Drillneck mechanics questions

"
Asidra wrote:
Tested - it works. For Poison Arrow - makes for a cheap alternative to +2/+1 bows.

Drillneck isn't exactly cheap either, is it?

Edit: Another unique with a good design that will no longer drop, a shame.
Last edited by Grughal on Jul 10, 2014, 4:51:28 AM
Drillneck cannot drop at the moment but it will return when the new quivers are added back into the game in patch 1.2.0. The only Ambush/Invasion uniques that will be legacy are Voideye and Vaal Caress.

"
Chris wrote:
Unique Items
We generally do not add unique items from challenge leagues to the full pool when the league ends. With Ambush/Invasion we have examined our roster of unique quivers, and we allow all the new unique quivers to spawn when the new quiver progression is swapped in at 1.2.0.
"
Zoid wrote:
Drillneck cannot drop at the moment but it will return when the new quivers are added back into the game in patch 1.2.0. The only Ambush/Invasion uniques that will be legacy are Voideye and Vaal Caress.

"
Chris wrote:
Unique Items
We generally do not add unique items from challenge leagues to the full pool when the league ends. With Ambush/Invasion we have examined our roster of unique quivers, and we allow all the new unique quivers to spawn when the new quiver progression is swapped in at 1.2.0.

Sick. You just made my day, sir.
So, to get this straight:

- No matter how much pierce chance you stack (passives, Pierce support gem, penetrating quiver), the cap to increased projectile damage will always be set to 100% increased projectile damage. Even if your total amount exceeds 100% chance to pierce (max 124%), piercing chance and projectile damage will never cross the 100% threshold.

That's what I'm getting out of this thread, hopefully someone clarifies this.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
"
Islidox wrote:
Wven if your total amount exceeds 100% chance to pierce (max 124%), piercing chance and projectile damage will never cross the 100% threshold.

You can't pierce more than 100% (every projectile pierces) so it's capped at 100%.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
CommodoX wrote:
"
Islidox wrote:
Wven if your total amount exceeds 100% chance to pierce (max 124%), piercing chance and projectile damage will never cross the 100% threshold.

You can't pierce more than 100% (every projectile pierces) so it's capped at 100%.

Thanks.

I'm still contemplating about using a Drillneck, but I may opt for a 5L without Pierce, and just go with the pierce passives and the Drillneck quiver. (Iceshot + LMP + FA + ICS + PPAD)
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
If I were to use Drillneck with a projectile based spell while using Infractem, would the spell benefit from the Projectile damage increase? Or does the increase only effect attacks? Also, I'm assuming that it only counts the pierce chance for attacks, and not the pierce chance for spells, right?
Last edited by Paradoxmoth on Aug 28, 2014, 4:24:30 PM
It was already mentioned in this very thread.

"
raics wrote:
"
S_Guy wrote:
I'm wondering:
Even though Pierce has no effect on Rain of Arrows,
does it still get the damage buff from Drillneck?

It does, Drillneck gives your projectile hits a 'projectile damage' bonus based on their arrow pierce chance stat, and they possess the said stat even if they can't make use of it. So drillneck works just fine on rain of arrows, explosive arrow detonations, poison arrow clouds, bleeding from puncture and all projectile spells.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 28, 2014, 4:28:51 PM
Does Powerful precision still work with Drillneck with no tooltip pierce chance?

If my ranger/deadeye has powerful precision, but no other pierce support, my tooltip arrow pierce chance is zero. In this situation, does Drillneck still work at close range?
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Yep, it'll work just fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info