Molten Strike

"
shanepaw123 wrote:
Would chance to ignite work for molten strike? I'm currently running a 6L molten strike + multistrike + lgoh + wed + added fire damage + faster attacks. Would ignite need crit hit to proc? I'm using resolute tech. If so would cti + fire pen work with m setup taking out added fire and faster attack?

You'd want to swap Multistrike and Faster Attacks for Ignite Chance and Fire Penetration. Avatar of Fire is of course mandatory too.

It's probably the most efficient from a stat tree perspective as Fire% will impact all damage sources: the hit, the bawllz, the ignite %. The only inefficiency is with the blasted Anger aura - flat damage wants attack speed more than anything, while ignite wants bigger hits more than anything.

That sort of thing still drives me crazy. Added Cold damage with Ice Shot, Added Fire Damage on Fireball; Lightning is the only element where the aura and <Added Element> support gem match up to the same build. (Of which there are about four. There are four builds in the game.)
Does anyone know if the damage added from Auras like Wrath and Anger affect the projectile damage?
Yes, Wrath and Anger apply to Attacks.
edit: ive found life gain on hit and gmp are pretty essential to staying alive

i decided to go 1 hand mace and shield, still trying to get doryani's mace and three dragons helmet

current build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswUtBVsOPBLhFCAUTRRxFm8YkRmFGjgaVR0UJKoppTJ-Mok26DbpOlI8BUbXR35KfU4qT31QR1FgU99Vxlb6Vw1X4ljbWfNbr2BLYSFko2VNZp5noGe9apNuaXB9cql0QXTtdud35XrvgFaDOITZhO-HdotPi4yPRpBVkc6bg5uhns2fy5_fogCkwqcwp4SrxayqrK-0-bZBu-2-p8APwBrM289l0NDSIdJN1e3dDeFz42rsOO0g7m_vfPAf9zL60vzF

using hatred and grace

still waiting to get avatar of fire and another curse on a corrupted amulet so elemental weakness + flammability

the dps isnt great atm with this gear

but once i get three dragons for shock stacks, doryani's mace and avatar of fire im expecting it to be alot better
Last edited by DutchRudder on May 16, 2014, 7:27:04 AM
This actually is some good gear, don't expect your dps to go outta bounds just cuz u get the mask.
Though that build is somewhat similar to mine, starting with Templar takes forever to get Leather and Steal for mov pen, IR to get armor and point blank for a really better projectile damage. My build is a HC build however.
not sure why im reading ignite to be suggested but ignite is a horrible idea if you want to deal some real damage. The damage of molten strike is spread out between 4 smaller hits, not one large one. The ignite damage is based off the initial damage of the hit and it does not stack, it only gets overlapped by any harder hitting attack.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai7lxebgMvl1dGhiNDRINks2NFgtTy1GM3VGcWVheFE&usp=sharing

check out the spreadsheet by Fearmonger, it will give you an idea of the true potential of Molten Strike as well as the true dps it possesses.

I am not saying you can't run it but as straight comparison to other gem options its not that great.
Im loving this attack currently @ 32k dmg almost 33k

this is my gear

and this my current tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwEswthFE0Wbxb5GF0ZhRo4Gj4abBv6JKol3ycvKS4pTzH7Mok26TrYPfxE50d-TdhUSVXGVw1X4lhjWfNfP2VNZk9qHmo7bmlyqXfleA15aHuMf-OBSYM4hNmHaog4jHaMz49GkFWQbJHOmSudip2uogCkGaSspwinhKgYqWiplKvFrKqyOLvtvJ-9gb6KvqfAD8AawQTG2M9l0NDSIdJN42rjn-Qi7DjvDu988B_yL_Pd9kj3Mve-
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
I see that you didn't get the Point Blank nor Iron Grip nodes. The Point Blank one, even though it is quite expensive to get there, basically always adds 45-40% MORE damage, depending on how your area of effect are scaled. Iron Grip allows the str bonus to be applied as increased phys damage, which can get pretty high as a STR character.

The rest of the build is just like mine, except for the life nodes in Templar area, I left the 8% ones untouched except for bridging to the +30 +10% life.
Just started a build with this gem. What have you guys discovered are the better/best DPS auras for an MS build, and why? Also, what non-DPS auras seem critical?
Since they are a mostly big, rather slow, hits with good damage already, I wouldn't recommend a DPS aura other than Haste, which also gives survivability(as long as you know how to move).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info