Convocation

I'm with everyone else, please reduce the cooldown from 8 seconds to 4 seconds. It's really frustrating controlling the minions. You could even reduce the healing effect by 50% if that helps.

Pretty please? :D
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
Damn this skill needs cooldown reduction.
First, this skill is bugged. If you use the skill immediately after it's horrendous cooldown, minions won't teleport to you, and the cooldown restarts. This has been thoroughly tested, and confirmed it is indeed broken.

Second, I'm in total agreement with everyone here saying it needs a lower cooldown. Hell, get rid of the regen entirely if you need to, it's not helpful to have 100 minion regen on minions with over 10k hp anyway. It's essentially useless.
Last edited by Crixus1 on Sep 3, 2017, 2:56:57 AM
Please reduce the cooldown on this!
I'm sick and tired of my zombies / guardian dying to frost/flame/light bearers.

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
We need to make petition or something? "Please GGG fix this bugged skill and improve QoL for most summoners by simply reducing/removing CD". Even then I doubt they would do this, I guess 100hp regen for 15k hp minion is too OP.

Usually I dont rant that much, even when they piss on some AMD users (especially R9 ones), I understand it might be challenging to fix technical issues. But convocation issue should be fixed long time ago, I dont think its hard to modify simple CD values at least.
Last edited by Krz3mien on Sep 8, 2017, 5:02:16 PM
I agree with much of the above and suggest a compromise:

- Remove the cast speed bonus for quality on Convocation. (If we want it cast faster, then we need to invest elsewhere with a FC gem or in the tree or on items...), you can also remove the skill duration bonus
- Quality on Convocation should give x% cooldown reduction per 1% quality
- Raise the mana cost of the skill significantly (consider +100%) and lower the base cooldown by at least 50%.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Man, there are so many things wrong with this gem I don't even know where to start. Here is my essay on why I think this skill is infuriating and it is loaded with hot opinions, bad math and probably an ignorant viewpoint of this skill!!!!!

Spoiler
- You currently get it in Act 3, which is absolutely MIND BOGGLING how long it takes for a staple skill in a summoner's arsenal to appear as a quest reward. That crappy life regen everybody talks smack about? Yeah, that might actually be useful in Act 1 where you lack minion life regeneration, and every single battle is chipping away at your zombies.

- Cast time is long. A whopping .80 seconds is a REALLY LONG ANIMATION when you either want your minions by your side IMMEDIATELY TO DEFEND YOU, or you want to get them out of a murder zone they're frolicking in.

- The cooldown of 8 seconds is absolute absurd; I don't understand why they decided to set it so high. Yes, people were abusing Smoke Mines + proximity shields on evangelists to stay in them constantly, and eventually Smoke Mines lost their ability to leash minions, to which Convocation was introduced to fill this niche. However, there are better ways of handling this, such as not gimping a skill intended to be used by multiple builds, to account for potential abuse by one particular spectre setup. This is especially important after you have already nerfed the duration, and frequency of Evangelist proximity shields. Why is this even still a thing?! The abuse scenario was fixed, right? I want to know what "To limit abuse cases by putting the skill on an eight-second cooldown." means in the current state of the game, because 1.1.3 was a LONG time ago.

- That crappy life regeneration is what I am currently talking smack about. Now, if it were something tangible like a percentage heal over time, a straight up % of hp restored immediately to minions on usage, or it applied some sort of beneficial effect to the summoner, then I might be able to understand a cooldown to prevent unkillable minions, but in the current state? It's absolutely PITIFUL and serves little purpose aside from being nothing more than "flavour" tacked on.
See, without Minion Life Support my zombies currently have 14602 hp, which is the absolute lowest of my minions, and Convocation heals 116 life over 3 seconds, so around 2.3% over 3 seconds, or ~.79% life regenerated per second; in the absolute best scenario assuming 100% uptime of this buff with CD added in, this amounts to ~0.099% life regenerated per second.
In the new skill announcement post, Convocation was advertised as "To provide another way to heal minions, in addition to the current flask mod and totems that people use.", which is the equivalent of applying a kiss, or a bandaid to a brutal dismemberment in the sense that this will not help anything.
Yeah, this isn't going to save your minions in any event; never before have I said "WOW, I SURE AM GLAD THAT CONVOCATION'S ~300 LIFE HEAL WAS THERE TO SAVE MY MINIONS FROM THE BRINK OF DEATH." or "Over the course of that long, grueling fight of which I kept the Convocation buff up 100% of the time, that 0.099% life regenerated over time was just enough to keep my minions from being turbo murdered!"

