keystone on the tree should make life leech become ES leech.

It was at this point that ES and CI became doomed to constant balance issues as the rate of life leech is limited by health pool. At the time, anyone with dual wands and decent gear would have 6k-8k ES and easily surpass 10k up to 12.5k while not even using a shield, with a minor node investment. Life went up to 6k or so. Why someone decided that being able to leech literally twice as much effective life per second was fine is beyond me. Later on, a unique ring and ZO were added as further options because CI and ES both had to be nerfed to balance the way life leech scales with them...

The real answer to this whole argument is that so long as ES is able to get a larger pool than life (which it needs to in order to have a purpose, after all), then % based leech and regeneration both scale too damn well with it to be balanced. Either GGG needs to buff life and make the game utterly trivial, or they need to finally do what any supporter of CI has wanted ever since the downward spiral started: remove GR and ZO. It's not going to happen, since uniques would have to be changed and a massive amount of balancing between ES gear and the passive tree will follow, but I can dream for a day when glass cannons are able to exist in the form of CI users who rely on careful play and a recharging pool to make up for their defenses.
"
The stun amulet IS awful. A caster loses spell damage, cast speed, critical chance, critical multiplier, mana, mana regeneration, elemental %, ES%, and flat ES as potential when they choose to go with a Chayula. IIR? MF has always been a stupid stat that mostly benefits those who seek it.

Even so, it's a necessity with many CI builds. Totem/bow builds can get away with not using it but any melee or close ranged caster is gimping themselves by not using it(or other forms of unwavering).
Last edited by kasub on May 17, 2014, 1:16:07 AM
Stun amulet is hitting 2 birds with 1 stone, how people think it's awful I don't know. Stun is something that is a bane of melee, even if you're life based. It's rarely noticable but the 1 time it is, you die. It's very much worth the sacrifice of luxurious dps stats on an amulet. And besides... if we follow this logic then kaom's heart would be rubbish too.

Also the op updated his gear. It's now 21k. Apparently 17k was his bad gear.
This whole thread is so full off butthurt lol. The only "expensive" item in his gear is his chest lmao. You can get a similar circlet for like 15 ex and gloves and boots the same price range.
What's even funnier is the mad guy on page 3? saying he 1 hits every boss and is unkillable lol. Since when does 40k dps 1 hit bosses? Besides what's so impressive about 17k es. Last time I checked there was also a guy with 14k hp but I didn't see such butthurt people over there.
Idk what's the whole deal with ppl being so jealous that they constantly beg GGG for to nerf something every time some player is doing better than them. Thanks to you morons GGG has already ruined a ton of builds and items. Your whining for uniques being nerfed was what made the legacy deal blow up in our faces and screw up the economy. Every bad thing that has happened in this game is thanks to the moaning jelly people.
IGN
UnderworldQueenie
Groub
"
jebroni wrote:
whatever -.-

21k.. the disparity is still too much. It makes no sense how es can have 2-3x the effectiveness over life while having more defense AND offense.

A 21k ES build is not 2-3x more effective than an 8000k HP build. Isn't that obvious? And yeah, there are life/block builds which are even more tanky than dimen's ES build. (Even with a WAY smaller HP number than 21k, because this one number does not describe your whole defense)
It is just that people are buthurt and ignore evidence.I ve posted this again on this thread and i will repost it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re0OuXF8GxI

Life based block character goes AFK on atziri,and she cannot even kill him.THAT'S real tankineed.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
There's a reason nobody did this before, it's because it's not a particularly good idea. If you're going to put that much effort in you can do much better. If anything it was actually less effective than I thought it might be.

I don't think es is more powerful than life either, the reason being the absolutely ridiculous gear and build requirements. It's extremely unwieldy compared to a similar strength life build.

Sure there is a point where es-builds (read low-life builds) get "better" than a life based one with similar investment. But when you're at that point in build and gear progression there will be no particular difference in efficiency between them. One of the builds will just see higher numbers than the other but it's just bloat at that point.

Higher numbers does not necessarily mean something is better. There are more factors to consider.
"
Poutsos wrote:
It is just that people are buthurt and ignore evidence.I ve posted this again on this thread and i will repost it

Life based block character goes AFK on atziri,and she cannot even kill him.THAT'S real tankineed.

Is it possible for that build to die?
"
Hartree wrote:
"
jebroni wrote:
whatever -.-

A 21k ES build is not 2-3x more effective than an 8000k HP build. Isn't that obvious? And yeah, there are life/block builds which are even more tanky than dimen's ES build. (Even with a WAY smaller HP number than 21k, because this one number does not describe your whole defense)

hp/es >>> any other defense. Better regen rate, better leech rate, next to immune to burst. 9k armor + 30% block is too much already for 21k es. And the small life pool block build you're talking about dies to groups of slow hitting mobs. That does not happen to es when its at 21k.

And the 2 videos above is probably a rf build, which just so happens to be a good resistance against atziri. Those kind of builds struggle even more on the earlier bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info