Convocation

This skill needs some revisiting. Even on normal gameplay as it is now it needs to be adjusted again. It should get at least even 3 charges to make it usable for other classes at all.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
^basically this
feels very bad on my ele golem witch
I love this skill. I really do.

I just got done playing Diablo 3. You know, the game that everyone says is total horse-shit, and I was excited to come back to play my favorite build: Summoner. Coming from D3, I was excited to see how you guys took the idea of Command Skeletons and make it so much better, since the entirety of this game is like D3. Except actually fun to play.

I. Love. Convocation.
You see, unlike Command Skeleton that only commands Skeletons and costs resource to use, and also grants a meaningful buff, Convocation says screw all that and not only summons your Zombies but also your Spectres. As previously mentioned, Command Skeleton costs resource to use. Thankfully, Convocation does not (It technically does but wtf are you gonna link to this lol). You see, Path of Exile does not regard "time" as a resource, therefore the egregiously long cooldown of 8 seconds is not considered a resource being spent.
Likewise, if you need to reposition your undead horde more than once every 8 seconds, there's obviously something wrong with you, your build, or your decision making. Why else have an arbitrarily long cooldown on a skill that should naturally be part of your spec but demands you to socket it and waste a slot on it?

It's all part of a bigger plan, folks.

Additionally, Command Skeletons offers a DPS Boost to your Skeletons. GGG knows betters, and knows we don't need any more DPS on our raised minions because they're beefy enough. Instead, it offers a very chunky health regeneration to all affected units.
Right now, my Convocation is at Level 18. It has a duration of 2 seconds and restores 109 health per second. Adding up to a G I R T H Y total of 218 health over the duration of the skill. Considering each of my Zombies, currently at Lvl 18 as well, has about 10k health, I'm very pleased to be able to restore 2.1% of their max health over 2 seconds every 8 seconds. This has saved me many times from certain death when fighting endgame bosses like the Beach Map boss and the treacherous Graveyard Map boss.

All in all, I rate this gem an 11/10 and humbly support GGG's decision making into making the gem... a literal gem...
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
"
casval776 wrote:
I love this skill. I really do.

I just got done playing Diablo 3. You know, the game that everyone says is total horse-shit, and I was excited to come back to play my favorite build: Summoner. Coming from D3, I was excited to see how you guys took the idea of Command Skeletons and make it so much better, since the entirety of this game is like D3. Except actually fun to play.

I. Love. Convocation.
You see, unlike Command Skeleton that only commands Skeletons and costs resource to use, and also grants a meaningful buff, Convocation says screw all that and not only summons your Zombies but also your Spectres. As previously mentioned, Command Skeleton costs resource to use. Thankfully, Convocation does not (It technically does but wtf are you gonna link to this lol). You see, Path of Exile does not regard "time" as a resource, therefore the egregiously long cooldown of 8 seconds is not considered a resource being spent.
Likewise, if you need to reposition your undead horde more than once every 8 seconds, there's obviously something wrong with you, your build, or your decision making. Why else have an arbitrarily long cooldown on a skill that should naturally be part of your spec but demands you to socket it and waste a slot on it?

It's all part of a bigger plan, folks.

Additionally, Command Skeletons offers a DPS Boost to your Skeletons. GGG knows betters, and knows we don't need any more DPS on our raised minions because they're beefy enough. Instead, it offers a very chunky health regeneration to all affected units.
Right now, my Convocation is at Level 18. It has a duration of 2 seconds and restores 109 health per second. Adding up to a G I R T H Y total of 218 health over the duration of the skill. Considering each of my Zombies, currently at Lvl 18 as well, has about 10k health, I'm very pleased to be able to restore 2.1% of their max health over 2 seconds every 8 seconds. This has saved me many times from certain death when fighting endgame bosses like the Beach Map boss and the treacherous Graveyard Map boss.

All in all, I rate this gem an 11/10 and humbly support GGG's decision making into making the gem... a literal gem...

11/10 post :)
I have to admit that I am seriously considering taking the convocation enchant on my summoner. It seems that I am unable to clear pack fast enough without it - the specters are always staying behind. Even then the clunky layouts like library/basilica will be hard - but right now I am having issues even with waterways...
Hi there :)
It seems like convocation doesn't regenerate any life to my specter or zombies...
I sadly don't have any %regen node for the moment, I'm still leveling and no matter how much I use it , their life bar doesn't gain any pixel.
I as wondering if something went wrong with 3.8 change, or if I have anything preventing them to gain that life maybe even the use of celestial skin, maybe it's only visual (zombies don't seem to die that often, but specter definitly quicker when it's bar show it's hurt (yup, only 1 specter for the moment. You know,leveling).

PS: it's not QQ post, just wondering if something is amiss.

Edit: Forget it... it's just that 0.9% for 2 sec is soo little life gained... I finally saw it go up.... by 1 pixel...
Last edited by ernoriel on Sep 10, 2019, 6:24:35 PM
Is there any skill that will call my skeletons back to me?
Can we make this skill also apply to the summoned skeletons, would be a great quality of life improvement for certain builds and I do not see how it would break the game. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info