Molten Strike

this is probably the wrong thread but you should pick up unwavering stance if youre only at 3k hp

i tried multiple times now different gems

always used: manaleech/bm + lgoh + molten strike

(my opinions from best to worst, first 3 are my "winners")

Lesser Multiple Projectiles
Weapon Elemental Damage
Faster Attacks

i personally would not chose Multistrike, the physical damage from it only applies to the main hit and not to the projectiles
it attacks 3 times but lowers the damage of every projectile by a lot ( i really felt slower than going with LMP instead )

Concentrated Effect
might be good for single targets/bosses but im 80% sure i wouldnt finish a single full map run with it

Added Fire Damage should be better than WED if youre not playing with hatred, when playing with hatred WED should be a lot better probably
Last edited by Giniyo on May 9, 2014, 7:55:22 AM
I am useing soul taker.
SO BM or Manaleech is no option.

But i have to say conc is not the big different.

I have a legacy BoR and with Molten Strike + LgoH + Multistrike 20/20 + GMP 19/20

bofore i tried legacy BoR and with Molten Strike + LgoH + Conc 20/0 + GMP 19/20

The Area was much closer and Dominus was a bit faster down but i didnt heal myself that much like Multistrike so i changed back to the first variant and it feel very smooth.

So I'm currently running Molten Strike in a crit build with Bino's Kitchen Knife.

I'm concentrating more on the projectiles than the initial hit with this build. I'm able to burn/poison mobs very easily and generate quite a bit of hp regen from the dagger. I was wondering if anyone had a better setup than:

Molten Strike - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Incr Crit Dmg - Added Fire Dmg - Weapon Ele

I've been thinking of swapping Added Fire Dmg for Physical Projectile Attack Damage but not sure if that will provide that much more dmg?

How is Conc effect? I feel like it doesn't really add that much

Is LMP/GMP better than Multistrike? Would it be better to do LMP over faster attacks?

Last edited by recurring on May 9, 2014, 2:10:28 PM
yeah i would try switching faster for more projectiles, phys projectile damage is probably not worth it

and multistrike for more lgoh procs is a pretty good reason i guess
Could someone confirm that "increased critical strike chance with one hand melee weapon" passive works with molten strike moltens?

And what about if I miss an attack to mob, is there possibility that released moltens crit even when melee attack is missed?
S

Would chance to ignite work for molten strike? I'm currently running a 6L molten strike + multistrike + lgoh + wed + added fire damage + faster attacks. Would ignite need crit hit to proc? I'm using resolute tech. If so would cti + fire pen work with m setup taking out added fire and faster attack?
Chance to Ignite doesn't need critical hits.
Taking out Added Fire Damage doesn't make that much sense if you want to deal damage with ignite.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
Can the projectiles miss? Im thinking about making a projectile based build, and the projectiles don't seem to hit the enemies directly, but rather land on the ground and then deal aoe damage. Am i right in assuming this means the projectile damage always hits, or can it miss simply because it's considered an attack rather than a spell?
Last edited by Meraxas on May 12, 2014, 7:45:45 PM
Molten Strike is an attack and can miss. The projectiles are no different in this respect.
First thing off, I decided to reroll when the Gem came out. I tried it on a COC char that was so not specced into melee or 2H and the skill still made considerable damage in end-game by being lvl 10 skill gem lvl. I had some elemental damage boost from my build but, still.

The base of my build is high ST mara with a ranged alternative, aka Spectral Throw. Playing HC leagues as a total melee ONLY while experimenting new skills is not a so good idea.

And there it is, by getting my Iron Grip keystone, I get damage boost for my Spectral Throw and the Molten Strike projectiles, since I have high ST, it is considerable.

I also happen to have a combo and might make some people consider this: Melee Splash makes your main attack AOE, Concentrated effect gives a MORE damage increase on AOE. Running this made me go through made me plow through cruel with two 4Ls.

Molten Strike + Melee Splash + Conc Effect + Life Leech

and

Spectral Throw + LMP + Proj Phys Damage + Added Fire

I also tried a 6L

Molten Strike + Melee Splash + Melee Phys + Weap Ele + Conc Effect + Fast Attacks
The group damage outta that was completely stupid, but Tooltip wouldn't give a clue about what actual damage is done.

NB I dont go LMP or GMP on molten strike, costs mana and reducing the physical damage part of the projectiles would make armor a problem, which is not currently.
Last edited by TheZorka on May 13, 2014, 9:16:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info