Drillneck mechanics questions

This is such a versatile quiver. Best couple of exalts I've spent. Simply underrated. Works awesome with the unappreciated Death's Harp bow as well since its like a 2 arrow LMP AOE without being gimped and gives a decent physical damage output when levelling the toon, which Pierce-Puncture and Piecre-Burning Arrow builds on, and then massively augmented with this quiver. You can easily hit 3k dps by level 40s. Bosses bleed out and die in less than a second, when you crit and then they move. Faster than you can blink.

My current pierce chance is 98%, almost there at 100! since I'm using a crit chance + multi puncture build, I'm using Vulnerability instead. Occassionally I'll use the appropriate elemental curses or Projectile Weakness if I feel like going whatever elemental build I feel like. So easy to switch especially Burning Arrow, which gives me the highest dps.

Won't be surprised if this quiver is a 600-1000 point prize next race season.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
Won't be surprised if this quiver is a 600-1000 point prize next race season.

Well, it kinda has to be, otherwise no one will ever get to use it in a 4month league ever again.

For as cool as the item is, I'm wary to build with it since I know I won't be able to enjoy the build again in the future.
The development manifesto has mentioned that due to the lack of unique quivers, they are considering making both this and the Rearguard permanent additions as opposed to league only.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
"
Asidra wrote:
The development manifesto has mentioned that due to the lack of unique quivers, they are considering making both this and the Rearguard permanent additions as opposed to league only.

Praise the sun!
"

*jumps up and down in chair of excitement*

"
Praise the sun!

We shall praise together, rngesus demands it!

(this suiver just allows so many theory-crafts its unreal o.O, i hope we see more of these designs in the future)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
1. Let's say you're using a typical bow with Drillneck (10% pierce chance, Projectile Damage increased by Arrow Pierce Chance). You're using a level 21 Pierce support (60% pierce chance) as well as a level 21 Projectile Weakness (60% pierce chance).

Which best describes the damage increase from Drillneck on enemies cursed with Projectile Weakness?
a. 70%
b. 100%
c. 130%

2. Take the situation from #1, then add the Piercing Shots passive notable (35% pierce chance).

Which best describes the damage increase from Drillneck on enemies cursed with Projectile Weakness?
a. 100%
b. 105%
c. 165%

3. Take the situation from #2, then replace the bow with Infractem.

a. 100%
b. 105%
c. 205%
d. 265%

Projectile Weakness has no interaction with Drillneck, because it's not increasing the pierce chance of the skill, but modifying the enemy.
Your chance to pierce is never above 100%.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on May 6, 2014, 9:22:16 PM
Wow Drillnecks are 20 exalted now? 400% price increase????

Ok its some bozo trying to corner the market. Now if a flood of Drillnecks can start to sell, and bring his stupid prices down, or better yet, don't trade :(

That's the 'free' market for you.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Last edited by THEHORNEDRAT on May 7, 2014, 2:45:20 PM
What about drillneck interaction with the Infractem bow? Does is automatically grant you 100% damage?
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Arrow pierce chance is 100% with it on character offense tab so I'm tempted to say yes.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Tested - it works. For Poison Arrow - makes for a cheap alternative to +2/+1 bows.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Jul 10, 2014, 12:23:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info