I don't even understand why people are trying to bargain for convocation buffs with trade-offs, when just about every aspect of this gem is under-tuned and clunky. Allow me to make up a hypothetical scenario, and ask a question...

One day GGG goes crazy, and changes the stats of Convocation to the following:
0 cast time
0 cool down
0 mana cost
Minion Life Regen stays the same

Aside from changing Minion Life Regeneration from a flat number to a % heal, or adding CrAzY nEw MoDiFiErS, this is the absolute best the gem will get. Now, how is this broken? Why is this broken? Maybe there's some obscure unintended engine bug/mechanic here I'm missing where using Convocation causes your minions to freak out and cancel attack recovery animations, allowing them to attack faster or something, but all I see is enhanced usability, and a quality of life change. Proximity shield abuse? Add a cooldown to the monster skill that begins when the shield ends, so you can't just increase the duration long enough that they have 100% up time.

However, don't get me wrong, I don't believe that the skill should be changed to those numbers posted above, but I wanted to show a contrast of how the skill at its absolute best isn't some EGREGIOUS OFFENSE AGAINST GOD. Maybe we could try bumping up the numbers a bit from that example?

0.40 cast time
4 cooldown time
9 ~ 13 mana cost
Minions recover 10 ~ 20% of life on use.

It retains the cooldown, but it casts faster to pull minions out of danger, and applies a chunky heal to them for those moments in which things are getting dangerous. The instant payload heal to minions prevents "abuse" with Increased Duration nodes/supports that would be encountered with "minions recover % of life over <duration>". Perhaps if that isn't good, keep it as a low percentage heal over time, but keep the duration high? Maybe change the heal over time to life leech? A defensive buff to minions? I have a hesitance to suggest removing it - as "give and take" when regarding balancing isn't really fair when it's a pauper - but I would totally be fine with the complete removal of life regen per second aspect, if it helped in lowering the cooldown/cast time.

It's just so frustrating, because there are SO MANY OPTIONS that could be taken with changing this skill to maybe not be clunky - yet necessary - garbage, but none of them were taken; it honestly just feels as though this was a skill dumped into the game mid-league to fill the niche left by the changes to smoke mine, and it hasn't been touched since.

"There are helmet enchantments you can use to lower the cd time"
Between aura enchantments, curse enchantments, minion enchantments, and bone helmet minion damage implicit, there are a TON of other choices I would take before reduced cooldown for Convocation; I don't think that something that important to a utility skill should be locked behind Uber Lab for the best enchantment. However, we could still retain keeping it in the labyrinth, and bake it into an Ascendancy node? Honestly, I'd prefer just straight up baseline buffs, but I'll take what I can get assuming it isn't a trade-off.

"Use links to make it better"
Builds in which you actually use Convocation are generally starved for slots already; aside from Faster Casting, I can't even think of what I'd support it with. Increased Duration? The life regen is garbage, and the slot cost is way higher than the benefit it would give.

"Wow, 10 ~ 20% minion life healed on a 4 second cooldown? That's insane and I will specifically pick this out as to why you don't know what you're talking about"
Okay sure whatever, that might be a bit high, but so long as it heals a percentage where a NON-ZERO NUMBER is IN FRONT of the decimal point, then fine

By: Atzros
Age: Probably too old to be complaining about crappy tertiary support skills in angry rambling depth like this.

Yeah, I'm going to keep using it regardless of whether or not it gets some affection because I absolutely need to otherwise my minions will go pick their nose in a corner while I get mauled, but I would REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF IT GOT SOME LOVE.
Convocation is showing up on my microtransaction tab in-game but I cannot find a skill effect for it in the Shop. Is there one available?
Invoker node "50% recovery" should not exist.
If you have to patch skill balance loopholes with ascendancy nodes — you're seriously fucked up.

Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Tried a summoner. Minions always stay at my back and it is frustrating. When i saw there is a gem that calls minions near me i was happy till i saw the cooldown. 8 seconds? Just no. Summoners? Never again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info